Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold revealed: Call of Cthulhu, TT Isle of Man, and more

• CanezzaCanezza35,511
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 22:14, Edited on 28 January 20 at 22:19 by CanezzaPermalink
    EazyE2285 said:
    You misread my post I guess. Here is mine from the 9th in the forums...
    For a day when's they switched over Tracks and Untitled Goose Game were in the list. So was Afterparty hit up Afterparty for playlist and never got credit now the options have switched.

Glancing over my list it looks to include November/December releases which would explain GTA not being on there but doesn't explain The Witcher omission nor Ninjago which released the same day as Age of Wonders Planetfall. Ticket to Ride was December as well and the aforementioned two easy ones above mentioned. It also has The Long Dark in there yet the game isn't even in Game Pass

I am thoroughly confused what's going on as the pattern makes no sense to include some but not other then have a non game pass game in a game pass quest. Not interested in the list and it's just 100 points but I found it weird
    Then you posted about it the 13th. I don't know when it left I know it was after and I think sometime last week. I said in that thread it was likely just them screwing something up as they had already messed it up on launch of the quest (evidence in my above post)

I never said it was misinformation from you I said reporting on misinformation which would be the fact Microsoft had it in the quest but not in the program.

With my original post I was defending your reporting but the way you've worded your defensive reply made me realize I was wrong to defend it. Thing is it wasn't a rumor from Microsoft. They had no formal comment on it just some working stiff who hit a wrong button and it popped up in a rewards quest. It wasn't in coming soon on game pass. There was no statement from any employee anywhere so in that case whoever posted the article, you, started the rumor. Saying it could be a mistake on their part would only apply if the article was strictly about the rewards quest or if the game showed up in coming soon.

That aside one (or ten) bad article(s) does not sway me like it apparently does others. Keep up the good work being my go to for all things Xbox
    Ah, apologies Easy, I definitely did misread your post. I'll hold my hand up to that one! toast

I'll still stand by my reporting in that Long Dark article though. Anyone else who spotted it would have done exactly the same (and quite a few sites did). It's the same for anything that falls into rumour or speculation, every site is going to report on something if they believe it to be somewhat credible. That's why everyone jumps on a leaked photo of a new console/devkit — you're never going to get an official reply from microsoft or sony, but you report it anyway because it could be credible.

Apologies again for jumping the gun, now who feels the fool laugh
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • Posted on 28 January 20 at 22:16Permalink
    Nice. This might be one of those rare GWG months that I don't own a game on any of my platforms.

Star Wars Battlefront 1 is one of only 2 games I don't own from the Star Wars Complete Collection bundle on PC, so I am really glad it is being offered on GWG. It was just recently added on steam and has a 97% positive rating there. The other is STAR WARS™ Episode I Racer.

I would have preferred Fable Anniversary but we haven't received a Fable game in a long time so I guess they decided to give one out. Since it is not an rpg like the other mainline Fable games, I probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise, so getting it free on GWG is okay.

I was also interested in buying Call of Cthulhu for it Lovecraftian horror detective rpg theme, so getting it free with GWG is a pleasant surprise.

I don't think I have ever had a motorcycle road racing game on Xbox before so TT Isle of Man would be nice to try out.
  • D JASSO00D JASSO00126,265
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 22:23Permalink
    Where can I buy enough time to play?
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,060,464
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 22:27Permalink
    Tendoman77 said:
    DeadlyName007 said:
    tuhin94 said:
    DeadlyName007 said:
    tuhin94 said:
    Tendoman77 said:
    tuhin94 said:
    Tendoman77 said:
    Since no one in the comments has bothered to talk about TT yet, as a guy who actually played the game...its a very difficult game with horrible handling and physics where even the slightest turn has the huge risk of making you crash, and races often become very long with few chances to recover. Least it allows mid-race saving in a way, but I would advise to avoid this for you completionists out there.

Least I can finally trade-in my physical copy I had the past 2 years.
    I was heavily considering playing it until I read your comment. I played Moto GP 17 and enjoyed that. How does Isle of Man compare to Moto GP?
    Its nothing like the Moto GP games at all, even the AI is borderline hard to beat even on the easiest difficulty, and combined with the horrible physics its going to be such a struggle most of the time.
    Well, good thing I read your post since I'm definitely going to skip it now. Thanks for the info!
    I don't understand that mindset at all! Will it kill you if you download it and try it for yourself? It's free. You may like it.
    True, but I've got enough games to play right now. Plus, I don't want yet another game I potentially won't enjoy, but slog through simply to complete it. So no reason to play Isle of Man (or any other new games) unless I know it's definitely going to be great. Anecdotes and ratings both seem to say the game is mediocre at best, so I'm not going to be playing it.
    I totally get what you are saying, but if you play stuff like that you might miss some gems. An hour is enough to see if you enjoy it.

EDIT: I actually forgot I'm in a completionist site! headspin
    Not everyone wants their completion rate to be completely shat on ya know.

Also like I said, I actually played the game and are able to say these things from experience. I legit know how crap it is.
    It's disappointing because I am glad to see a bike racer included in GWG but it should have been a Milestone game. KT/bigben games just aren't very good. They of the WRC and Vrally series, lately. I have them all because I buy virtually every racing game but TT is an insanely hard completion due to the ass controls and inability to rewind (and the premier race is easily a 30 minute per lap ordeal). I am fairly good at racers but I already threw in the towel for TT.
    Always number 2.
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn237,984
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 22:32Permalink
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    Onward to the spring sale. On the bright side im catching up with my backlog between no worth while new games and nothing of note sales.
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    Is it march yet? Im getting bored with my backlog
    The joy did not last long lol.
    I'm also working on the backlog, I'm actually happy for all these uninteresting releases, sales and GWG.
    Luckily I have some great games to finish up.
  • zr122zr122424,265
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 22:36Permalink
    DeadlyName007 said:
    Sneeches said:
    zr122 said:
    Wow not interested in any of these. Glad other people are excited, though.

