The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: February 11th, 2020

• CenosisCenosis264,261
    Posted on 11 February 20 at 14:18
    I'm looking forward to the Capcom Arcade Cabinet! I played most of those games in the arcades and a lot of their ports to different consoles. Last time it was on sale none of the game packs and/or the all-in-one pack were so I'm happy to finally get all those great games for only six bucks.

Also picking up Call of Juarez: BiB + Gunslinger and Sonic 3 + Knuckles.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy391,236
    Posted on 11 February 20 at 14:32
    TwistedTB said:
    superniceguy said:
    superniceguy said:
    ClassierPompano said:
    Yes finally a Xbox original game I haven't got on sale before: Sid Meir's Pirates
    Yeah, same here.

I just went to buy it but had a job to find it, as it is in S not P, for "Sid Meier's Pirates!" !
    Heads up!

I can not download the game. It gets to 80% downloaded then jumps immediately to 100% and says can not download. The game in storage is yellow and unknown, and says corrupted.

I've tried installing game to internal HDD and also external, without success. Other games download ok, and xbox 360 is newish so should not be failed HDDs.

It seems like the Minecraft issue where it is supposed to download but does not complete

I see game was only listed last year but thought it had been around since Xbox Originals joined Xbox 360

I will have to contact support.
    Out of curiosity, do you have an official Microsoft HDD as your main HD on your 360, or a generic one off of eBay or somewhere? Because to play Xbox originals on 360 you need an official Microsoft HDD, its the only one that has the correct partition to run the emulation apparently. You can get generic flashed hard drives on eBay and Amazon and elsewhere that will work just fine for everything else as far as storing 360 games, dlc and other media, but will not work to run Xbox originals emulation.
    It is an official HDD, the other Xbox Originals work ok.

Looking at the downloads of the other Xbox Originals they are flagged as a Xbox Original game, but Pirates is flagged as a Xbox 360 game.

It looks like the game was modified last year to work on Xbox ONE, and now no longer works on Xbox 360.

Another heads up - If you have it downloaded do not delete.

It is enhanced for Xbox ONE X, and it does indeed look great on the X.
  • SkarviTSkarviT198,933
    Posted on 11 February 20 at 15:36
    great discounts
  • Tatl360Tatl360373,046
    Posted on 11 February 20 at 15:42
    Cenosis said:
    I'm looking forward to the Capcom Arcade Cabinet! I played most of those games in the arcades and a lot of their ports to different consoles. Last time it was on sale none of the game packs and/or the all-in-one pack were so I'm happy to finally get all those great games for only six bucks.

Arcade Cabinet is another very hard completion I still need the courage to start. laugh
  • The NotoThe Noto543,584
    Posted on 11 February 20 at 16:21
    God damn. Great sale, but I really wanted Echo Six Pack 1.
  • EvilBilboXBLEvilBilboXBL599,842
    Posted on 11 February 20 at 16:25
    Another big 360 Assassins Creed sale, another no-show for Revelations and the DLC. Has that DLC ever been on sale? I feel like I've had it on my wishlist for years.
  • XB4XB4607,420
    Posted on 11 February 20 at 16:45
    Still no far cry predator.
  • Posted on 11 February 20 at 16:58
    superniceguy said:
    superniceguy said:
    superniceguy said:
    ClassierPompano said:
    Yes finally a Xbox original game I haven't got on sale before: Sid Meir's Pirates
    Yeah, same here.

I just went to buy it but had a job to find it, as it is in S not P, for "Sid Meier's Pirates!" !
    Heads up!

I can not download the game. It gets to 80% downloaded then jumps immediately to 100% and says can not download. The game in storage is yellow and unknown, and says corrupted.

I've tried installing game to internal HDD and also external, without success. Other games download ok, and xbox 360 is newish so should not be failed HDDs.

