The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: January 28th, 2020

• HQAZEHQAZE337,596
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 22:13Permalink
    Cenosis said:
    HQAZE said:
    Just picked up Thunder Wolves great game .. if you liked Dogfight 1942 you are gonna enjoy this one also 100%..
    I just completed that one recently, I had fun playing it so I recommend it too. The dialogue was atrocious and I had to rubber band the cn_RB and cn_RT buttons down on a second controller for the co-op achievement cause no one to help me but I pulled it off. Definitely worth the $1.50 I paid and the $2 listed though.

I'm gonna pick up Giana Sisters and Stacking. I remember Stacking being $2 last time it was on sale but I don't mind paying the $3 instead of waiting for it again, I simply ran out of money and couldn't include it last time.
    Good for you man.. Nice,Nice.. (for completing it)wink
    When i paid for stacking it was the full price, 9,99 i believe + dlc 20(Total..) or what ever.. any way.. also picked up Zombie Driver HD + Dollar Dash.. yesterday.. but Giana Sisters is a nice game/platformer.. but never picked it up on xbox One for what ever reason..(is ATM not working).. But i like playing oldschool games so i don't mind.. whehe..dance
    JDH
  • ScoobyDoobyD0ntScoobyDoobyD0nt1,283,449
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 22:26Permalink
    arty1977 said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    TheRyanGillam said:
    Still annoyed I bought 'The Outfit' months ago. It was one of my favourite games from the 360 era, but you can't apparently play it using a HDMI cable. I wish I could.
    I was planning on buying the game. I didn't know that. Thanks for mentioning that although apparently you could start with an analogue connection and then use the HDMI afterwards.

50Hz PAL, 60Hz PAL, big-screen HDMI goodness..

I still have the original AV cables that came with the Xbox 360 though but I haven't used it for ages though relying on the superior resolution and performance of HDMI instead.

You can also use an S video cable if you have one.
    you mean looking for 50hz I guess as hdmi is 60hz by default... but could switch to 50 if required.

I guess outfit does not request 50hz :( ms should have implemented auto req for this title...
    What?? I use my 360 with an HDMI cable, and was playing the outfit very recently (last week). Worked perfectly fine
    Scoooooby-doooooby-dooooo
  • MatthewMk2MatthewMk2358,309
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 22:51Permalink
    I was just thinking how much fun Frontlines: Fuel of War was back in the day. Too bad the server's got shut down. Campaigns still pretty fun and worth playing through for some achievements.
  • AbyssalOrc33AbyssalOrc33442,390
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 23:03Permalink
    I really ought try something outside my comfort zone, Like shoot'em ups. I think I'll try Sine Mora.
  • Posted on 28 January 20 at 23:39Permalink
    ScoobyDoobyD0nt said:
    arty1977 said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    TheRyanGillam said:
    Still annoyed I bought 'The Outfit' months ago. It was one of my favourite games from the 360 era, but you can't apparently play it using a HDMI cable. I wish I could.
    I was planning on buying the game. I didn't know that. Thanks for mentioning that although apparently you could start with an analogue connection and then use the HDMI afterwards.

I still have the original AV cables that came with the Xbox 360 though but I haven't used it for ages though relying on the superior resolution and performance of HDMI instead.

you mean looking for 50hz I guess as hdmi is 60hz by default... but could switch to 50 if required.

I guess outfit does not request 50hz :( ms should have implemented auto req for this title...
    What?? I use my 360 with an HDMI cable, and was playing the outfit very recently (last week). Worked perfectly fine
    Ok. Maybe the problem is regional with the 50hz standard they had in Europe.
  • Posted on 28 January 20 at 23:41, Edited on 28 January 20 at 23:47 by FireDrake007Permalink
    MatthewMk2 said:
    I was just thinking how much fun Frontlines: Fuel of War was back in the day. Too bad the server's got shut down. Campaigns still pretty fun and worth playing through for some achievements.
    THQ Nordic reopened up the servers on the 360 and Xbox One when the game became back compatible on the Xbox One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L42Z3IzZPCI&t=1448s
  • ScoobyDoobyD0ntScoobyDoobyD0nt1,283,449
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 00:13Permalink
    FireDrake007 said:
    ScoobyDoobyD0nt said:
    arty1977 said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    TheRyanGillam said:

