Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Sam's favourite Xbox games of the decade

• AlterPredAlterPred1,059,612
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 17:36
    I will never understand why people like gone home. It is a good example of a bad walking sim, you wander a house where literally nothing happens picking up notes that serve as a paper thin narrative. After finding five notes you already know where the story is going. I honestly believe its only relevant because of the LBGTQ storyline, but there are much much better ones out there with actual characters to grow attached to.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,096,573
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 17:48
    Your inclusion of Portal 2 angers me, not because I disagree, but because I agree and I wish I could vote for it in the TA Game of the Decade event, but since I played it on PC, I can't vote for it cry
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 17:50
    I was nodding and saying no issues I can understand the choice especially with Minecraft and ME2 till

WTF Celeste??

and also favorite toast
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 January 20 at 17:52
    Darksiders 2
    PES 2020
    WWE 2K14
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reboot
    NBA 2K14
    FIFA 12
    Forza 6
    2010 FIFA World Cup
    Gears 5
    Hitman 2
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 17:53
    That's it for my list – we'll be sharing Sean's and Heidi's thoughts in the coming days, as well as a roundup from our volunteer staff members
    Has Sean or Heidi even played 10 games this decade to complete a list?
  • CanezzaCanezza266,159
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 18:08, Edited on 14 January 20 at 18:09 by Canezza
    freedomgirl85 said:
    That's it for my list – we'll be sharing Sean's and Heidi's thoughts in the coming days, as well as a roundup from our volunteer staff members
    Has Sean or Heidi even played 10 games this decade to complete a list?
    I'm 30 this year and I'm going grey, so yes. laugh
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer2,498,927
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 18:13
    Vulgar Latin said:
    Gerbasgamer said:
    ugh AC: Revelations. Now that's a game I never want to play again. Definitely my least favourite of the series.
    I mean to each their own but having redone the Ezio Trilogy recently, Revelations is the best of the 3. It's greatest sin is that it was a victim of being a yearly release. You could feel some of the fatigue at the time.

For my money, Assassin's Creed 3 is the worst. Colonial America is a cool time period but man there's nothing to climb. Climbing is a core part of the series in my opinion.
    I would say that AC3, while disappointing in some aspects, is far far superior to Revelations.
    Graphics, core gameplay, variety and scope are improved by a lot. It also introduced naval warfare which has become the standard in AC games. It lacked a good main character though.

AC Revelations on the other hand had these terrible first person sections that gold old quickly.
    Story-wise it wasn't really good either. The main storyline was also the shortest in the series up to that point. Constantinople wasn't nearly as interesting as for example Rome, especially when you already had very similar cities in the first AC game.
  • JohnnyInterfnkJohnnyInterfnk1,289,238
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 18:24
    No Edith Finch eh?
  • KasugaSamaKasugaSama124,840
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 18:56
    Mass Effect remaster when

I agree with this list, though. No super out-there indies or hidden unique gems, just, pure good games.

Halo 3 ODST - Reach are on par for my favourite. ODST Soundtrack will always have a spot in my heart.

Mass Effect series has yet to be rivaled by any imo, it's still up there and will never lose its place.
    Genre Manager. TT Staff member primarily.
  • Rista BRista B904,505
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 19:00
    New Vegas and ME were definitely in my top five as well. Thanks for sharing.
    Rest in peace Ryan Hayward, a fellow gamer taken too soon.
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 19:04
    Interesting, my top 10 would have none of these. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood would be on mine tho.
  • deadraquedeadraque97,125
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 19:07
    For me it would have to be :

Mass effect 2
    Assassin's Creed Origins
    The Hunter Call of the Wild
    Ghost Recon Wildlands
    Watchdogs
    Dead Space 2

and best Indies :
    Cargo Commander
    Sky Force Reloaded
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,485,992
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 19:26
    JohnnyInterfnk said:
    No Edith Finch eh?
    Good call. I don't see how Gone Home is anywhere near as good as Edith Finch.
    This space for rent.
  • coloradojackcoloradojack518,857
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 19:32
    Very interesting and personal list. Alan Wake was the best experience for me.
  • KasugaSamaKasugaSama124,840
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 19:36
    MrZombieChicken said:
    JohnnyInterfnk said:
    No Edith Finch eh?
    Good call. I don't see how Gone Home is anywhere near as good as Edith Finch.
    It's Sam's favourite games, not yours, to be fair.
    Genre Manager. TT Staff member primarily.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 January 20 at 20:17, Edited on 14 January 20 at 20:18 by
    Gone Home ist one of If Not the wirst "Game" i ever played.
  • ShadyShallShadyShall594,467
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 20:21, Edited on 14 January 20 at 20:21 by ShadyShall
    I started playing Assassin's Creed literally last year... well, like late 2018. I played through a TON of the titles at once. I never did do Black Flag because i wanted to avoid the multiplayer... also didn't play Unity and have not dived into the new trilogy yet... but of all the ones i did play, honesty, i had the most fun with Syndicate. i liked 1880s London and the two characters. One of the Ezio's would be runner up. I remember Revelations glitching on me a bit... maybe Brotherhood was my preference. I don't remember.

either way, nice to see two of them in your list. i have to get to Mass Effect 2 one of these days...
    [url=http://www.trueachievements.com/ShadyShall.htm][img]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/ShadyShall.png[/img][/url]
  • EthigyEthigy1,371,607
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 20:23
    Some good choices but you’re missing Dark Souls.

coloradojack said:
    Very interesting and personal list. Alan Wake was the best experience for me.
    Agreed, Alan Wake was a great game.
  • XBox Assassin83XBox Assassin831,027,180
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 20:29, Edited on 14 January 20 at 20:38 by XBox Assassin83
    1. Gears 3

2. Dead Space 2

3. Borderlands 2

4. Assassins Creed: Black Flag

5. Hitman

Best DLC: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep BL2

Proudest Achievements

Hard to the Core : DS2

Seriously 3.0 GOW3

Best ID@Xbox.com Game

Rocket League
  • pukem0nnpukem0nn346,892
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 20:41, Edited on 14 January 20 at 20:41 by pukem0nn
    i can respect those personal picks

what i don't get is all those people whining because their precious game isn't on someone elses list. get a grip, people.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads