Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Sean's favourite Xbox games of the decade

• CanezzaCanezza220,643
  • Posted on 17 January 20 at 20:50
    Very nice list of games. I agree with LIS being probably the most controversial on the list, seems like it’s a real hit or miss game. What I like best about your list is it’s a pretty wide range. You’ve got battle royale game, racing, lots of open world, stealth, roguelite, point and click.
  • Iggsy81Iggsy81595,591
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 20:51
    I think my list would be full of indies tbh like Child of Light, Inside, Limbo, Wandersong (i know that was on the other one) etc.
  • tuhin94tuhin94625,860
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 21:00, Edited on 17 January 20 at 21:01 by tuhin94
    ... and that song kicked in when Chloe Max was walking the halls of Blackwell Academy.
    Glad to see LIS here as it's one of my favorite games/stories of all time.
    Regards, Tuhin
  • CanezzaCanezza220,643
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 21:06
    tuhin94 said:
    ... and that song kicked in when Chloe Max was walking the halls of Blackwell Academy.
    Ah, laugh cheers, Tuhin. I originally wrote something about Chloe and swapped it out for Max but left Chloe's name in facepalm
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • Pmalone6Pmalone6410,302
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 21:08
    Great list! I hadn't heard much about The Long Dark but after reading this and then Sashamorning's review for it, it quickly found its way to my Wish List.
  • tuhin94tuhin94625,860
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 21:09
    Canezza said:
    tuhin94 said:
    Ah, laugh cheers, Tuhin. I originally wrote something about Chloe and swapped it out for Max but left Chloe's name in facepalm
    For sure toast
    Regards, Tuhin
  • Posted on 17 January 20 at 21:11
    No surprises I even guessed Long Dark ..................other than completely wrong about number 10 wave
  • AlterPredAlterPred928,959
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 21:20
    It is because Life is Strange was so good that I really hated Life is Strange 2. It completely missed the mark and really did not have any likeable characters unfortunately.
  • CanezzaCanezza220,643
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 21:22
    AlterPred said:
    It is because Life is Strange was so good that I really hated Life is Strange 2. It completely missed the mark and really did not have any likeable characters unfortunately.
    I've heard the same. I'm still yet to play it for that very reason. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually.
  • PSYCHADELICACEPSYCHADELICACE1,116,034
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 21:22
    life is strange doesnt deserve to be in any best game list, its basically tumblr: the game
  • XwolfanXXwolfanX848,956
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 21:32
    Fh4 is garbage
    hooo bhu huuu, first world problems....... her in Mexico almost ALL DAYS WE WORK 12+ hr. 340 days per year...
  • AlterPredAlterPred928,959
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 21:35
    Canezza said:
    AlterPred said:
    I've heard the same. I'm still yet to play it for that very reason. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually.
    It was mostly political commentary about US/Mexico immigration issues. In the original when Chloe would do something foolish or act immature it ended up being endearing, whereas I just wanted to slap the younger brother for being a brat laugh
  • JullianGGJullianGG996,558
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 21:55
    People Sure Love The Witcher 3
    JuIIIian
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7556,566
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 22:34
    Probably the most controversial game on my list.
    Life is Strange is undeniably awesome. As for "most controversial," it depends on who you talk to. Either way, nice list. toast
  • HamsterLVHamsterLV2,286,351
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 22:44
    Life is Strange not only made your top ten but is in 2nd place!? WOW! To each his own and all that, but wow! I for one thought it was boring and stupid and this game could only make my top 3000 even though I have played only 500 games.
  • GREGO McGEEGREGO McGEE3,603,008
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 22:49, Edited on 17 January 20 at 22:50 by GREGO McGEE
    Life is Strange was great... but have to give the comparable nod to Walking Dead. It aced the story as well, if not better than, LiS and paved the way for all modern day choice based point & clicks years before LiS came out.
  • SquidCzySquidCzy734,640
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 22:50
    PSYCHADELICACE said:
    life is strange doesnt deserve to be in any best game list, its basically tumblr: the game
    I agree
  • CanezzaCanezza220,643
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 22:50
    GREGO McGEE said:
    Life is Strange was great... but have to give the comparable nod to Walking Dead. It aced the story as well, if not better than LiS and paved the way for all modern day choice based point & clicks years before LiS came out.
    I completely agree. The Walking Dead just missed out on my top ten. It was super close. Fantastic game.
  • CanezzaCanezza220,643
    Posted on 17 January 20 at 22:52
    PSYCHADELICACE said:
    That's absolutely fine that you think that. toast It just so happens that I like Tumblr the game. Different strokes for different folks, there are no right or wrong answers here. smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.