Ok. Maybe the problem is regional with the 50hz standard they had in Europe.
    Oh maybe, the people i've played it with and myself are all NA
    Scoooooby-doooooby-dooooo
  • Brelen RavenBrelen Raven128,019
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 06:58Permalink
    Heck yeah, I've always wanted to play the Alien Breed games and I missed them on sale last time.
  • CenosisCenosis108,623
    Posted on 31 January 20 at 02:22Permalink
    HQAZE said:
    Cenosis said:
    HQAZE said:
    Just picked up Thunder Wolves great game .. if you liked Dogfight 1942 you are gonna enjoy this one also 100%..
    I just completed that one recently, I had fun playing it so I recommend it too. The dialogue was atrocious and I had to rubber band the cn_RB and cn_RT buttons down on a second controller for the co-op achievement cause no one to help me but I pulled it off. Definitely worth the $1.50 I paid and the $2 listed though.

I'm gonna pick up Giana Sisters and Stacking. I remember Stacking being $2 last time it was on sale but I don't mind paying the $3 instead of waiting for it again, I simply ran out of money and couldn't include it last time.
    When i paid for stacking it was the full price, 9,99 i believe + dlc 20(Total..) or what ever.. any way.. also picked up Zombie Driver HD + Dollar Dash.. yesterday.. but Giana Sisters is a nice game/platformer.. but never picked it up on xbox One for what ever reason..(is ATM not working).. But i like playing oldschool games so i don't mind.. whehe..dance
    Thanks, the hardest part was probably getting the co-op achievement solo and the game as a whole was starting to give me carpal tunnel from the machine gun n missile buttons so my wrist was glad when it was over. clap

I decided to also pick up Sine Mora, looks pretty good and for two bucks it's a steal. I'm a big fan of the oldschool games as well, the last scrolling shooter I remember playing (aside from Aegis Wing) was probably Einhander on the PS1. After that other genres became more popular/interesting but I'm glad to see the genre is still around at least so I'm looking forward to playing one again. (Appears to be a tough completion though but I was never great at them anyway.) 😁
  • HQAZEHQAZE337,596
    Posted on 02 February 20 at 20:38Permalink
    Cenosis said:
    HQAZE said:
    Cenosis said:
    HQAZE said:

Thanks, the hardest part was probably getting the co-op achievement solo and the game as a whole was starting to give me carpal tunnel from the machine gun n missile buttons so my wrist was glad when it was over. clap

I decided to also pick up Sine Mora, looks pretty good and for two bucks it's a steal. I'm a big fan of the oldschool games as well, the last scrolling shooter I remember playing (aside from Aegis Wing) was probably Einhander on the PS1. After that other genres became more popular/interesting but I'm glad to see the genre is still around at least so I'm looking forward to playing one again. (Appears to be a tough completion though but I was never great at them anyway.) 😁
    I get you man.. I get you.. wink
    I'm myself loved/love more
    Adventure/Point and Click games also back in the day.. With Sierra Especially games from Al Lowe..Leisure Suit Larry/Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail/etc.. I talk late 90's.. or monkey island was also hot back in the day! (also playable on xbox now btw).. you can even switch to the old-school mode.. Whehe..dance

Good old time'scompute
    JDH
  • HQAZEHQAZE337,596
    Posted on 02 February 20 at 20:49Permalink
    Or you had Space Quest 1-6 released between 1986 and 1995.. before my time.. I'm more a late 90's Early 2000 gamer .. but played them all! (also King's Quest 1984 -1998) all played including the 2015-16) ones..

Just great nostalgia .. smilewink
    JDH
  • Posted on 05 February 20 at 20:33Permalink
    FireDrake007 said:
    Plenty of games this week at 75 to 90% off.

I have some left over credit from MS Rewards so I may as well use it on games I don't have on PC or Xbox.

I will wait for the Feb Games with Gold list to come out first but I am thinking of Avatar, The Outfit, Stacking and Bound By Flame. The last I already have on PC but at 90% off I am thinking of getting it on Xbox as well.

I recommend The Raven as well. It is pretty good but has some glitches.
    I ended up not buying any games from last week. I already have the PC version of Bound by Flame which is the better version apparently, so skipped that.

The other 3 games are higher than their all time low on Xbox so I will just wait for those to return.

I also found someone to trade with for Stacking on PC, so I might not need it on Xbox anymore.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.