It seems like the Minecraft issue where it is supposed to download but does not complete

I see game was only listed last year but thought it had been around since Xbox Originals joined Xbox 360

It works on Xbox ONE. I did not think it did. In Xbox 360 it was flagged as not compatible with Xbox ONE. I bet it will be free with GWG next month!

Do not buy for Xbox 360
    For some reason they removed the BC flag from all the OG Xbox games several months ago (In the 360 store) All the ones that were previously flagged BC are still BC though. I thought the same about GWG, but hell, it was only $2.50.
    Hola
  • LiquidAgLiquidAg317,460
    Posted on 11 February 20 at 17:57
    Lan Mordreth said:
    MushaConvoy said:
    I grabbed a few 80% off Resident Evils, but just noticed... Operation Raccoon City has Echo Six Episode 2 discounted, but not Episode 1? Why Capcom??
    Episode 2 has been on sale a few times. I have no idea why they won't put Episode 1 on sale. I've been waiting for a long time for it. Guess I'll keep being patient...
    I noticed the same thing. I got Episode 2 on sale a while ago, but I just keep waiting for Episode 1.
    "I have a bad feeling about this..."
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285622,872
    Posted on 11 February 20 at 18:11
    Petrified said:
    I've been wanting to pick up Far Cry 4 for a while but It's not worth more than $5 on 360 but it never drops below that $11.99 price point. Seeing as how old the console is you'd think a firesale on games would equal more sales than overpricing them.
    Considering at this point they probably sell a couple hundred copies max either way they'll likely keep it at that price point
  • arty1977arty1977131,538
    Posted on 11 February 20 at 19:09, Edited on 11 February 20 at 19:10 by arty1977
    TwistedTB said:
    Out of curiosity, do you have an official Microsoft HDD as your main HD on your 360, or a generic one off of eBay or somewhere? Because to play Xbox originals on 360 you need an official Microsoft HDD, its the only one that has the correct partition to run the emulation apparently. You can get generic flashed hard drives on eBay and Amazon and elsewhere that will work just fine for everything else as far as storing 360 games, dlc and other media, but will not work to run Xbox originals emulation.
    you can flash the usually missing partition2 to "any" non-official hdds... (like one which you flashed by yourself)
    then you can download the compatibility update from live...
  • superniceguysuperniceguy391,236
    Posted on 11 February 20 at 20:22, Edited on 11 February 20 at 20:24 by superniceguy
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    superniceguy said:
    superniceguy said:
    superniceguy said:
    ClassierPompano said:
    Yeah, same here.

Heads up!

It works on Xbox ONE. I did not think it did. In Xbox 360 it was flagged as not compatible with Xbox ONE. I bet it will be free with GWG next month!

Do not buy for Xbox 360
    For some reason they removed the BC flag from all the OG Xbox games several months ago (In the 360 store) All the ones that were previously flagged BC are still BC though. I thought the same about GWG, but hell, it was only $2.50.
    I am still seeing the other original Xbox games being flagged BC for Xbox ONE in the 360 store, looking at the Star Wars games.

I think there is 2 versions of Pirates, the original, which is delisted, is called Sid Meier's Pirates (https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Sid-Meiers-Pirate...) and may not be Backwards Compatible on Xbox ONE, but the new one released 23rd Oct 2019 called Pirates (https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/Product/Pirates/66acd000-...) is BC, and found under S and not P.

When downloading/installing on Xbox ONE it was weird, as the games name and logo was missing and just had a generic Xbox logo, and instead of having option to manage game, it had option to manage app, and when .i selected it, it just started highlighting my previous downloads, showed about 40, then reset and started over, then I just quit. But once installed it showed the game and its logo properly and ran OK.

I do not have these problems with any other original xbox game.
  • kd rio 007kd rio 007376,173 376,173 GamerScore
    Posted on 11 February 20 at 23:06
    Why is the watch dogs season pass always on sale in fucking Brazil and Canada? What about the UK and EVERYWHERE ELSE? angry
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan209,139
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 01:35
    After going through this list, actually a REALLY good week as far as lower prices than previous, and a couple of rare/never-on-sale games up for sale this week.

