Bug Reports

Found something that doesn't work right? Let us know and we'll fix it

compare games with other players

• Boernie247Boernie247351,203
    Posted on 26 January 20 at 17:57Permalink
    Hi,
    the gamer comparison does no longer work for me as it used to do.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if this can be changed in the settings.
    I already created a thread for this.
    Please see the link below.

Compare games
  • halohogghalohogg98,628
    Posted on 27 January 20 at 18:18Permalink
    This feature works as advertised for me on PC website. It may be different on the mobile site?
  • CartooniteCartoonite398,960
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 01:42, Edited on 28 January 20 at 01:56 by CartoonitePermalink
    I experience the same broken behaviour described in Boernie247's thread in the other forum: the compare games page appears to list every game on the site instead of only games at least 1 of the 2 gamers has played. The games are listed in reverse lexicographical order starting with Zumba Kids Achievements and ending with "ZAZEN", zen meditation game Achievements.

I see the same behaviour regardless of whether I have Desktop mode toggled on or off so I'm not why it would be working normally for halohogg.

EDIT: The Hide completed games and Only show games both have checkboxes both seem to behave properly.
  • Tatl360Tatl360237,939
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 14:34Permalink
    It's impossible to compare unless is only about the games that both players have.
  • CartooniteCartoonite398,960
  • halohogghalohogg98,628
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 16:35Permalink
    You definitely have to use the two radio button filters.
  • Tatl360Tatl360237,939
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 03:26Permalink
    halohogg said:
    You definitely have to use the two radio button filters.
    Can you explain what are you doing?

If I click in your gamertag, then click on the 3 dots menu, then click compare games there's the Gamer Comparison page.
    There are 6 clickable things, the dropdown showing my friends, 2 checkboxes saying "Hide completed games" and "Only show games both have".
    Then in Sort there are the other 3 things, sort by Game, by My TA and by your TA.
    There is no other option. There is no way to hide the games we DON'T HAVE. To compare the games we played but the other person didn't.
    Why it starts with Zumba? I've never seen this before.
  • halohogghalohogg98,628
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 05:21Permalink
    Exactly as you have done. Click on the button near “Games we both have.” The list should be now filtered to the games that are comparable between the two gamers.
  • Tatl360Tatl360237,939
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 12:04Permalink
    halohogg said:
    Exactly as you have done. Click on the button near “Games we both have.” The list should be now filtered to the games that are comparable between the two gamers.
    There is no button. There is 1 dropwdown and 2 checkboxes.

Or are you really meaning that everyone want to compare the games both players have?
    We already know that this option works.

We want to compare games that each player have, like it was before, not all the games of the Xbox database.
    Right now we have a huge list starting with Zumba and ending with this symbol ".
    There are also some [Demo] and some [Unreleased] in the list.
    You have 0 achievements in [Demo]. Me too. We shouldn't be seeing this game and many others don't you think?
  • halohogghalohogg98,628
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 14:22Permalink
    You right - It doesn't function as it did. Maybe they were thinking as I do that all the games you have and the other guy doesn't is no comparison - you're winning. wink
    Alternatively - sort each other's full list by TA and see the blanks.
  • Tatl360Tatl360237,939
    Posted on 31 January 20 at 16:46, Edited on 31 January 20 at 16:47 by Tatl360Permalink
    ^ The list also showed the games that the other person have and you don't. I don't understand why you only see from one side.

As it is now it's useless. It is obviously a bug.
    No one would decide to make the page load the full list of games.
    Clicking on these sort buttons take a while to load.
    And scrolling a huge list makes it pretty useless to compare.

The other way was a good comparison list. It showed for example what games the other person played from a series.
    Now we can't even sort by letter.
  • Tatl360Tatl360237,939
    Posted on 14 February 20 at 18:32Permalink
    Is this going to be fixed or is this intended?

It's impossible to use as a comparison list.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.