Game Discussion: Wordament (Android)

Achievements still possible!

• KujiGhostKujiGhost210,500
    Posted on 18 January 20 at 06:26Permalink
    Just a quick PSA to say that this version of Wordament is STILL active and possible to unlock achievements on in 2020!

I managed to unlock all my remaining achievements yesterday (January 17th 2020), although I ended up having to play 115 games in total to unlock the 'play 100 rounds' achievement.

The only caveat is that this version of the game is no longer available through the Play Store. The good news, however, is that it can still be found here:

https://www.apkmonk.com/app/com.microsoft.wordament/

Make sure to download/install the June 2015 version (the earliest version) and you should be golden.

Good luck to you all!
  • Oaawara2Oaawara2254,123
    Posted on 21 January 20 at 16:09, Edited on 21 January 20 at 16:09 by Oaawara2Permalink
    For some reason achievements are not unlocking
    Posted on 23 January 20 at 13:23Permalink
    Oaawara2 said:
    For some reason achievements are not unlocking
    Which achievements are you having trouble with? I managed to unlock Autobiographical, Sore Fingers, and Beat your Frenemies last week.
  • Oaawara2Oaawara2254,123
    Posted on 24 January 20 at 01:16Permalink
    None unlocked
  • ChooseMyFateChooseMyFate339,172
    Posted on 24 January 20 at 05:20Permalink
    Thanks for the info. I'm gonna try this tomorrow!
    -CMF
  • LuentrixLuentrix217,980
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 17:00, Edited on 28 January 20 at 17:10 by LuentrixPermalink
    Tried the 10 rounds and find words with all tiles and none unlocked
    Posted on 31 January 20 at 11:35Permalink
    I'm sorry to hear people are having trouble unlocking these. I don't understand how I was able to. May be worthwhile uninstalling and re-installing, perhaps?
  • AvoidsAvoids471,209
    Posted on 18 February 20 at 19:34Permalink
    KujiGhost said:
    Just a quick PSA to say that this version of Wordament is STILL active and possible to unlock achievements on in 2020!

I managed to unlock all my remaining achievements yesterday (January 17th 2020), although I ended up having to play 115 games in total to unlock the 'play 100 rounds' achievement.

The only caveat is that this version of the game is no longer available through the Play Store. The good news, however, is that it can still be found here:

https://www.apkmonk.com/app/com.microsoft.wordament/

Make sure to download/install the June 2015 version (the earliest version) and you should be golden.

Good luck to you all!
    Couple of questions. Did you use an android device? or an emulator?

I have it working on an emulator but the achievements are not unlocking. Looking for some general direction.
    Posted on 18 February 20 at 20:11, Edited on 18 February 20 at 20:12 by KujiGhostPermalink
    Avoids said:

I have it working on an emulator but the achievements are not unlocking. Looking for some general direction.
    I used a OnePlus 5T Android phone running OxygenOS 9.0.10.

I also used the oldest version of the app on the site I linked above. Achievements definitely unlocked for me, although it took over 110 matches to unlock the 100 match achievement.
  • AvoidsAvoids471,209
    Posted on 18 February 20 at 21:00Permalink
    KujiGhost said:
    Avoids said:

I used a OnePlus 5T Android phone running OxygenOS 9.0.10.

I also used the oldest version of the app on the site I linked above. Achievements definitely unlocked for me, although it took over 110 matches to unlock the 100 match achievement.
    I tried playing Via emulator and the achievements were not unlocking. Do you know if there was a delay to them unlocking?

I was able to get the game running with no issues. Several times I was top 50%, shockingly enough there are hundreds of people playing this game right now under english.
    Posted on 18 February 20 at 21:17Permalink
    Avoids said:
    I tried playing Via emulator and the achievements were not unlocking. Do you know if there was a delay to them unlocking?

I was able to get the game running with no issues. Several times I was top 50%, shockingly enough there are hundreds of people playing this game right now under english.
    Yeah, lots of people still playing! I believe the only achievement that didn't pop straight away was Beat Your Frenemies. Maybe had to reinstall for that to pop.
  • AvoidsAvoids471,209
    Posted yesterday at 22:49Permalink
    KujiGhost said:
    Avoids said:

Yeah, lots of people still playing! I believe the only achievement that didn't pop straight away was Beat Your Frenemies. Maybe had to reinstall for that to pop.
    Hey I am sorry for bothering you even more, but any other tips you can give me? I cannt get the longest word in a round to unlock or the above 50% to unlock. I know for sure I have scored both of these achievements.

I am using an older android tablet, the game is working and I am logged into the game.

I am at about 50 matches. Did the achievements have delays at all?
    Posted today at 09:36Permalink
    Avoids said:
    Hey I am sorry for bothering you even more, but any other tips you can give me? I cannt get the longest word in a round to unlock or the above 50% to unlock. I know for sure I have scored both of these achievements.

I am using an older android tablet, the game is working and I am logged into the game.

No bother at all!

Actually, I think the "Autobiographical" achievement was delayed for me too now that you mention it. I remember uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times thinking it might be that. All I can suggest is that you try that and use an online Wordament helper to make sure you're hitting the longest words each round.
  • AvoidsAvoids471,209
    Posted today at 12:25Permalink
    KujiGhost said:
    Avoids said:

No bother at all!

Actually, I think the "Autobiographical" achievement was delayed for me too now that you mention it. I remember uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times thinking it might be that. All I can suggest is that you try that and use an online Wordament helper to make sure you're hitting the longest words each round.
    I will try that thanks! I am trying to find an android phone but I have not owned one in years. I will keep you posted!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.