The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: January 28th, 2020

  • A BatwomanA Batwoman854,742
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 07:18, Edited on 28 January 20 at 07:18 by A Batwoman
    I was having fun on Arcania but the last achievement has been locked for years.

    Reminded me of Obsidian.
    Youtube.com/TheBeauxty
  • Posted on 28 January 20 at 08:01
    Sine Mora for me
    Frenchy Wardaddy
  • Posted on 28 January 20 at 08:30
    Painkiller DLC would've been nice
    Estranged
  • ShootZombiesShootZombies275,082
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 08:56
    360 needs a major DLC sale!!! I have most if not all the 360 games I'm ever gonna own but the DLC I don't, often when I look up the DLC price it's more than I paid for the game itself.
    Major DLC sale please Mr Xbox.

    Thank you.
  • Otouto72Otouto721,373,125
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 09:23
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    finallife6 said:
    The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

    Too the person who said this game is great, it drags on like 10 hours too long and the story isn't even that good its alright but its almost 20 hours long.
    Haha, agreed. Whoever stacks this you are a stronger person than me.
    I have and I'm scarred for life. Oddly, I enjoyed it when I played the 360 version, but the One version I really could not be bothered with but only did so cause it was on Game Pass.
  • LeXXuzLeXXuz806,814
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 12:29
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    finallife6 said:
    The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

    Too the person who said this game is great, it drags on like 10 hours too long and the story isn't even that good its alright but its almost 20 hours long.
    Haha, agreed. Whoever stacks this you are a stronger person than me.
    Completed and really enjoyed this. Twice. music
  • Posted on 28 January 20 at 12:38
    Makes me wish the backwards compatibility program never stopped. Alien Breed series was pretty fun for an XBLA title.
  • III JMcH IIIIII JMcH III1,513,292
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 13:33
    Although it has 3 unobtainables, Frontlines for me.
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG170,093
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 14:19
    Still annoyed I bought 'The Outfit' months ago. It was one of my favourite games from the 360 era, but you can't apparently play it using a HDMI cable. I wish I could.
  • Tatl360Tatl360333,899
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 14:30
    Very good sale!

    A lot of digital only non backwards compatible games. Just for the 360.
  • ElBlaze2010ElBlaze2010206,388
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 14:57, Edited on 28 January 20 at 14:58 by ElBlaze2010
    ShootZombies said:
    360 needs a major DLC sale!!! I have most if not all the 360 games I'm ever gonna own but the DLC I don't, often when I look up the DLC price it's more than I paid for the game itself.
    Major DLC sale please Mr Xbox.

    Thank you.
    Basically THIS.

    I just caved and finally spent £11.00 GBP on both of the Saints Row 2 DLCs, I had needed them for +10 years now and figured they were never going on sale. And you are absolutely right - the whole game can be bought on the marketplace for £9.00 GBP!

    I have the same problem with Tomb Raider Legend, I refuse to buy the DLC at full price as it's basically just Tomb Raider Anniversary for £12 yet I can buy the whole game with 1000GS for way less than this, but I may have to cave as it just never seems to go on sale!
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007160,456
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 15:06, Edited on 28 January 20 at 15:09 by FireDrake007
    TheRyanGillam said:
    Still annoyed I bought 'The Outfit' months ago. It was one of my favourite games from the 360 era, but you can't apparently play it using a HDMI cable. I wish I could.
    I was planning on buying the game. I didn't know that. Thanks for mentioning that although apparently you could start with an analogue connection and then use the HDMI afterwards.

    50Hz PAL, 60Hz PAL, big-screen HDMI goodness..

    I still have the original AV cables that came with the Xbox 360 though but I haven't used it for ages though relying on the superior resolution and performance of HDMI instead.

    You can also use an S video cable if you have one.
  • halohogghalohogg115,012
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 15:18
    Mx Series and Stuntman Ignition are good. The rest seem like junk.
  • arty1977arty1977124,788
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 16:32
    ElBlaze2010 said:
    I just caved and finally spent £11.00 GBP on both of the Saints Row 2 DLCs, I had needed them for +10 years now and figured they were never going on sale. And you are absolutely right - the whole game can be bought on the marketplace for £9.00 GBP!
    you let them win :( :)
  • arty1977arty1977124,788
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 16:36
    FireDrake007 said:
    TheRyanGillam said:
    Still annoyed I bought 'The Outfit' months ago. It was one of my favourite games from the 360 era, but you can't apparently play it using a HDMI cable. I wish I could.
    I was planning on buying the game. I didn't know that. Thanks for mentioning that although apparently you could start with an analogue connection and then use the HDMI afterwards.

    50Hz PAL, 60Hz PAL, big-screen HDMI goodness..

    I still have the original AV cables that came with the Xbox 360 though but I haven't used it for ages though relying on the superior resolution and performance of HDMI instead.

    You can also use an S video cable if you have one.
    you mean looking for 50hz I guess as hdmi is 60hz by default... but could switch to 50 if required.

    I guess outfit does not request 50hz :( ms should have implemented auto req for this title...
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB877,578
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 18:41
    finallife6 said:
    The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

    Too the person who said this game is great, it drags on like 10 hours too long and the story isn't even that good its alright but its almost 20 hours long.
    Yeah, played it for 360 and it starts out ok but drags on too long. FYI, If you have an Xbox One and Game Pass, the X1 version is available on Game Pass. You could try it out there then decide if you wanted to stack the 360 version I suppose.
    Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007160,456
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 19:32, Edited on 28 January 20 at 19:36 by FireDrake007
    GT3OptionFan said:
    After looking through these prices, not such a great sale. Almost 80% or so are higher than usual sales prices.

    Games at usual sales prices:
    - Alien Breed Episodes 1-3
    - Bound by Flame
    - GTA V
    - Mars War Logs

    EVERYTHING else is higher than it is when it usually goes on sale.
    Of the 4 games on the weekly list I am interested in and don't have yet, it seems only Bound by Flame is the only one you listed as games at an all time low on Xbox, so I will probably just get that.

    I can wait for The Outfit and Stacking to reach 85% off again next time.

    Since the Asura's Wrath dlcs never go on sale, I might just get those instead.
  • TV is DiedTV is Died93,294
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 19:55
    PRETTY GOOD SALE!
    Dream Game Mashup: Cuphead+Tony Hawk: American Wasteland
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB877,578
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 20:32
    360 games I want that never seem to go on sale any more apparently: Child of Light (360), Costume Quest 2 (360), Counter-Strike: Go. I also would love a sale on Goat Simulator DLC and Tomb Raider Legends DLC. Seems like I've been waiting years now.
    I did finally get Bound By Flame, its always on sale and is supposed to be a mediocre RPG, but its only 1.99 I suppose, hard to say no, even though it seems to be on sale every other week.
    Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
  • Posted on 28 January 20 at 21:32
    Definitely picking up The Outfit. One of the first games I ever played on 360 and I wasn't an achievement hunter back them so I need to go back and complete it!
    Doc, Doc, noose
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.