Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Remedy tease new project and hint at possible Xbox Series X version of Control

• NappydugoutNappydugout369,291
    Posted on 14 February 20 at 16:28Permalink
    Would love to stack this game on Series X
  • Posted on 14 February 20 at 16:47Permalink
    "long-term service-based multiplayer"

am i the only person reading that words with jim sterlings voice? clap
  • stebeer85stebeer85449,279
    Posted on 14 February 20 at 16:48Permalink
    I prefer them concentrating on getting more X360 BC. They need to make sure to get some sort off BC full license so any game releases on Xbox stays with ANY MS XBOX in future, No matter what Gen it is, So we don’t have the same problem we had with X360 waiting for permission, Just imagine this was implace for 360 we would now have every Xbox 360 game on Xbox one. Now that is a Library.
    Gamesmaster
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn237,982
    Posted on 14 February 20 at 16:59Permalink
    Dutch x Monster said:
    psybOltOn said:
    My understanding was that they'll stop with re-releases as everything will be BC, and only the visual settings will differ on different platforms. I could imagine an X enhanced-style patch but a new release? I guess it's good to wait with buying the game.

Dutch x Monster said:
    So.... Alan Wake Capcom love and Care Remaster, when? Control was ok from playing it on the pc deffo mid tier game, but from a Microsoft funded studio they haven't done near enough in recent years and No Quantum Break is not a good game
    Remedy is not MS funded.
    Really ? So thats why most of its games from recent years have been released under Microsoft Game studios ? After tencent they started doing things like control hence its being multi platform, since that sweet china money will do it for any studuo. I can tell for a fact if microsoft didn't intervene after they stopped working for rockstar after max payne 2 in favor of rockstar taking the IP. We wouldnt have any games after Max Payne 2 and prolly this studio would have been defunct or atleast being vaccuumed into a bigger company. Max Payne released by remedy in '03 and next game they ever made was Alan Wake in '10 Only control is published by 505 and their mobile games under their own name. The next game Cross Fire X and its TBA HDs will be Microsoft Game Studios games aswell, its deffo funded by ms in a way if you like it or not.
    Dude you need to relax, your writing is close to incomprehensible. It is not about liking it or not, it is about facts. Remedy is NOT an MS funded company. You wrote recent years and then you talk about games like 15 years ago.
  • Posted on 14 February 20 at 17:43, Edited on 14 February 20 at 17:51 by Dutch x MonsterPermalink
    psybOltOn said:
    Dutch x Monster said:
    psybOltOn said:
    My understanding was that they'll stop with re-releases as everything will be BC, and only the visual settings will differ on different platforms. I could imagine an X enhanced-style patch but a new release? I guess it's good to wait with buying the game.

Dutch x Monster said:
    So.... Alan Wake Capcom love and Care Remaster, when? Control was ok from playing it on the pc deffo mid tier game, but from a Microsoft funded studio they haven't done near enough in recent years and No Quantum Break is not a good game
    Remedy is not MS funded.
    Really ? So thats why most of its games from recent years have been released under Microsoft Game studios ? After tencent they started doing things like control hence its being multi platform, since that sweet china money will do it for any studuo. I can tell for a fact if microsoft didn't intervene after they stopped working for rockstar after max payne 2 in favor of rockstar taking the IP. We wouldnt have any games after Max Payne 2 and prolly this studio would have been defunct or atleast being vaccuumed into a bigger company. Max Payne released by remedy in '03 and next game they ever made was Alan Wake in '10 Only control is published by 505 and their mobile games under their own name. The next game Cross Fire X and its TBA HDs will be Microsoft Game Studios games aswell, its deffo funded by ms in a way if you like it or not.
    Dude you need to relax, your writing is close to incomprehensible. It is not about liking it or not, it is about facts. Remedy is NOT an MS funded company. You wrote recent years and then you talk about games like 15 years ago.
    Since there are none dude 2003 was their last project: Max Payne 2. 7 years nothing then its Alan Wake in 2010.

From that point on their only game not published as a MS exclusive is: Control last year. Their new announced game Cross Blade X will also be a Xbox 1/Win10 exclusive.

I quote for you since you don't.

"Control was developed by Remedy Entertainment. As their first major release since their initial public offering in 2017 and separation from Microsoft as a publishing partner"

Source: Wikipedia Page on Control

So yeah all their prior titles

Alan Wake(American Nightmare) and Quantum Break were funded by Microsoft since they had to pay for exclusivity to these IPs. Since neither of these are Released outside Xbox.

(Epic Games does the same with their pc gaming store. Game devs get huge amount of money for making their game exclusive to that system/store)

Their new release could be the introduction into the Asian market. Google: Crossfire. Its good that Microsoft helps Remedy to publish it on the Xbox and Win10. Since this will never hit any european markets in the sheer amount it reaches in asia. Crossfires Net worth in 2018 was: 10.8 billion USD and is in the TOP 5 grossing games ever made. With 8million users active. With 750million created accounts....

And is in the top 3 most played games in China....

And the single player aspects with only be released on Xbox 1 and Windows 10 and the new installment: Crossfire X will be a possible exclusive to MS. You bet your ass MS is funding this so it succeeds. Imagine atleast 10% of that player base buying the game thats. 75million copies. Thats just 10%.

