Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold revealed: Call of Cthulhu, TT Isle of Man, and more

• EazyE2285EazyE2285297,203
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 02:33Permalink
    CrypticColors said:
    I feel bad for the people who bought TT at $70
    At $70+ You'd have to A) really like motorcycle games or B) have a lot of dispoasable income to think paying for anything other than a AAA game with some extras thrown in is worth it
  • puchulanderopuchulandero753,850
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 03:01Permalink
    I Hate when they add Xbox originals games without achievements:(
    Kinect Forever
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,861
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 03:03, Edited on 29 January 20 at 03:11 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    wookieepuppy said:
    It should be Star Wars battlefront, not Star Wars battlefront.....

If it was Star Wars battlefront 2 that would be good, unless it was Star Wars battlefront 2
    Especially since we have already had Star Wars Battlefront II ;)

In my mind I confuse it with Star Wars Battlegrounds, a game I always wanted to play but never did.

The newer games are STAR WARS Bettlefront vs Star Wars Battlefront. Subtle, but that does give you a way to tell them apart.

Anyway, here is the download link for the one we will be getting:
    Star Wars Battlefront
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Tatl360Tatl360229,838
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 03:47Permalink
    4 new games!

I wasn't going to buy the motorcycle game. Maybe it's an opportunnity to try this vehicle.
    I've never heard about call of txu something.
    I wasn't going to buy this arcade Fable because of the broken achievement in Anniversary.
    And I probably will not play the Star Wars game. But wish to get all the original Xbox games.
    laugh
    So it's a good month.
  • CenosisCenosis95,096
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 04:18Permalink
    Looks like I'll be picking up my first OG Xbox game, even though Heidi initially didn't want me to own it. I am sad about the achievements being removed from it too, I like those things. :D

Also picking up my first Fable game, I never cared for the series because I'm not a fan of Peter Molyneux. I'll give it a try though, I wasn't even aware that this one in particular existed.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285297,203
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 04:23, Edited on 29 January 20 at 04:24 by EazyE2285Permalink
    dcmzy said:
    people saying Original Xbox games doesn't have achievement but Fuzion Frenzy does... I don't know what yall are on.
    Negative. No OGBox game does. Fuzion Frenzy 2 does
  • Posted on 29 January 20 at 04:32Permalink
    Nice to see Call of Cthulhu on this list, don't really care about the other games.
  • Smudgenat0rSmudgenat0r607,286
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 07:55, Edited on 29 January 20 at 07:56 by Smudgenat0rPermalink
    Like most others have said, looking forward to Call of Cthulhu but the others I'm not really fussed about.
  • Kerman7Kerman7665,790
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 08:28Permalink
    Hard pass on all of them.
    All good though as my hands are full already.
  • DavidDavid163,011
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 08:32Permalink
    I own Star Wars, but I'll be trying TT & Cthulhu for sure. Fable is trash.
  • DavidDavid163,011
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 08:33Permalink
    dcmzy said:
    people saying Original Xbox games doesn't have achievement but Fuzion Frenzy does... I don't know what yall are on.
    We are on the correct path. Come join us. No Xbox original has achievements. You are thinking of Fuzion Frenzy 2 which released on the 360.
  • Posted on 29 January 20 at 08:45Permalink
    I sold my physical copy of Call of Cthulhu, so it’ll be cool to have it digitally & for free. It’s not the most impressive game, but if you like mystery & Lovecraft lore than its certainly worth a play through.
    I voted for kodos
  • Posted on 29 January 20 at 09:28Permalink
    why do the same old people complain every month about free games with a service you buy anyways get a playstation plus account see how many good games they will give....
    All bad games are GoTY's imo how can you as a company allow shit to come on your name its such bravery if you ask me
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB567,805
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 10:11Permalink
    Do they really try to sell TT Isle of Man for $72 normally? Unbelievable.
    Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
  • NapalmNikoNapalmNiko561,924
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 10:24Permalink
    Where are the triple a games -.-
    Greetings Niko
  • Iggsy81Iggsy81263,554
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 10:58Permalink
    TwistedTB said:
    Do they really try to sell TT Isle of Man for $72 normally? Unbelievable.
    Yeah niche games are super-expensive, so cricket, tennis, tour de france, motorbike games, handball, AFL, NRL, Rugby games are all super-bloody expensive for some reason.
  • Posted on 29 January 20 at 11:40Permalink
    darkwing1232 said:
    PlatinumTaters7 said:
    Fanta Morgana said:
    Call of Cthulhu ist pretty Bad, but an easy completion.
    Bad as in buggy/a mess to play or bad as in uninteresting?
    Its not buggy but there is some rng involved early on. It is somewhat uninteresting though, especially if youre not a fan of the lore and/or Lovecraft in general and does require multiple playthroughs.
    Yeah the game isn't buggy and the story is semi-interesting for me as someone who generally likes Lovecraft. My main issue is with the gameplay, which is barely more interactive than a walking simulator, a genre which I hate for the most part, unless the story is really good, like SOMA or Firewatch.
  • DeceptiveTenDeceptiveTen831,051
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 11:50Permalink
    DarqStalker said:
    $72 US for TT Isle of Man? That's a weird price.
    I was thinking something. Whoever paid full price for that should be hit in the face as hard as a man can swing with a bat
    deceptiveten
  • Posted on 29 January 20 at 12:19Permalink
    I really enjoyed Call of Cthulu! It's a pretty easy completion as well!
  • Johnny SinisterJohnny Sinister1,060,795
    Posted on 29 January 20 at 12:58Permalink
    Excited for Call of Cthulhu. Just didn't want to pay that price.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.