Forum for the TADPole Contest

TADpole Discussion thread

• The Ol n DeThe Ol n De258,477
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 23:17Permalink
    Elyoh said:
    The Ol n De said:
    Elyoh said:
    The Ol n De said:
    so, to get the badge,you need 10 leaps, does it then mean you need 11 achievements ?
    You need 10 called achievements, so 10 valid unlocks will do.
    Well, in the FAQ, it actually says to get 10 LEAPS, not 10 achievements.
    The 1st leap happens when you jump from the 1st cheevo to the 2nd one.
    So logically, 10 leaps makes 11 achievements.
    Classic fence posts situation.
    On the main event Hub, once someone has unlocked 10 achievements their panel changes colour. That's all I need to go by, reading is too hard laugh
    Well, it might have been all you needed to know, but now that the short leaderboard only shows players which are way over the 10/11 limit, the colour change theory does not go very far, and there's no colour in the full version of the leaderboard. But thank you anyways for this very personal answer. That's all I needed to go by.
    Stan Day One Edition Owner
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh2,187,845
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 07:23Permalink
    Got burned by a TA recalc over night when planning leaps. Spent way too long on an achievement that didn't end up counting facepalm
  • RiBoPRiBoP194,032
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 08:14Permalink
    EYEHUNTER 42 said:
    Anyone got an easy game with an 85 point difference achievement?
    I got several with Goat Simulator after I wrecked my first achievement leaps wink

In the main game I got for example this one:
    Goat SimulatorBuilder GoatThe Builder Goat achievement in Goat Simulator worth 179 pointsFind all the blocks

And the MMO DLC this one for example:
    Goat SimulatorButthurtThe Butthurt achievement in Goat Simulator worth 186 pointsDo a lot of hurt. With your butt.

Good luck!
  • Posted on 13 February 20 at 08:15Permalink
    Chunkeh Munkeh said:
    Got burned by a TA recalc over night when planning leaps. Spent way too long on an achievement that didn't end up counting facepalm
    That's gotta be frustrating. And a good reason why this might need to not happen this way again for a while.
  • Fluke939Fluke939271,416
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 13:04Permalink
    Got into this a bit more. Made three leaps of 5 or 6 playing Ticket to Ride. TA Diff 90 96 and 114. The game is on Game Pass and you can go for the achievements at any time.
    I'm trying to fill some missing achievement guides for the game (for the free maps, USA and Nordic). Hit me up for any help or to help figure them out. Might even pick up some DLC as they are cheap and I am kinding getting into the game
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh2,187,845
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 18:38Permalink
    HyruleBalverine said:
    Chunkeh Munkeh said:
    That's gotta be frustrating. And a good reason why this might need to not happen this way again for a while.
    The kicker is with it being free with gold this weekend, the TA difference will increase back to what it was in the next few days laugh
  • Pmalone6Pmalone6186,674
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 18:49Permalink
    I may be missing something or have something flagged but while I was planning ahead I found a good 65 TAD achievement yet it doesn't pop up on the list that generates:

Pmalone6's Achievements

Tomb Raider - Definitive EditionArtillerymanThe Artilleryman achievement in Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition worth 85 pointsKill 20 enemy players in multiplayer using a turret.

I'm lucky I put together my own list by just looking through all of my games that I haven't completed 1 by 1 but I am curious why it hasn't hit the generated list? Loving this competition by the way! Finally got me to dive back into Mirror's Edge.
  • Sir PaulygonSir Paulygon218,738
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 18:58, Edited on 13 February 20 at 18:59 by Sir PaulygonPermalink
    Pmalone6 said:
    I may be missing something or have something flagged but while I was planning ahead I found a good 65 TAD achievement yet it doesn't pop up on the list that generates:

Pmalone6's Achievements

Tomb Raider - Definitive EditionArtillerymanThe Artilleryman achievement in Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition worth 85 pointsKill 20 enemy players in multiplayer using a turret.

I'm lucky I put together my own list by just looking through all of my games that I haven't completed 1 by 1 but I am curious why it hasn't hit the generated list? Loving this competition by the way! Finally got me to dive back into Mirror's Edge.
    Ah. Super simple. Under More filter options, you have to check the box that states: Include games from my collection

That should do it for you.

Hm. I actually take that back. It appears that Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition might need to be added to your Game Collection. I don't see it there.
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 19:05Permalink
    Sir Paulygon said:
    Pmalone6 said:

Pmalone6's Achievements

Ah. Super simple. Under More filter options, you have to check the box that states: Include games from my collection

That should do it for you.

Hm. I actually take that back. It appears that Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition might need to be added to your Game Collection. I don't see it there.
    I'm not sure how to do that since it's a game I've played before and unlocked achievements I figured it would already be automatically included in my collection. There didn't appear to be an option under the three dots at the top of the achievement page. Any thoughts there? Thanks for the input already!
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 19:08, Edited on 13 February 20 at 19:09 by Sir PaulygonPermalink
    Derp! I see that your ownership is set to Not Own, or No longer have, rather. Just change that via your Games Collection.
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 19:19, Edited on 13 February 20 at 19:29 by Pmalone6Permalink
    Sir Paulygon said:
    Derp! I see that your ownership is set to Not Own, or No longer have, rather. Just change that via your Games Collection.
    That was it! I knew it was going to be some finicky checkbox, thanks!

