The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: February 25th, 2020

• PURESSENCEPURESSENCE866,243
    Posted on 25 February 20 at 14:13Permalink
    Nier, all the Dooms, Ducati Racing and The Clocker for me.
    Too much work, not enough games
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm374,998
    Posted on 25 February 20 at 15:03Permalink
    Thanatos522 said:
    I'm still leery about Nier. Not only in that it is potentially over-hyped but if it may eventually go on Game Pass. I know I'll never find it for 5 bucks used because it doesn't exist physically for Xbox but I might not ever by a game on sale again if this is on Game Pass next month.
    If anything, IMHO, NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition is under-hyped. Its predecessor, NIER, was a phenomenal game. Wired magazine listed it as one of the top ten most influential games of the decade. It had a compelling story and atmosphere that hit you with a visceral punch. Whereas I felt it was a great game, it was not one of my favorites because the combat mechanics were nothing to write home about and game play was somewhat ponderous.

NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition has everything that made NIER; but, in contrast, is sheer fun. Platinum games did a remarkable job on the controls. Movement and combat are stylish. Just going from point A to B is a pleasure. The player can set the difficulty across a wide spectrum of modes to ensure that combat is fun and not frustrating. I would recommend you watch this video review if you have not decided whether or not to buy the game: https://youtu.be/-NiyfG8Ctbo
  • KJer25KJer25651,829
    Posted on 25 February 20 at 15:18Permalink
    Nier and Nier Automata were both fantastic games and should not be missed. Here’s hoping the sequel comes to Xbox the day and date of its release.
  • SeitzzSeitzz901,054
    Posted on 25 February 20 at 15:20Permalink
    BL3 is still tempting me at $50 for everything, but I'm still going to wait, most likely til all the DLC is out, just playing other things right now and it isn't worth it.
  • Thanatos522Thanatos522148,008
    Posted on 25 February 20 at 15:51Permalink
    Allgorhythm said:
    Thanatos522 said:
    I'm still leery about Nier. Not only in that it is potentially over-hyped but if it may eventually go on Game Pass. I know I'll never find it for 5 bucks used because it doesn't exist physically for Xbox but I might not ever by a game on sale again if this is on Game Pass next month.
    If anything, IMHO, NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition is under-hyped. Its predecessor, NIER, was a phenomenal game. Wired magazine listed it as one of the top ten most influential games of the decade. It had a compelling story and atmosphere that hit you with a visceral punch. Whereas I felt it was a great game, it was not one of my favorites because the combat mechanics were nothing to write home about and game play was somewhat ponderous.

NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition has everything that made NIER; but, in contrast, is sheer fun. Platinum games did a remarkable job on the controls. Movement and combat are stylish. Just going from point A to B is a pleasure. The player can set the difficulty across a wide spectrum of modes to ensure that combat is fun and not frustrating. I would recommend you watch this video review if you have not decided whether or not to buy the game: https://youtu.be/-NiyfG8Ctbo
    It'll be downloading as soon as I get the chance. I watched about 6 and a half minutes of the same review before you posted and stopped not to spoil any more of the eye candy, although I was still on the fence about it.

Now it's a done deal. I have to admit I was a little biased that while having no experience with the series 2B is just too cool in Soul Calibur VI.
  • Posted on 25 February 20 at 20:30Permalink
    Nier = SquareEnix = We'll definitely see it on sale a lot and possibly GWG or Gamepass.
    I'm in no hurry to add SquareEnix nor UbiSoft games to my backlog anytime soon.
    This space for rent.
  • Posted on 25 February 20 at 20:57, Edited on 25 February 20 at 20:59 by MrZombieChickenPermalink
    smakzillaa said:
    Fair warning on Graveyard Keeper, but the last update in 2019 kind of broke a good portion of the achievements
    How so? I played the game until it was yanked off Gamepass. I bought it a few weeks ago, but haven't had the time to re-acclimate to it. What did they break?

Edit: Oh this is bad -> Achievement not unlocking
    This space for rent.
  • Rista BRista B490,746
    Posted on 25 February 20 at 21:20Permalink
    Lord Von Chimp said:
    Sad.
    Just been made redundant from my job so spending has to be zero until it's sorted out, and Nier finally goes on sale...

