Community Events

Forum for the TADPole Contest

TADpole FAQ

• planting42planting421,505,175
    Posted on 05 February 20 at 00:20, Edited on 05 February 20 at 19:19 by Beanpotter
    Howdy folks!

It's time for an iteration on something we're familiar with. Everyone remembers how to play Leap Frog, right? We've used achievements and a few forms of ratio in the past. This time we're ramping it up even further by pegging it to TA Difference.

For those that are unfamiliar with the term, TA Difference is short for 'the difference between the TrueAchievement score and the Gamerscore.' So, to figure the TA Difference for any given achievement, you take the TA score and subtract the Gamerscore. That leaves you with the TA Difference.

The goal of this event is similar to that of the early Leap Frogs; that being an ever-increasing goal. In this event, the goal is to make as many Leaps as you can that are at least 5 TA Difference more than your current total score. Be mindful that unlocking an achievement with a very large TA Difference can lead to the end of your Leaping. There are no restarts! Once you click register and start hopping, that will be your one run.

There is a Community Challenge attached to this event so, if you are still making your way to the gold badge, this will help you along the way. For those that have been mindful of collecting them all, this is number 11. The Challenge, should you accept it, is to make at least 10 Leaps. As noted above, if you Leap blindly or accidentally unlock an achievement with significant TA Difference, it has the potential to end your run. Plan ahead if you don't want surprises!

To participate in this event, click the register button on the hub page here: TADPole

- Achievements must be unlocked online to be valid
    - Achievements from games and Apps are valid in this event
    - Challenges are valid for this event
    - Progress will update once achievements are scanned onto the site
    - Valid Leaps are 5 TA Difference more than your current total score.

Once you are ready to begin your journey from lily pad to lily pad, click the register button on the Hub page. The next achievement you unlock will be your starting leap so plan this with care! Since Challenges and App achievements are valid, those are good targets for a start since they are all 0 TA Difference so it's not too bad they're pointless. wink You can also find achievements that have positive value but 0 TA Difference in games that give you an achievement at the main menu or for starting the campaign. An achievement with a 1.0 TA ratio will also have 0 TA Difference.

Your goal is now to continue Leaping by unlocking another achievement that is at least 5 TA Difference more than the starting Leap. Here is where paying attention comes into play. If you unlock an achievement with a high ratio, it will also have a high TA Difference. If you unlock a difficult achievement as your say 5th Leap, that may leave you searching for an achievement that is 5 more than your now sizable score.

Once you've registered for the event, you will have a sidebar on your homepage that will offer guidance for the next leap as well as display your 5 most recent Leaps. There is also a button that says 'View Valid Achievements' that will bring you to a page that is sorted with the lowest ratios and only show achievements that meet or exceed what you need for your next Leap.

Unlocking achievements that do not meet or exceed the required TA Difference for your next Leap will not impact your progress in the event at all.

Ensure all achievements you intend to have counted for the event are scanned before the end of the event.

The event will run for a period of 2 weeks, from Friday, February 7th at 12PM GMT until Friday, February 21st at 12PM GMT.

There is a leaderboard that will track the Leaps with prizes going to the top 3 longest.
    3rd Place: Badge on your profile page and three months of TA Pro
    2nd Place: Badge on your profile page and six months of TA Pro
    1st Place: Badge on your profile page and one year of TA Pro

In event of a tie, cumulative TrueAchievement score will be the deciding factor.

Q: Can you please give us an example of some valid Leaps?
    A: Sure. For simplicity's sake there are no extra achievements in this list, but achievements that don't extend the chain are ignored.

