Game Discussion: Microsoft Sudoku

Changing date leading to progress loss

• aqzmanaqzman459,418
    Posted on 27 January 20 at 18:32, Edited on 27 January 20 at 18:33 by aqzmanPermalink
    Just a question/word of warning to everyone playing this game.

I had 4 or 5 bronze/silver/gold medals unlocked by changing my phone's date and doing challenges for previous months, when I set my phone back to the current date I lost all progress, including my level. Thankfully I had already unlocked the level 250 and 500 solved puzzles achievements, so it wasn't a huge loss.

The tracker within the sudoku app is back to 0 medals unlocked (but correctly shows unlocked achievements), but the tracking in the Xbox app seems to not have reset. Just wondering, has this happened to anyone else? Did I screw something up how I changed the dates?
  • AhayzoAhayzo777,541
    Posted on 27 January 20 at 18:47Permalink
    This happened to me as well, my progress bars were always bouncing up and down at random when I was date changing. Everything unlocked exactly when it was supposed to.
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • Posted on 28 February 20 at 18:36Permalink
    I didn't change anything and my progress was lost after I first exited the game.
  • AhayzoAhayzo777,541
    Posted on 28 February 20 at 20:56Permalink
    I wouldn't worry about it, it should self correct
  • Emily2037Emily2037225,239
    Posted on 01 March 20 at 19:56Permalink
    I've had the same problem, progress reset without changing date. Have logged out and reinstalled but progress still hasn't come back in a day, does anyone have any idea of how long this takes to correct itself? Don't really want to spend much more time on it if progress resets randomly! Thanks :)
  • AhayzoAhayzo777,541
    Posted on 01 March 20 at 20:12, Edited on 01 March 20 at 20:12 by AhayzoPermalink
    Sometimes it corrected itself in a matter of minutes, sometimes it was off for a couple days, sometimes it was off until an achievement (including the one that was incorrectly showing but being tracked correctly on the backend) was unlocked.

I recommend just keep playing. It should still track correctly, even if the achievement list says otherwise.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw303,164
    Posted on 06 April 20 at 03:47Permalink
    I'm getting a new error message in the most recent update if I change date. "Your app is out of sync."
    It then re-syncs and you lose the entire month's progress. I won't be changing the date again. Only lost 6 days (twice). Only need a few months now anyway.
  • neeker75neeker751,068,485
    Posted on 11 May 20 at 01:04Permalink
    I've changed the date for the game, and have completed it with no issues.

The achievement tracker within the game is out of sync most of the times. To make it sync, simply load a daily challenge. You don't need to complete it. Exit the challenge, and the achievement tracker should sync.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.