cry
    Sorry to hear about your job. Hope you land a new one soon.
    Rest in peace Ryan Hayward, a fellow gamer taken too soon.
  • Posted on 26 February 20 at 00:18Permalink
    Valentino Rossi or Ducati? I'm leaning towards Rossi as it has a bit more variety. Anyone played both and able to compare them? Are they roughly equal on the sim to arcade scale?
  • Posted on 26 February 20 at 00:43Permalink
    Do you recommand me to buy Doom 1 and 2 on Xbox One if I already got them on Xbox360 please?
    I don't know what the difference is between the One and 360 version except for the online.
  • Posted on 26 February 20 at 04:04Permalink
    JuIIIian said:
    I know Nier is on Steam, But Man that would awesome if it came to Wndows 10 and had achievements. I would Be so Happy
    That’s what I’m hoping for! compute
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm374,998
    Posted on 26 February 20 at 15:49Permalink
    Thanatos522 said:
    Now it's a done deal. I have to admit I was a little biased that while having no experience with the series 2B is just too cool in Soul Calibur VI.
    The game takes place in the far future of the NIER story. So, you don't need to have played the first game to follow the story. Those who have played NIER will appreciate the allusions to the earlier game. If you like Automata, you'll probably want to play the earlier game. IMHO, NIER has some of the best voice acting in video games and the dialog is phenomenal.

2B is super cool wherever she appears. I customized my playable characters in Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades & CODE VEIN to look like her and named them 2B. CODE VEIN has very sophisticated customization features and I was able to closely replicate the look. The character customization in Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades is much more limited. Still, 2B is extremely badass. Here she is at level one taking a level 99 boss to the woodshed: https://youtu.be/bswv9wpVfaA
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483214,336
    Posted on 26 February 20 at 21:33Permalink
    I've also jumped on the Nier train. No ideas when I'll get round to playing it but at least I know I own it now, and I used a £5 reward card to get it for even less.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,138,391
    Posted on 27 February 20 at 11:22Permalink
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    Valentino Rossi or Ducati? I'm leaning towards Rossi as it has a bit more variety. Anyone played both and able to compare them? Are they roughly equal on the sim to arcade scale?
    They are pretty much the same game when it comes to the bike portion. Rossi has cars too and I absolutely hated that part. I'd go with Ducati if I had to choose one.
    Always number 2.
    Posted on 27 February 20 at 11:26Permalink
    MrZombieChicken said:
    smakzillaa said:
    Fair warning on Graveyard Keeper, but the last update in 2019 kind of broke a good portion of the achievements
    How so? I played the game until it was yanked off Gamepass. I bought it a few weeks ago, but haven't had the time to re-acclimate to it. What did they break?

Edit: Oh this is bad -> Achievement not unlocking
    I want to say that all sounds like base game only, so those of us needing the DLC only should be ok? I wish for everyone's sake it would be properly patched, but I'm counting on the DLC working as that's all I need from the game.
    Always number 2.
    Posted on 27 February 20 at 11:28Permalink
    EtInArcadiaEgoO said:
    Do you recommand me to buy Doom 1 and 2 on Xbox One if I already got them on Xbox360 please?
    I don't know what the difference is between the One and 360 version except for the online.
    For this price yes! You also get all of Final Doom, Master levels, Sigil, and no rest for the living. You get new achievement lists and 60 fps with co-op features. If you're a Doom fan, get it.
    Always number 2.
  • Posted on 27 February 20 at 12:27Permalink
    buttmudBrooks said:
    EtInArcadiaEgoO said:
    For this price yes! You also get all of Final Doom, Master levels, Sigil, and no rest for the living. You get new achievement lists and 60 fps with co-op features. If you're a Doom fan, get it.
    Great! I will take them, Thanks you very much for your advice buttmudBrooks :)
    Posted on 27 February 20 at 15:45Permalink
    EtInArcadiaEgoO said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    EtInArcadiaEgoO said:
    Great! I will take them, Thanks you very much for your advice buttmudBrooks :)
    No problem, I'll always recommend Doom. I also got Doom 3, which is $7 off from the normal price. I'm playing through Doom 2016 on PS4 as I already finished the X1 version (minus the multiplayer DLC). All in preparation for Doom Eternal and 64.
    Always number 2.
  • Posted on 27 February 20 at 15:56Permalink
    smakzillaa said:
    Came here for this, as the Xbox reviews say the same. Guess I'll never get to play this game. Probably a good time to start submitting these as unobtainable.

Anyway, will likely grab the Doom games. As someone who doesn't like playing the retro games that I lived through, somehow Doom games hold up amazingly.
  • Posted on 27 February 20 at 18:57Permalink
    buttmudBrooks said:
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    They are pretty much the same game when it comes to the bike portion. Rossi has cars too and I absolutely hated that part. I'd go with Ducati if I had to choose one.
    Thanks. May I ask why you hated the cars in Rossi? Were they bad to drive, in some other way poorly implemented or are you just not a fan of car games and didn't want them in your bike game?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.