Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

No Longer Discontinued Notification

• Pmalone6Pmalone6178,980
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 14:48Permalink
    Just recently there was a New Year's miracle in which a solution to
    Child of LightThrough the Looking GlassThe Through the Looking Glass achievement in Child of Light worth 36 pointsSend Oculi to a friend.
    was discovered years after being deemed unobtainable due to servers closing. I just happened to keep an eye on the forum as I played it recently which let me know about this discovery. TA also removed the "discontinued" flag from this achievement after a few members confirmed this new strategy.

I propose that if a game on your card has an achievement marked discontinued but that flag is removed you should receive either a private message or a notification from the new site. This will help to ensure you don't miss a new technique/update/etc. that could be discovered long after you've given up on the game having a solution.
  • JumboWarioJumboWario695,850
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 14:58Permalink
    I’m on mobile and I’m not sure where it is, but I get PMs whenever unobtainable/discontinued is added or removed from an achievement. It is a feature currently.
    Game On.
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 16:25, Edited on 14 January 20 at 16:33 by Pmalone6Permalink
    Perhaps it's a setting option, I'll poke around and see if that's the case. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: I found the toggle. If anyone else is curious, go to the menu in the top right, wrench icon, Site Settings, Notification Settings, Game Notifications, Obtainable Flag Change Notification.
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 19:49Permalink
    Good to know, however the achievement hasn't been unobtainable for years, just since Aug 2019. I actually didn't even know it was discontinued until someone mentioned in a thread a few days ago.
    Hola
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 20:28, Edited on 14 January 20 at 20:31 by A Dreadful ShotPermalink
    Pmalone6 said:
    Perhaps it's a setting option, I'll poke around and see if that's the case. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: I found the toggle. If anyone else is curious, go to the menu in the top right, wrench icon, Site Settings, Notification Settings, Game Notifications, Obtainable Flag Change Notification.
    Appreciate it, good to know this feature exists.

Edit: Turns out it’s a Pro only option. Strange choice from the developers.
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 22:42Permalink
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    Good to know, however the achievement hasn't been unobtainable for years, just since Aug 2019. I actually didn't even know it was discontinued until someone mentioned in a thread a few days ago.
    Fair point, I had started the game years ago and didn't touch it until recently for the Christmas Event and assumed the servers closed awhile ago. Regardless, love the community rallying together and finding a workaround.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.