Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Sam's favourite Xbox games of the decade

• kintariskintaris335,062
  • PURESSENCEPURESSENCE2,571,545
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 16:36
    Would agree with a lot of these games being great, apart from Minecraft and Gone Home. No Witcher 3? Each to their own!
    Too much work, not enough games
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 16:46, Edited on 14 January 20 at 16:47 by I8ITackyticsI8I
    Trollers gonna troll. Assassin's creed revelations and gone home ? No way. Gone home is nowhere near as good as Edith Finch in my opinion.
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 16:50
    Minecraft is a game I forgot about putting in my list. I think it's just because I believe it released on PC in 2009? Either way, amazing game! One of the only games I consistently went back to after getting all of the achievements on Xbox 360 and then the Xbox One edition.

Of course, my game of the decade has to go to non other than Sunset Overdrive, one of the most unique games to come out in an AAA generation full of re-skins and remakes. I haven't played a game quite as fun as this one in a long time.
  • EchelonSixEchelonSix1,168,757
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 16:51
    Such a casual gamer list laugh
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 16:52
    PURESSENCE said:
    Would agree with a lot of these games being great, apart from Minecraft and Gone Home. No Witcher 3? Each to their own!
    Witcher 3 is my decade pick for sure. But I'm happy to see New Vegas on here!
    If war never changes, then men must change, and so must their symbols. Even if it is nothing at all, know what you follow, Courier
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer2,377,672
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 16:53
    ugh AC: Revelations. Now that's a game I never want to play again. Definitely my least favourite of the series.
  • Har MiggidoHar Miggido1,691,149
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 16:55
    Your explanation for your choices makes it difficult to disagree with them.

Very well written. I shall keep an eye out for your posts from now on.
  • Vr EnglishVr English809,029
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 16:58
    Hellgate Aeon said:
    Such a casual gamer list laugh
    Nothing wrong with that though eh? Nice to see someone else hasn't played Witcher 3 as well.

Interesting to see Gone Home anywhere close to a top 10, I thought it was ok. I like Opinion pieces as they help you see the world from someone else's perspective... Or is that just because I'm happy you but New Vegas and Mass Effect 2 on there? One of the two.
  • Vulgar LatinVulgar Latin2,231,511
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 16:59
    Gerbasgamer said:
    ugh AC: Revelations. Now that's a game I never want to play again. Definitely my least favourite of the series.
    I mean to each their own but having redone the Ezio Trilogy recently, Revelations is the best of the 3. It's greatest sin is that it was a victim of being a yearly release. You could feel some of the fatigue at the time.

For my money, Assassin's Creed 3 is the worst. Colonial America is a cool time period but man there's nothing to climb. Climbing is a core part of the series in my opinion.
  • JullianGGJullianGG994,727
    At first I was like who the hell is Sam? laugh
    JuIIIian
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,142,718
    No Gears 3 to be found, list automatically disregarded.
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,440,878
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 17:09, Edited on 14 January 20 at 17:15 by MrZombieChicken
    laugh No seriously, c'mon. What's your 3rd favorite game of the decade?
    This space for rent.
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 17:16
    Good list, here's mine

ME2
    Skate 3
    Dark Souls
    Dishonored
    Witcher 3
    Titanfall 2
    Alan Wake
    New Vegas
    Inside
    Life is Strange
  • Noodles JrNoodles Jr1,337,796
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 17:17
    Absolutely hated Gone Home, was surprised to see that here. Minecraft is easily my game of the decade. You don't often see a game stay on the top of the gaming world for an entire decade. Not to mention it's a hell of a lot of fun
    If at first you don't succeed, lag switch.
  • KingyOwlKingyOwl608,747
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 17:20
    Good read, I like how the list is personal and doesn’t necessarily have the predictable titles in there. I wrote a blog of my top 10 late last year and similarly I expect many would disagree with my picks, but hey that’s what makes these lists personal!
    KingyOwl's blog post - KingyOwl's Top 10 Games of the Decade!
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 17:24
    Never understood the excessive love for New Vegas, this game was always just good for me, not even GOTY-material.
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 17:27
    I think only one of these would make my list but that’s why I find stuff like this interesting. Good stuff, Sam!
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn404,144
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 17:27
    Nice article, and good list - until we get to the top 3.
    It also isn't fair that we could only pick 5 😂
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan1,044,085
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 17:31
    Mass Effect 2 is an absolute masterpiece, it's really sad Bioware is totally lost now.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads