Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Votes are now open for March 2020's TA Playlist game

• Posted on 11 February 20 at 18:12Permalink
    GLOVEZ 1 2 3 said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    Nukes A Lot 2 said:
    I NVIII I said:
    H:FF but wouldn't mind that Goose game, only because I hear its fairly quick although its probably just as shit as Goat sim. Overrated/hyped turds. Change my mindlaughdance
    I will attempt to change your mind. Unlike Goat Sim, which functions on the premise that the game barely plays, Untitled Goose Game is a polished product about a goose in the countryside doing Goose things. No memes like Goat Sim, no absurd content. Just stuff a goose might be able to do.

Look up gameplay for Goat Sim and compare it to Goose Game. Totally different. Both excellent in their own ways. Goat Sim is a satire, Goose Game is a passion project.
    Yes because a goose can drag a radio, turn a faucet on and outsmart a human to the point of getting behind him twice to steal his hat and keys, tie someones shoe strings together with it's beak, etc. Negative buddy. It's absolutely full of absurd content and a great majority of it is NOT stuff a goose might be able to do. It's nowhere near the level of crazy stupid Goat is but it's most certainly sitting in the same boat
    He's slagging off and insulting the game without having ever played it. Different games appeal to different people. I'm sure some if not many of his games would have no appeal to you or I. That it doesn't appeal to him is fine, but to call a highly rated and popular game which he has never played a turd just makes him look ignorant to me.
    Does he really need to play the game to formulate an oppinion on it?
    I thought the goose game looked over hyped. My brother played it on my account, so i give it a go and what would you know i didn't enjoy it.
    Don't see how it makes him ignorant. Also why does the popularity of the game matter for his own oppinion?
    Big difference between thinking a game is overhyped (which can be fairly thought of most games, be they indie or AAA) and slagging it as he did. I can't see how calling a game one hasn't played, especially one that has reviewed and sold so well "a turd" just because it doesn't appeal to you is anything other than ignorant behaviour.

And fwiw no, popularity of a game doesn't matter.
  • GLOVEZ 1 2 3GLOVEZ 1 2 3225,336
    Posted on 11 February 20 at 19:18Permalink
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    GLOVEZ 1 2 3 said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    Nukes A Lot 2 said:
    I NVIII I said:
    H:FF but wouldn't mind that Goose game, only because I hear its fairly quick although its probably just as shit as Goat sim. Overrated/hyped turds. Change my mindlaughdance
    I will attempt to change your mind. Unlike Goat Sim, which functions on the premise that the game barely plays, Untitled Goose Game is a polished product about a goose in the countryside doing Goose things. No memes like Goat Sim, no absurd content. Just stuff a goose might be able to do.

Look up gameplay for Goat Sim and compare it to Goose Game. Totally different. Both excellent in their own ways. Goat Sim is a satire, Goose Game is a passion project.
    Yes because a goose can drag a radio, turn a faucet on and outsmart a human to the point of getting behind him twice to steal his hat and keys, tie someones shoe strings together with it's beak, etc. Negative buddy. It's absolutely full of absurd content and a great majority of it is NOT stuff a goose might be able to do. It's nowhere near the level of crazy stupid Goat is but it's most certainly sitting in the same boat
    He's slagging off and insulting the game without having ever played it. Different games appeal to different people. I'm sure some if not many of his games would have no appeal to you or I. That it doesn't appeal to him is fine, but to call a highly rated and popular game which he has never played a turd just makes him look ignorant to me.
    I thought the goose game looked over hyped. My brother played it on my account, so i give it a go and what would you know i didn't enjoy it.
    Don't see how it makes him ignorant. Also why does the popularity of the game matter for his own oppinion?
    Big difference between thinking a game is overhyped (which can be fairly thought of most games, be they indie or AAA) and slagging it as he did. I can't see how calling a game one hasn't played, especially one that has reviewed and sold so well "a turd" just because it doesn't appeal to you is anything other than ignorant behaviour.

He doesn't need to play it to have an oppinion on it.
    It selling and being reviewed well has no bearing on his oppinion as you say your self, but because he called it a turd hes ignorant? Would you prefer it if he instead made a small purposeless paragraph explaining that the game wasn't for him and he hopes no one is offended by him not wanting to play it?
    Maybe you would but, if calling a game a over hyped turd is your equivalent to slagging it off then that paragraph would have to be expertly typed out as to not offend you to the point of insulting him over a perfectly valid oppinion on a game.