With that being said, does anyone remember how to toggle a game as Owned/Not Owned? I would rather do that so I don't bring in a bunch of games I no longer have but can't seem to find that option.

Last Edit: For anyone else looking, you have to go My Game Collection and ensure that the filter there hasn't checked Exclude Not Owned then you can hover over a game and select Edit and finally change the ownership.
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 19:21Permalink
    Pmalone6 said:
    Sir Paulygon said:
    That was it! I knew it was going to be some finicky checkbox, thanks!
    laugh You're welcome, bud! I'm sure I've done something similar in the past.
  • Posted on 14 February 20 at 00:01, Edited on 14 February 20 at 00:02 by silver the XIIPermalink
    I am now done with this challenge. I got to my goal of 50 achievements, which is a good number to end with. I got a little bit burned out on this once this week began, but I was still able to push through and get to 50.

I cannot participate in next week as I am going to be away from my Xbox for the whole of next week starting from friday. It was good fun,I also bumped up my gamerscore quite a bit and pushed my ratio to above 2 for the third time now

Good luck to the people who are still competing in this to achieve their own goals; it will be interesting to see who wins this in the end and what kind of crazy ta difference they end with.
  • Posted on 14 February 20 at 02:11Permalink
    Rare Replay strikes again! Everything was going fine, but while I was attempting
    Rare ReplayTaking PointThe Taking Point achievement in Rare Replay worth 146 pointsComplete the Blast Score Playlist.

I ended up getting
    Rare ReplayVIP Box SuiteThe VIP Box Suite achievement in Rare Replay worth 299 pointsEarn the Player Rank of "Ambassador".

Went from a 7 point to a 143 point leap! There are maybe a few other achievements I could feasibly get but not enough to make an impact on the leaderboards. Oh well it was fun while it lasted good luck everyone else who is still in it!
    https://www.youtube.com/BeBetterGamer
  • BetaSigX20BetaSigX20336,795
    Posted on 14 February 20 at 15:46Permalink
    Well, I managed a perfect run through the first 21 leaps (started at 0, exactly +5 TAD with each leap), but the available achievements at exactly +5 are getting pretty thin on the ground. From here on out it's just going to be a case of grabbing whatever I can get that qualifies, I suppose. One week left... hoping to hit 30 by the time it's over.
  • Posted on 14 February 20 at 17:05Permalink
    Took me until day 2 to blow my sequence by accidentally picking up too much dust in Thimbleweed Park. Ah well, at least I sequence broke at Leap #9 so my 10 for the badge is ensured.

Was hoping to at least make it to 20 (which is big I think for someone at 96% completion) but oh well
  • LancerideLanceride341,398
    Posted on 14 February 20 at 17:19Permalink
    So, I think most people agree that this community challenge is one of the easiest we have had. I wonder if this will be the first one where the All Challenges Club loses no members. It seems likely, although it may not be more likely than at least 1 of us sitting it out because the gold badge is all that was wanted.
    Posted on 14 February 20 at 18:52, Edited on 14 February 20 at 18:56 by BetaSigX20Permalink
    Lanceride said:
    So, I think most people agree that this community challenge is one of the easiest we have had. I wonder if this will be the first one where the All Challenges Club loses no members. It seems likely, although it may not be more likely than at least 1 of us sitting it out because the gold badge is all that was wanted.
    I bet we'll lose a couple, but I agree that if we do, it will be more likely because they didn't start than that they didn't finish.

It's possible to accidentally unlock a prohibitively high TAD achievement early on, but I think it's unlikely that anyone who's really trying wouldn't be able to get at least 10 leaps by the end of the two-week period, even with some missteps along the way.

EDIT: So, I just went through the list of the 121 #AllChallengeClub members (because it's a slow Friday, and if I've got a spreadsheet open, at least it looks like I'm working...) laugh.

107 of the 121 have already gotten to 10 Leaps. Eleven more are in progress, and most are sitting at 8 or 9 leaps, so I've no doubt they'll get there (no one seemed to be screwed by an extremely high TAD).

That leaves three who haven't started the challenge. One appears to be planning to do it this week (according to his status), but the last two have yet to register. There's still time, though, so we can't count them out yet. I'll check again next week.
  • JblacqJblacq509,047
    Posted on 14 February 20 at 19:20Permalink
    BetaSigX20 said:
    107 of the 121 have already gotten to 10 Leaps. Eleven more are in progress, and most are sitting at 8 or 9 leaps, so I've no doubt they'll get there (no one seemed to be screwed by an extremely high TAD).

That leaves three who haven't started the challenge. One appears to be planning to do it this week (according to his status), but the last two have yet to register. There's still time, though, so we can't count them out yet. I'll check again next week.
    Now you have me curious... who are the 3 that haven't started?
    Posted on 14 February 20 at 20:33Permalink
    I suppose it's basically public record at this point, so I guess it won't hurt to name names...

ManicMetalhead has registered but apparently wasn't around this week, according to his status.
    HenkeXD and LagDotCom haven't registered.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.