The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: 30 quick completions including the super-fast Rememoried are on sale

• EazyE2285EazyE2285973,275
    Posted on 21 January 20 at 23:13, Edited on 21 January 20 at 23:13 by EazyE2285
    Jeremy Saunders said:
    Played Storm Boy with my 6yo and she loved it to bits. Really nice little game for small people, and really lovely animation and tone.
    Might want to get your 6yo checked out.
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    /joke
  • Noodles JrNoodles Jr1,333,581
    Posted on 22 January 20 at 00:03
    Have completed all but three of these, will be definitely picking them up rock
    If at first you don't succeed, lag switch.
  • Pedle ZelnipPedle Zelnip1,033,228
    Posted on 22 January 20 at 05:49
    If you haven't played any of these yet, they are all great games (IIRC both are game pass games though):

What Remains of Edith Finch
    Old Man's Journey

These are ones that I'd say are worth playing independent of the easy GS, as they're good (not great) games:

Black The Fall
    The Gardens Between

These I've played, but really don't remember (maybe that's a quality indicator, dunno):

Mr. Pumpkin Adventure
    Beyond Eyes
    The Little Acre
    Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space
    Coffin Dodgers
    Posted on 22 January 20 at 06:35
    Beware the train achievement in old mans journey. If you have a windows 10 pc with mouse it's easier to do but it makes an otherwise fun and interesting game a headache because of the design
  • CanezzaCanezza268,226
    Posted on 22 January 20 at 11:24
    EazyE2285 said:
    Beware the train achievement in old mans journey. If you have a windows 10 pc with mouse it's easier to do but it makes an otherwise fun and interesting game a headache because of the design
    100% This. I tried for ages with a controller and couldn't get it. Jumped on PC and did it first try.
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • Maw N PawMaw N Paw1,560,627
    Posted on 22 January 20 at 12:13
    Canezza said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    100% This. I tried for ages with a controller and couldn't get it. Jumped on PC and did it first try.
    I actually got to this point on the One, then switched over to the laptop and mouse and did this achievement and then switched back to the One for the remainder of the game. This achievement alone was frustrating.
    There is always a way.
  • The Manic MooseThe Manic Moose1,165,765
    Posted on 22 January 20 at 17:02
    I've just activated a £5 credit from the bing points which is nice!

Any recommendations on the above? Something that is fairly enjoyable or multiple? I don't mind spending my own money on top.
  • Posted on 22 January 20 at 17:25
    The Manic Moose said:

Any recommendations on the above? Something that is fairly enjoyable or multiple? I don't mind spending my own money on top.
    Of the eight or so I have played, What Remains of Edith Finch is by far the most enjoyable. Great to see such a long list this week!
    Gordon Bennett (yeah, that's my real name [some older Brits would understand that])
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,107,751
    Posted on 22 January 20 at 17:38
    The Manic Moose said:

My top 3 of those 30 games:
    Black The Fall
    What Remains of Edith Finch
    The Gardens Between

The last two are already in Game Pass though, if you have it.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
    Posted on 22 January 20 at 18:53
    Maw N Paw said:
    Canezza said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    I actually got to this point on the One, then switched over to the laptop and mouse and did this achievement and then switched back to the One for the remainder of the game. This achievement alone was frustrating.
    I finally just wrapped it up with the mouse yesterday but it was a 14 year old pc and a decade old wireless mouse on a 40 inch screen. The lag on my setup seemed to haunt me. I'd always wind up pulling the first section then somehow grabbing the third one in that section of five or so in a row. Then once made it all the way and never heard a screech but apparently triggered enough braking because the achievement never popped. It wound taking about 20 tries even with the mouse. Enjoyed the unique idea but that was just terrible
    Posted on 22 January 20 at 18:56, Edited on 22 January 20 at 18:58 by Shinnizle
    EazyE2285 said:
    I finally just wrapped it up with the mouse yesterday but it was a 14 year old pc and a decade old wireless mouse on a 40 inch screen. The lag on my setup seemed to haunt me. I'd always wind up pulling the first section then somehow grabbing the third one in that section of five or so in a row. Then once made it all the way and never heard a screech but apparently triggered enough braking because the achievement never popped. It wound taking about 20 tries even with the mouse. Enjoyed the unique idea but that was just terrible
    That part wasn't so bad for me. Sure, it took a little while to get with a controller, but no more than 6 or 7 tries. It's just slightly irritating to have to restart the whole thing every time.

I was more annoyed that the game wasn't as good as I hoped. It gave me some Brothers or Gardens Between vibes, but it was pretty lackluster in my opinion.
    Posted on 22 January 20 at 19:08
    Shinnizle said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    That part wasn't so bad for me. Sure, it took a little while to get with a controller, but no more than 6 or 7 tries. It's just slightly irritating to have to restart the whole thing every time.

I was more annoyed that the game wasn't as good as I hoped. It gave me some Brothers or Gardens Between vibes, but it was pretty lackluster in my opinion.
    I'm still unsure if I 100% get the story. He abandoned his family to sail his boat and his daughter/son sent him word his wife was dying to he walked all the way home?
    Posted on 22 January 20 at 19:14
    Your guess is better than mine laugh
  • Posted on 22 January 20 at 22:08, Edited on 22 January 20 at 22:08 by Krows Graveyard
    That's about right from my POV. Also, I recommend Noir Chronicles, just saying. wink
    If you're reading this, you aren't hunting Achievements.
  • Throni360Throni3602,578,834
    Posted on 23 January 20 at 00:22
    Scalextric is even worse than Trax.

No lap counter, no menu, endless loading screen after almost every race.
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,994,331
    Posted on 23 January 20 at 00:37
    Throni360 said:

It's the same game...
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • Throni360Throni3602,578,834
    Posted on 23 January 20 at 01:00, Edited on 23 January 20 at 01:01 by Throni360
    Sashamorning said:
    Throni360 said:

It's the same game...
    Trax is the better version (which means nothing in this case). You played both games too. You should've noticed it.

no menu = no way to restart or quit the race, except guide button
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,994,331
    Posted on 23 January 20 at 06:10
    Throni360 said:
    Sashamorning said:
    Throni360 said:

It's the same game...
    Trax is the better version (which means nothing in this case). You played both games too. You should've noticed it.

no menu = no way to restart or quit the race, except guide button
    I don't think I played then back to back. They were both so bad I just didn't notice.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • Osmo76Osmo761,723,356
    Posted on 23 January 20 at 15:29
    Shinnizle said:
    EazyE2285 said:

I agree both on the exaggerated difficulty and the overrated story. Wasn't really annoyed though, easy 1000 G from GP. toast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads