The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: January 28th, 2020

• buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,112,780
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 02:51Permalink
    SniffinRails said:
    Is that Horse Racing game as bad as it sounds?
    Yes.

Easy completion but at what cost to your dignity? I went "appearing offline" when I did so.
    Also you need to be able to mash a single button rapidly for a sustained period so it's slightly taxing on the hands. Really not worth it unless you want 1000 GS pretty badly.
    Always number 2.
  • sammy applessammy apples146,775
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 03:38Permalink
    Anyone played Titan Quest recently? I know it was marred with bugs when it came out in 2018, but does anyone know if its been optimised? I'm tempted at $7.50
  • wildwest08wildwest08872,888
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 04:02Permalink
    EazyE2285 said:
    Opened every game under $5 and Seasons After Fall looks like the one with a short completion that I'd actually enjoy so one game for me this week after 13 last week. Wallet says thanks Microsoft
    Not a bad game. I finished it a couple weeks ago. Good platformer with the right amount of story length
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285318,620
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 04:39Permalink
    EazyE2285 said:
    Opened every game under $5 and Seasons After Fall looks like the one with a short completion that I'd actually enjoy so one game for me this week after 13 last week. Wallet says thanks Microsoft
    ScoobyDoobyD0nt said:
    Honestly? i haven't been able to finish it because i found it so boring for some reason. visually its very nice but i just really have a hard time staying into the game long enough to finish it. The WT is also really well done too, i have no real reason for not being done yet
    wildwest08 said:
    Not a bad game. I finished it a couple weeks ago. Good platformer with the right amount of story length
    Hmmm maybe I'll take another look or watch some gameplay. Haven't bought it yet but at the price will probably just go for it
  • haugse23haugse2394,610
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 04:50Permalink
    Gonna have to pick up WRC 5 at that price.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285318,620
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 04:53Permalink
    SniffinRails said:
    Is that Horse Racing game as bad as it sounds?
    It was my sports game of the decade!!!!!

Only to take the piss out of the genre choices and because I had like 3 other choices
  • HaZheR MxHaZheR Mx263,147
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 05:24Permalink
    warning
  • Posted on 28 January 20 at 06:04Permalink
    Any thoughts on JackQuest or Stunt Kite Party?
    Matthew
  • Posted on 28 January 20 at 06:09Permalink
    ZOMG WRECKFEST IS ON SALE AFTER FREE WEEKEND!!!

*sees price*

Oh, it's the same sale price as the previous sales. Never mind.
    If users on this site searched before posting, the forums would be a much better place.
  • Posted on 28 January 20 at 07:07Permalink
    Horse Racing 2016 sucked out my soul more than any game has ever done, and I've played through a ton of crap. Hands down the worst game that has ever touched the Microsoft Store. It ain't worth it, save yourself.
  • BorshajenBorshajen1,408,814
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 08:37Permalink
    DaMurn said:
    Anyone have opinions on Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom? Seems to always be on sale and been contemplating picking it up
    I really liked it, great music and many secrets /puzzles.

The combat system is a little different but good imo.

Pretty long game if you explore everything.
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x1,038,910
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 08:40Permalink
    sammy apples said:
    Anyone played Titan Quest recently? I know it was marred with bugs when it came out in 2018, but does anyone know if its been optimised? I'm tempted at $7.50
    It's awesome! The bus have been ironed out, but make sure you unlock the frame rate in the options.
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • Posted on 28 January 20 at 08:46Permalink
    Anyone else notice ACA Neo Geo games haven't been on sale so far this year? I wonder if they had a year on a contract on those sale prices and it's over? Pretty much all of them really boosted my GS. I know they never really went on sale on the Playstation for like ever, so it was good that we at least got some of them to come down throughout the last year!
  • MotorexGTR32MotorexGTR32305,477
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 11:14Permalink
    x Mataeus x said:
    sammy apples said:
    It's awesome! The bus have been ironed out, but make sure you unlock the frame rate in the options.
    I was gonna ask the same thing but SammyApples best me to it.

What do you mean by unlock the frame rate in the options? What’s the significance of it? I did played it once 2 years ago by my guest account to see if I like it which I did but the achievement is so delayed that it took all night to unlocked 15 kills related achievement while had 30 or 50 kills achievement unlocked. So I’m afraid of not able to complete 1k Titan Quest due of buggy achievements.
  • Posted on 28 January 20 at 12:01Permalink
    Onward to the spring sale. On the bright side im catching up with my backlog between no worth while new games and nothing of note sales.
    Gamer for life Fan of games not plastic boxs
  • Linkx41Linkx4165,736
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 12:26Permalink
    There are several more games in the Windows sale....
    Hooray for Windows 10!
  • Posted on 28 January 20 at 12:40Permalink
    Opinions on Darksiders 3? I'm thinking of picking up the complete edition and going through the trilogy before Genesis comes out.
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
  • EYEHUNTER 42EYEHUNTER 42560,751
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 13:32Permalink
    I recommend Mordheim: City of the Damned
  • Guirec730Guirec730322,867
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 14:46Permalink
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    Opinions on Darksiders 3? I'm thinking of picking up the complete edition and going through the trilogy before Genesis comes out.
    You will save a few bucks by buying the base game and DLC separately on this sale.

I haven't played it, though. Still have the 2nd and all DLC unplayed in the backlog. I heard that part 3 is very "Dark Souls" in gameplay style...so that might not be for everyone.
    State of the badass art.
  • MehanizamMehanizam262,462
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 15:21Permalink
    sammy apples said:
    While the game is fun,i still experience a bug where when i fiddle with things in my bag,the game freezes(not the Xbox,just the game) and i have to dashboard and lose progress when i load my save file.
    My advice to you,save every 5 mins as you will reload often
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.