This means I can concentrate on whatever the big Game Pass news for February is! Here's hoping for FF, Yakuza, and Kingdom Hearts!
    I will literally shit my pants if FF, Yakuza & KH's come to gamepass in Feb.
    Don't get ahead of yourselves. Kingdom Hearts isn't planned to come to Game Pass for now.
    Oh I'm buying the KH Collection day 1. I'm eager to replay that series on Xbox.

Thanks for the clarification though!
  • JdobemJdobem679,163
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 22:40Permalink
    alphurr said:
    oof, bought call of cthulhu a while back and haven't touched it yet, now it's free laugh
    Same, lol :(
    J
  • Matton ChopsMatton Chops156,856
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 22:42Permalink
    DeadlyName007 said:
    Matton Chops said:
    Dr Marty said:
    yay! Another Original XBox Star Wars Game facepalm

Silver lining: Only one more to go (Knights of the Old Republic II) and we're done with all Original XBox Star Wars games that are BC.
    I was thinking the same thing while looking over my game catalog... but isn't the first KOTOR backwards compatible? Was it offered as GWG previously? Because I don't own either of them, but I do own all of the other Original Xbox Star Wars games.
    KOTOR hasn't been given as a GwG title yet, but it was given as Mixpot prize on Mixer for watching Inside Xbox. I feel certain it's slated for the program along with Kotor 2
    Aww man, I totally missed that Mixpot! The only prizes I've gotten from watching Mixer have been in-game items for games like Sea of Thieves. But I agree with you, it seems like at the rate they're going all Original Xbox Star Wars games will be GWG by the end of this year or maybe the next.
  • CRISTIAMUZCRISTIAMUZ281,688
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 22:45Permalink
    Looking forward to Call of Cthulhu and Star Wars Battlefront
    Twitch.Tv/Zemidek
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7417,638
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 23:02Permalink
    Butters sU said:
    Call of cthulhu is one of those rare games I'm interested in but don't want to put money up for so that's a nice get for me. Now if they add Sinking City I'll clear my list. Is two a list? Anyways.
    Exactly the same for me. I'm a fan of Lovecraftian inspired media, but some of these games aren't worth the asking cost due to lack of polish, poor design, etc. Although, I might not have time for it depending on the February Game Pass releases.
  • Posted on 28 January 20 at 23:05Permalink
    I knew it was only a matter of time before we saw the original SW Battlefront. clap
  • vSullyvSully831,532
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 23:09, Edited on 28 January 20 at 23:11 by vSullyPermalink
    ..fake news ..
    I had no idea people other than Donald Trump used this term. Color me enlightened.

Isle of Mann has a solid ratio. I'm curious to see how much it changes.

Race the Sun had a similar ratio before going GwG.
  • shadowrose96shadowrose96179,012
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 23:22Permalink
    I already purchased Call of Cthulu back when it was only a few dollars, so a bit of a bummer there but oh well.

I totally forgot that Fable Heroes was even a thing! I remember playing it at some point but not much else, I'll have to dive into it again to see if it was any good.
  • Vokul VeganVokul Vegan232,320
    Posted on 28 January 20 at 23:55Permalink
    Another underwhelming month.
  • Posted on 29 January 20 at 00:14Permalink
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Tendoman77 said:
    Cut to save everyone's scrolling. Will still play this but sad that it is not, as I first thought, a Milestone SRL game. I've played and enjoyed a few games of theirs recently. Was sad that Gravel didn't do better, thought it was a fun game.
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,060,464
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 00:27Permalink
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Tendoman77 said:
    Cut to save everyone's scrolling. Will still play this but sad that it is not, as I first thought, a Milestone SRL game. I've played and enjoyed a few games of theirs recently. Was sad that Gravel didn't do better, thought it was a fun game.
    Yeah Milestone has always been pretty decent and their achievements aren't bad and they are consistent with releases. Plus with Ride 3 I think they basically achieved their version of Forza Motorsports 6, it was very good.
    Gravel was fun, but no Dirt.
    WRC and almost all Kyloton games I've played (including TT) always feel lacking to me.
    Isle of Man, the full track is excellent. But the AI and the bike physics are utterly frustrating.
    Always number 2.
  • Tendoman77Tendoman771,996,833
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 00:35Permalink
    buttmudBrooks said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Tendoman77 said:
    Yeah Milestone has always been pretty decent and their achievements aren't bad and they are consistent with releases. Plus with Ride 3 I think they basically achieved their version of Forza Motorsports 6, it was very good.
    Gravel was fun, but no Dirt.
    WRC and almost all Kyloton games I've played (including TT) always feel lacking to me.
    Isle of Man, the full track is excellent. But the AI and the bike physics are utterly frustrating.
    Agreed with all of this mostly.

And boy, if you feel that way with the WRC games you'll gonna hate the latest one. 6 and 7 were bad enough with super grindy achievements, but 8 has bad glitches, and a objective-based achievement that most of the time you won't get in your first top class season due to not being enough objectives to complete depending on RNG, forcing you to potentionally do multiple seasons.
  • Bear5 Fan 4EverBear5 Fan 4Ever1,766,018
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 00:39Permalink
    both xbox one titles new for me not too bad!
    Crackdown 3!
  • Watty8883Watty88831,748,119
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 01:04Permalink
    More Star Wars.Again.
  • MilkMilk59,114
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 01:52Permalink
    I feel bad for the people who bought TT at $70
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.