He doesn't have to of played it to dislike it
    It being so popular hold no weight so stop mentioning it
    me
  • I NVIII II NVIII I563,351
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 00:14Permalink
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    GLOVEZ 1 2 3 said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    Nukes A Lot 2 said:
    I NVIII I said:

Don’t know why you care soooo much, I called two games shit it’s not like I came into your house and fucked your wife in front of you. Calm down mate it’s only a game... a very overhyped and shit one at that wink
  • Dr MartyDr Marty608,716
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 00:17Permalink
    I NVIII I said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    GLOVEZ 1 2 3 said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    Nukes A Lot 2 said:
    I NVIII I said:

Don’t know why you care soooo much, I called two games shit it’s not like I came into your house and fucked your wife in front of you. Calm down mate it’s only a game... a very overhyped and shit one at that wink
    Let's make these posts even longer... Yay to quote misuse.
    I approve this message
  • GLOVEZ 1 2 3GLOVEZ 1 2 3225,336
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 00:20Permalink
    Dr Marty said:
    I NVIII I said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    GLOVEZ 1 2 3 said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    Nukes A Lot 2 said:
    I NVIII I said:

sure
    me
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce763,650
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 00:39Permalink
    Sounds like we should set a goose loose in this forum
    @ChewieOnIce | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 02:29Permalink
    GLOVEZ 1 2 3 said:
    Dr Marty said:
    I NVIII I said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    GLOVEZ 1 2 3 said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    Nukes A Lot 2 said:
    I NVIII I said:

sure
    Keeping it going laugh The original guy missed the part where I said "probably" just as shit and that I wouldn't mind playing it lol
  • Posted on 12 February 20 at 02:34Permalink
    I NVIII I said:
    GLOVEZ 1 2 3 said:
    Dr Marty said:
    I NVIII I said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    GLOVEZ 1 2 3 said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    Nukes A Lot 2 said:
    I NVIII I said:

sure
    Keeping it going laugh The original guy missed the part where I said "probably" just as shit and that I wouldn't mind playing it lol
    This has been a blast seeing how this grew.

I did notice the probably but my focus was on the part of "change my mind". So I took that challenge and it struck a nerve with others here.

At its core gaming is fun, sure, but the emotions and identity portion really shined here. I cannot condone all the ad hominem attacks given by others but I can say there is a ton to learn from various perspectives and stances.

A wonderful sliver of multifaceted debate.
    The Ferg
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 02:55Permalink
    Nukes A Lot 2 said:
    I NVIII I said:
    GLOVEZ 1 2 3 said:
    Dr Marty said:
    I NVIII I said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    GLOVEZ 1 2 3 said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    Nukes A Lot 2 said:
    I NVIII I said:

sure
    This has been a blast seeing how this grew.

I did notice the probably but my focus was on the part of "change my mind". So I took that challenge and it struck a nerve with others here.

At its core gaming is fun, sure, but the emotions and identity portion really shined here. I cannot condone all the ad hominem attacks given by others but I can say there is a ton to learn from various perspectives and stances.

A wonderful sliver of multifaceted debate.
    I will say I'm still building up to playing it and I hope its not broken like the Goat sim but if it is the playlist I'll do it asap. Still is overhyped for what it is, I mean its no CyberPunk.
  • Osmo76Osmo76662,979
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 14:57Permalink
    GLOVEZ 1 2 3 said:
    Well of course anybody can have an opinion about anything. The real question is how much value does that opinion hold.

EazyE2285 said:
    Nukes A Lot 2 said:
    I NVIII I said:

I think you missed the point. If absurdity is a proper measure then 99 % of all games are crap. Nukes was simply explaining that the intentionally buggy and unpolished gameplay of Goat should not be compared to that of Goose's.

I haven't played Goose yet but from what I understand it's similar to Goat only in the sense that you play as an animal in a somewhat lifelike world. I didn't really enjoy Goat but I hope Goose might be a fair bit of fun. I guess I'll probably find out in March.
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 15:09Permalink
    Osmo76 said:
    GLOVEZ 1 2 3 said:
    Well of course anybody can have an opinion about anything. The real question is how much value does that opinion hold.

EazyE2285 said:
    Nukes A Lot 2 said:
    I NVIII I said:

I think you missed the point. If absurdity is a proper measure then 99 % of all games are crap. Nukes was simply explaining that the intentionally buggy and unpolished gameplay of Goat should not be compared to that of Goose's.

I haven't played Goose yet but from what I understand it's similar to Goat only in the sense that you play as an animal in a somewhat lifelike world. I didn't really enjoy Goat but I hope Goose might be a fair bit of fun. I guess I'll probably find out in March.
    I 100% agree with what you are saying, even what Nukes said although I wouldn't say it changed my mind but did reassure me that Goose Game isn't a broken piece of shit but it still is overhyped. Makes me dread it less and less honestly.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm309,120
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 02:38Permalink
    Human: Fall Flat
  • FightclxbFightclxb218,876
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 03:46Permalink
    HONK!
  • Posted on 13 February 20 at 09:38Permalink
    Le Honque
  • Chameleon314Chameleon314433,162
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 09:48Permalink
    I wonder if they ever realized they didn't put a description for the last game. Honk really doesn't tell you what it's about.
  • Posted on 13 February 20 at 20:02Permalink
    I got all of them done but HFF is the best for sure. It feels good once you learn tricks to make to avoid the annoying puzzles.
    DubstepEdgelord
  • Posted on 14 February 20 at 02:10Permalink
    Chameleon314 said:
    I wonder if they ever realized they didn't put a description for the last game. Honk really doesn't tell you what it's about.
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7417,660
  • KameraKamera596,118
    Posted on 14 February 20 at 18:58Permalink
    Once you get the controls down, HFF is a simple game despite the high TA ratio.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.