1942 Joint Strike has NEVER been on sale as far as I can tell.
    Sid Meier's Pirates! (Xbox Original) has also never been on sale as far as I know.
    Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting last went on sale 8+ years ago (Nov 29, 2011), and is on sale for its best price.

I'll have a more thorough list later in the week.
  • Strider ZweiStrider Zwei286,145
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 01:56
    Been waiting for the opportunity to get Asura's Wrath and now is a great time to play it along with the DLC. Not sure if I'll get the Sonic trilogy now or wait, I've always wanted to get them all at once and marathon them.
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007210,140
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 03:20
    XBox Assassin83 said:
    I NVIII I said:
    No Borderlands dlc? what a fucking joke
    If you install Borderlands on a Xbox One, it gives you all the DLC for Free. It installs as GOTY Edition even if it's a vanilla copy.
    I have the digital Xbox 360 copy from Games with Gold. Does that mean I get all the dlc if I play it on my Xbox One X?
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 03:23, Edited on 12 February 20 at 03:30 by FireDrake007
    GT3OptionFan said:
    After going through this list, actually a REALLY good week as far as lower prices than previous, and a couple of rare/never-on-sale games up for sale this week.

1942 Joint Strike has NEVER been on sale as far as I can tell.
    Sid Meier's Pirates! (Xbox Original) has also never been on sale as far as I know.
    Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting last went on sale 8+ years ago (Nov 29, 2011), and is on sale for its best price.

I'll have a more thorough list later in the week.
    I think Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 is at an all time low. Lowest I have seen it on sale was at $3.99. It is $2.99 this week. It is also a console exclusive not available on PC so it was an automatic buy for me.

I am looking forward to your list later on the week before deciding on any more purchases.
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 03:29, Edited on 12 February 20 at 03:32 by FireDrake007
    superniceguy said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    superniceguy said:
    superniceguy said:
    superniceguy said:
    ClassierPompano said:
    Yeah, same here.

Heads up!

Do not buy for Xbox 360
    I am still seeing the other original Xbox games being flagged BC for Xbox ONE in the 360 store, looking at the Star Wars games.

I think there is 2 versions of Pirates, the original, which is delisted, is called Sid Meier's Pirates (https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Sid-Meiers-Pirate...) and may not be Backwards Compatible on Xbox ONE, but the new one released 23rd Oct 2019 called Pirates (https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/Product/Pirates/66acd000-...) is BC, and found under S and not P.

When downloading/installing on Xbox ONE it was weird, as the games name and logo was missing and just had a generic Xbox logo, and instead of having option to manage game, it had option to manage app, and when .i selected it, it just started highlighting my previous downloads, showed about 40, then reset and started over, then I just quit. But once installed it showed the game and its logo properly and ran OK.

I do not have these problems with any other original xbox game.
    That is interesting. I usually like buying OG Xbox games when on sale but considering I already have this game on PC and it works, I think I will not get this game on Xbox.

The title for the game on PC is Sid Meier's Pirates.
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 03:35, Edited on 12 February 20 at 04:14 by FireDrake007
    XB4 said:
    Still no far cry predator.
    I have never seen that on sale at the Xbox store. I ended up buying a disc copy instead.

Is Far Cry Classic still worth buying if you already have Predator? They are different versions of the same game but different enough I think to consider maybe buying both versions. Predator is more linear while Classic based on the PC version is longer and more open world.
  • CenosisCenosis264,261
    Posted on 12 February 20 at 03:47
    Tatl360 said:
    Cenosis said:

Arcade Cabinet is another very hard completion I still need the courage to start. laugh
    I didn't happen to look beforehand but with only 59 completions I assume I won't be making that list either but with this collection it'll just be fun playing all those old games again. I'll be happy with getting most of the achievements and maybe grinding out a couple hard ones.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.