The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: January 14th, 2020

• Posted on 14 January 20 at 22:59Permalink
    Junkdewd said:
    NioH x Ghost said:
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    A Plagues Tale at $20 is $5 cheaper than the ultimate sale. It might be just low enough...
    it's 20 physical at gamestop, so you can at least get some money back after youre done
    If they don't ninja close because they didn't get enough iPhone trade ins for the week.
    If you are an elite member, watch values on the app, & take advantage of promotions, you can get good trade, especially on systems. Right before Christmas my son's Xbox One S started acting like it was starting to die. They had a bonus promotion (bonus $50 trade on consoles, and a free NEW controller with the purchase of an X), plus Microsoft had a sale on their systems. I traded his S, a spare controller & my copy of Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order for almost $200. I bought an X bundle with Fallen Order for $375 tax included. So I basically traded a used controller for a new one, a disc for a digital copy, and a S for an X for $175. That sir, is a great deal.
    That being said, I would NEVER buy a used console from there wink
  • YODA12320YODA123201,395,424
    Posted on 15 January 20 at 00:57Permalink
    EazyE2285 said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    I’m concerned about picking up the Shadow of Tomb Raider season pass, as they delisted the base game when they added it to Game Pass. So if it leaves Game Pass with two weeks notice you would have to pay for the season pass a second time. Buying a physical copy works out as more expensive.
    Why would you ever have to pay for something twice? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Think I'll grab a couple of the cheap games this week for easy score
    The game includes the season pass. So if you decide to buy just the season pass on it’s own now, and then later you have to buy the game + season pass, you wasted your money buying the season pass in the first place.

I can’t think of any other game where they delisted the standard edition and not the “ultimate” edition.
    Ah yes was just misunderstanding you. Could have just been delisted while in game pass because of the discount. Like "hey so you liked our game well buy the full version or just the extras not included"
    No you are not understanding at all if he bought the season pass now he'd have to buy the game and rebuy the season pass agian. So he should wait till theres a good sale on the deluxe edition or whatever its currently called. Then buying the season pass now.
    Regards;Yoda12320
  • YODA12320YODA123201,395,424
    Posted on 15 January 20 at 00:58Permalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    Ah yes was just misunderstanding you. Could have just been delisted while in game pass because of the discount. Like "hey so you liked our game well buy the full version or just the extras not included"
    The Shadow of the Tomb Raider base game was delisted some months after it was added to Game Pass. The best thing they could do is re-list it when it leaves Game Pass, for all those that own the DLC but not the game. But what about those whose Game Pass sub runs out before then? Normally you are given the choice of buying-to-own anything in Game Pass, but you cannot for this game.

For example I bought the FH4 Expansion Pass, but I still have the choice of buying the FH4 base game to own when my GP sub runs out, rather than only FH4 Ultimate.
    Ya thats why you should just wait on the deluxe/ultimate version.
    Regards;Yoda12320
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285278,783
    Posted on 15 January 20 at 03:36Permalink
    YODA12320 said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    I’m concerned about picking up the Shadow of Tomb Raider season pass, as they delisted the base game when they added it to Game Pass. So if it leaves Game Pass with two weeks notice you would have to pay for the season pass a second time. Buying a physical copy works out as more expensive.
    Why would you ever have to pay for something twice? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Think I'll grab a couple of the cheap games this week for easy score
    The game includes the season pass. So if you decide to buy just the season pass on it’s own now, and then later you have to buy the game + season pass, you wasted your money buying the season pass in the first place.

I can’t think of any other game where they delisted the standard edition and not the “ultimate” edition.
    No you are not understanding at all if he bought the season pass now he'd have to buy the game and rebuy the season pass agian. So he should wait till theres a good sale on the deluxe edition or whatever its currently called. Then buying the season pass now.
    Thanks for pointing out what he already had I guess? Maybe finish the thread before outrage replying?