TEDIdeas know-it-allThe Ideas know-it-all achievement in TED worth 0 pointsWatched 50 hours of talks
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Xbox 360)Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Xbox 360) worth 10 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    SubmergedFree ClimberThe Free Climber achievement in Submerged worth 110 pointsClimb to the highest point in the map
    SubmergedConciergeThe Concierge achievement in Submerged worth 116 pointsVisit all of the hotels
    Active Soccer 2 DXGoals scoredThe Goals scored achievement in Active Soccer 2 DX worth 126 pointsScore at least 100 goals!
    Skylanders SWAP Force (Xbox 360)Champion of SkylandsThe Champion of Skylands achievement in Skylanders SWAP Force (Xbox 360) worth 148 pointsComplete all main chapters in Story Mode on any difficulty
    The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game - Definitive EditionThe Fellowship FormsThe The Fellowship Forms achievement in The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game - Definitive Edition worth 210 pointsComplete 100 Quests
    The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game - Definitive EditionWe Must Go OnThe We Must Go On achievement in The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game - Definitive Edition worth 240 pointsComplete 50 Quests with 1 Hero defeated
    Here's a great example of how not paying attention and blindly playing your same games daily can catch you unaware. This is my set from testing. See how after making relatively small leaps I unlocked one achievement with a large TA Difference? (This shows TA score and not TA Difference, so you have to do the math yourself. I unlocked a bunch of 100G achievements with successively larger ratios which is why the scores look the way they do. Once you get down to Lord of the Rings, the achievements are 14G and like 20 ratio. That was the mistake...) Doing that and not being able to keep increasing beyond that point can and will end runs. It's vital you plan ahead if you intend to make a good run of this, or even complete the 10 Leap Challenge. Note that each leap is larger than the previous. The challenge here lies in the growing TA Difference requirement. With planning, you can reach 10 leaps on only 45 TA Difference. Playing whatever, you'll end up looking for 300 something TAD achievements for leap 8 laugh For those that make a run for it, it will take some serious planning and precise execution.

Here's perhaps a better list to consider:
    The First TreeFirst ItemThe First Item achievement in The First Tree worth 25 pointsDig up your first item
    Cyber ComplexNode EaterThe Node Eater achievement in Cyber Complex worth 65 pointsConsume 100 Blue Nodes to increase the H4C-Kits data integrity
    DOGOSTHE ASSKICKERThe THE ASSKICKER achievement in DOGOS worth 50 pointsELIMINATE 200 AIR UNITS
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year EditionSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition worth 65 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year EditionPest ControlThe Pest Control achievement in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition worth 71 pointsDestroy all monster nests in the Velen / Novigrad region, or in Skellige.
    Notice how the TrueAchievement score rises and falls due to the changing Gamerscore? It's the ever increasing leaps that matter. Keep it under control and all is well.

Q: How do I see the TA Difference of achievements when looking through them manually?
    A: If using 'My Easy Achievements' there's a tickbox in the filters dropdown to show TA Difference. If manually browsing game pages, you'll have to do the math (TA score - Gamerscore)

Q: Will I automatically be scanned when the event ends?
    A: No. Its your responsibility to make sure all links of your chain are scanned in before the event ends.

Q: Why aren't achievements unlocked offline valid?
    A: Since the event uses the timestamps to determine the order the achievements were unlocked in, offline unlocks would possibly scan onto the site in any order. There is no basis for the event to know where the offline achievements fit in. To make this as simple for us as it is for you, we can't include them.

Q: How do I check if I'm online on Xbox 360 / Xbox One with Backwards Compatibility?
    A: When you're using the Xbox 360 or on the One via Backward Compatibility, you may want to minimize the likelihood of being offline.

Tip 1: Check the 360 menu to check you are connected before getting to the point of unlocking the achievement. The Xbox button on the 360 controller, or cn_back and cn_start on the One controller.
    Tip 2: If you have to download an update, once the game has reloaded check you are connected to live before continuing.
    Tip 3: If you can, avoid using Backwards Compatibility on the One if you have issues with staying connected to Live through it.
    Tip 4: Start a party on the Xbox 360, even if its just you in it. That way, if you're disconnected you don't see the notification, you will get a notification about being unable to connect to the party instead.
    Tip 5: Keep checking you're online, especially if you're close to unlocking the achievement.
    Tip 6: See Help! I unlocked an Xbox 360 achievement offline, what can I do? if you get unlucky.

Q: Can I play offline on my Xbox One?
    A: Yes, but with extreme caution. The reason for this is the manner the Xbox One handles achievements unlocked while offline. When you reconnect the console to the internet, all achievements earned while offline will commonly unlock as soon as you reach the Home screen in a completely random order. There is no way to guarantee the order the achievements will be unlocked. If you are using your Xbox One offline, its recommended you reconnect after unlocking just one achievement intended for your chain.

Q: Help! I unlocked an Xbox 360 achievement offline, what can I do?
    A: If the achievement has synced to xbox.com (and can be scanned by TA) because your Xbox reconnected to Xbox live, then unfortunately you are out of luck and there's nothing anyone can do.

However, if the achievement has not yet synced, you can immediately disconnect your Xbox from the internet or turn off your router (or whatever internet device you have). Delete your profile from your Xbox. Reconnect your internet, and connect to Xbox Live. Re-download your profile. The achievement you unlocked offline will be gone and you will have to re-earn it. Depending on the game you may have to re-meet the requirements, or it may pop when you load the game (or something else).
This thread has been locked by planting42