If you think otherwise men you believe in dreams
    All bad games are GoTY's imo how can you as a company allow shit to come on your name its such bravery if you ask me
  • Iggsy81Iggsy81263,496
    Posted on 14 February 20 at 20:20Permalink
    This won't be a popular opinion but i thought QB was better than Control, that being said they're both great.
  • Posted on 14 February 20 at 20:47Permalink
    Im the minority here, but i thought this game was exceptionally mediocre and completely forgettable. Too each their own.
    Matthew
  • JDFurbzJDFurbz570,526
    Posted on 15 February 20 at 00:16Permalink
    Come on Remedy, just make Alan Wake 2 already!

Also, i loved Control...cool and atmospheric with really fun, intuitive controls. Nothings better than floating in the air and bringing the room down on your enemy's head. And that morphing gun...awesome!
  • Posted on 15 February 20 at 00:34Permalink
    Dutch x Monster said:
    Visions of Gore said:
    Dutch x Monster said:
    Quantum Break was awesome. Fight meangry
    Sure easy, look up the price of a second hand copy of Alan Wake and Quantum Break

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/alan-wake

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/quantum-break

And decide on the user reviews not the outlet reviews, take your pick id say the price of an Alan Wake which locally here costs peanuts is a good and justifiable price also it being upscaled on X1 X makes it a very enjoyable and decently ages game. Quantum Break from what I remember what quite forgettable when it released, but so was American Nightmare. Graphically yeah props to QB but people have been asking for Alan Awake for a decade now since release and still not even a single thing on it by Remedy. Control was good fun but that minimap mate no just no
    I don't give a shit about what reviews say. I'm not comparing QB to Alan Wake, or any other game. You said "Quantum Break is not a good game". I'm saying that IT IS a good game (this is basing that statement on the merits of the game itself, and my personal time playing that game, NOT on other peoples opinions or comparisons to other games)
  • SkarviTSkarviT123,299
    Posted on 15 February 20 at 03:03Permalink
    End year :(
  • Posted on 15 February 20 at 06:01Permalink
    Alan Wake 2 for Xbox Series X please? smile
  • Smudgenat0rSmudgenat0r607,297
    Posted on 15 February 20 at 15:50Permalink
    I have thoroughly enjoyed all Remedy games, Alan Wake is my favourite by far. I will fight anyone that says Quantum Break is a bad game. laugh

Will enjoy playing Control again on Series X, but still holding out hope for Alan Wake 2!
  • Inspector 74Inspector 74247,367
    Posted on 18 February 20 at 00:05Permalink
    Visions of Gore said:
    Dutch x Monster said:
    Quantum Break was awesome. Fight meangry
    Quantum Break, Alan Wake, Control and Max Payne are all very 'unique' titles 'very immersive' for me a 'Remedy' game has always been a bit special, I was hoping that Phil Spencer and company would have bought Remedy but theyre trouble isnt theyre portfolio (its fuckin sensational from my point of view) I think its the turnaround I mean thes guys are very high quality game producers but theyre games take forever to make either way these new projects are going to be something special and I cant wait to power up and go off on some mind fuck mission somewhere
    Remedy why not do Alan Wake 2 and Quantum Break 2???
    Never heard that one before have ya eh??
  • Posted on 18 February 20 at 02:43, Edited on 18 February 20 at 02:45 by obtuse languagePermalink
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Im the minority here, but i thought this game was exceptionally mediocre and completely forgettable. Too each their own.
    Yeah. It's definitely an art house game. The only thing I really remember is the maze... but other than that it was just meh.

Throw in the timed exclusivity on the first paid expansion and the gap between its original release that point in the future and I can't say care too much about the game, at least not at full price. Probably wouldn't bought it at launch had I not had points to spend.

If it doesn't have achievements then it'll be a pass.
  • Posted on 18 February 20 at 03:26Permalink
    obtuse language said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Yeah. It's definitely an art house game. The only thing I really remember is the maze... but other than that it was just meh.

Throw in the timed exclusivity on the first paid expansion and the gap between its original release that point in the future and I can't say care too much about the game, at least not at full price. Probably wouldn't bought it at launch had I not had points to spend.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Lol. Art house? That would imply it was a well written, intelligent game, with brilliant acting among incredible cinematography etc. If your using it in the same way you would consider a film, art house that is. This on the other hand, id liken to a campy D movie, something Ed Wood would’ve directed perhaps.
    Matthew
  • Posted on 18 February 20 at 20:01, Edited on 18 February 20 at 20:02 by obtuse languagePermalink
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    obtuse language said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Lol. Art house? That would imply it was a well written, intelligent game, with brilliant acting among incredible cinematography etc. If your using it in the same way you would consider a film, art house that is. This on the other hand, id liken to a campy D movie, something Ed Wood would’ve directed perhaps.
    IDK, do you consider Midsommar or It Follows to be art films? Even Drive is something of an art house type affair.

Control to me just seemed like that's what it tried really hard to be: art house... or as art house as a game built around creepypasta can be.... but I'd hardly consider art house to be a measure of great quality to much as approach and intent.
  • Posted on 18 February 20 at 20:19Permalink
    obtuse language said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    obtuse language said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:

IDK, do you consider Midsommar or It Follows to be art films? Even Drive is something of an art house type affair.

Control to me just seemed like that's what it tried really hard to be: art house... or as art house as a game built around creepypasta can be.... but I'd hardly consider art house to be a measure of great quality to much as approach and intent.
    Haha sorry, was a long day. But yea, id consider those films to be art films, yea. I agree that art house isnt a measure of quality for sure, i was over generalizing it lol. I completely agree with your assessment though, with regards to it "trying" to fit that niche. toast
    Matthew
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.