Also still understood what he meant with the one you quoted and just threw out a reason why they may have done something so ridiculous. Thanks for telling me what I understand though. Needed a decent laugh today.
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan104,007
    Posted on 15 January 20 at 14:32Permalink
    Best ever sale prices this week (pb = previous best):
    A Plague Tale: Innocence (19.99, pb 24.99)
    Cel Damage HD (2.24, pb 2.70)
    Door Kickers: Action Squad (First Time Sale)
    Etherborn (9.34, pb 13.59)
    Gift of Parthax (2.49, pb 3.74)
    Hollow (9.99, pb 13.39)
    I, Zombie (1.31, pb 1.99)
    Mining Rail (7.79, pb 9.09)
    Ping Redux (First Time Sale)
    Pixel Gladiator (First Time Sale)
    Shalnor Legends: Sacred Lands (1.99, pb 6.99)
    Subdivision Infinity DX (First Time Sale)
    Tour De France 2019 (First Time Sale)
    FIA European Truck Racing Championship (29.99, pb 44.99)

Higher-than-previous best:
    Another World 20th Anniversary Edition (2.39, pb 1.59 1/16/18)
    Big Buck Hunter Arcade (4.99, pb 3.99 7/10/18)
    Tacoma (4.99, pb 3.99 11/21/19)
  • PredefiancePredefiance207,564
    Posted on 15 January 20 at 20:48Permalink
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    A Plagues Tale at $20 is $5 cheaper than the ultimate sale. It might be just low enough...
    It's worth it. It's a fantastic story-driven puzzle game. Reminded me of Hellblade and Last of Us.
  • Posted on 16 January 20 at 03:59Permalink
    Hellgate Aeon said:
    deathchicken10 said:
    You know what never goes on sale by itself? Turok 2. :(
    Fock that game... honestly. Had it when it came out on n64. Great BACK THEN. total bullshit by todays standards.
    I respectfully disagree. The second one expanded significantly. Shame about the frame rate. I will admit that I haven't played it since it came out on N64, though. Perhaps it's not all I remember it to be. But if it was five bucks CDN I'd be right on it
  • Posted on 16 January 20 at 06:26Permalink
    deathchicken10 said:
    Hellgate Aeon said:
    deathchicken10 said:
    You know what never goes on sale by itself? Turok 2. :(
    Fock that game... honestly. Had it when it came out on n64. Great BACK THEN. total bullshit by todays standards.
    I respectfully disagree. The second one expanded significantly. Shame about the frame rate. I will admit that I haven't played it since it came out on N64, though. Perhaps it's not all I remember it to be. But if it was five bucks CDN I'd be right on it
    well i guess thats the problem laugh i played it last time in 2002 on my PC.... then i was like: oohhhh x box one version. great lets play it again.
    then: ohhh..... oooohhhhhhhhh...... ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh that game is sheit facepalmlaugh

why is it bad?
    endless backtracking in levels.
    ENDLESS levels

honestly, some levels are the size of a whole CoD game and you will see the same corridor over and over and over and over again. everything looks the same. repeating set pieces all over the place.

turok 1 aged great. still a nice shooter but turok 2... nooooo. thats from the bigger is better era. the levels are so big that you just get lost. awful.
  • NomstuffNomstuff664,615
    Posted on 16 January 20 at 09:17Permalink
    Lighted v said:
    Are the goat simulator dlcs easy achievements?
    It would seem that way, there's a walkthrough as well.
  • BorshajenBorshajen1,245,653
    Posted on 16 January 20 at 10:45, Edited on 16 January 20 at 13:19 by BorshajenPermalink
    Warning for the game "Shalnor Legends: Sacred Lands" that is on sale now, the last achievement worth 200 gs for getting all other achievements don´t unlock.

Saw that another player got the achievement on 14 Jan so maybe i have extremely bad luckangry
  • Lighted vLighted v145,522
    Posted on 16 January 20 at 13:17Permalink
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Looks like I'll buy Plagued, complete it and return and buy both FarCry 4/5 DLCs with the same moneylaugh
    How?
  • Posted on 16 January 20 at 14:25Permalink
    Lighted v said:
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Looks like I'll buy Plagued, complete it and return and buy both FarCry 4/5 DLCs with the same moneylaugh
    How?
    that game doesnt even existlaugh
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n533,569
    Posted on 16 January 20 at 15:43Permalink
    Lighted v said:
    Maxumilli0n said:
    How?
    Buy pre-owned plague tale, complete it, return it and use the same money to buy a $20 MS gift card
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.