Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

March Games with Gold: Batman: The Enemy Within, Sonic Generations and more

• AhayzoAhayzo680,098
    Posted on 26 February 20 at 13:08Permalink
    NoApologies1988 said:
    I could be wrong but hasn't LOS2 been a GWG already?
    No, the first once was
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • Myckel JayMyckel Jay238,419
    Posted on 26 February 20 at 14:35Permalink
    Is Batman gonna be just episode again?
  • AhayzoAhayzo680,098
    Posted on 26 February 20 at 15:27Permalink
    Myckel Jay said:
    Is Batman gonna be just episode again?
    It's the full season, just like the last was
  • REDWINGS05REDWINGS05497,574
    Posted on 26 February 20 at 15:33Permalink
    Best part of GWG, free games, even if I don't end up playing them. they are all free so I don't feel bad if I don't. I have downloaded almost every one, minus a few months where I couldn't, and have played maybe a 3rd. But I didn't pay a dime for the 2/3 that I didn't play so who cares? Enjoy the program for what it is, there was a time where your $60/year didn't get you anything in return other than playing online. Just be grateful people.
  • Posted on 26 February 20 at 16:55Permalink
    I love GWG. I'll get a good month here or there and get a game I want to play, but more than once I've just grabbed them anyways, and when I was sharing my console my roomate's kid got to play all kinds of stuff.
  • Posted on 26 February 20 at 17:47Permalink
    I feel bad for the people who bought Sonic Generations when it was on sale last week hahacry. Decent lineup though. Nice to have another telltale game on my backlog for when I need to grind out an easy 1k!
  • AhayzoAhayzo680,098
    Posted on 26 February 20 at 19:49Permalink
    The S bot 9000 said:
    I feel bad for the people who bought Sonic Generations when it was on sale last week hahacry. Decent lineup though. Nice to have another telltale game on my backlog for when I need to grind out an easy 1k!
    Yea that was me. It was only $10, so [shrug]
  • Guirec730Guirec730317,458
    Posted on 26 February 20 at 19:56Permalink
    Sensei Neo said:
    I fancy Castlevania but the achievements look annoying
    If you are a completionist, they are. I'd say they are overall MUCH easier than LoS1 or Mirror of Fate, and you'll get 80% or so normally. The Kleidos challenges are INSANE, though. And you have a crapton of collectibles. DLC is meh.
    State of the badass art.
  • Guirec730Guirec730317,458
    Posted on 26 February 20 at 19:59Permalink
    WarningRabbit95 said:
    Haven’t tried any of these apart from Castlevania so I’m excited about this news. Although lords of shadow 2 was difficult to get into, I normally don’t get over critical about storylines but from what I remember the first L.O.S. was great and the 2nd was meh.
    It's...kind of a tough sell. I won't spoil for those that haven't jumped in but the main protagonist has some pretty hefty issues that make him very difficult to identify with. Overall, it gets to a decent place by the time the end roles along, with a couple of good twists...and the music is still fantastic.

I wasn't super crazy about the Quake 2 looking alt-future, but I really liked the large "3D Metroidvania" map, opposed to the short mini-levels of the original.
    State of the badass art.
  • abood77abood7796,658
    Posted on 26 February 20 at 20:02Permalink
    Nice month
    i want 3 games in the list
  • Posted on 26 February 20 at 20:22Permalink
    Quick and easy 1,000G for batman.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,114,941
    Posted on 26 February 20 at 23:32Permalink
    Guirec730 said:
    Sensei Neo said:
    I fancy Castlevania but the achievements look annoying
    If you are a completionist, they are. I'd say they are overall MUCH easier than LoS1 or Mirror of Fate, and you'll get 80% or so normally. The Kleidos challenges are INSANE, though. And you have a crapton of collectibles. DLC is meh.
    Thanks, maybe ill give that a miss then
  • FishyyFishyy233,898
    Posted on 26 February 20 at 23:40Permalink
    YESSSS!!! lezzzgooooo ive been wanting sonic generations foreverrrrr but i just wasnt willing to drop 20 on that old ass game and i could never find it in used game stores. yeeeeeeettttttt
  • Y2Kasper10Y2Kasper101,110,511
    Posted on 27 February 20 at 01:00Permalink
    No fun for me. I own 3 of them already and played a 4th on Game Pass
    I like stuff
  • LambOfGoreLambOfGore194,378
    Posted on 27 February 20 at 08:09Permalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Some games are guaranteed to come to GwG - Assassins Creed, Forza, LEGO and Telltale. Having never bought a Telltale game, I am keen to play the Batman games.

The trend will continue of GwG getting ex-GamePass games (so long as GwG continues).
    Really enjoyed The Enemy Within.
  • Posted on 27 February 20 at 12:52Permalink
    I will take them all thanks rock
    ZiMba 4 LiFE II
  • MushaConvoyMushaConvoy763,292
    Posted on 27 February 20 at 15:27Permalink
    I got excited when I saw Shantae, I started the game recently and its fantastic. I've got the original (Half-Genie Hero) game, was excited to think GwG was giving me the Ultimate Edition... but now Im not so sure.

Seems obvious they're giving the original (HGH) game away for free to try and scum money off the DLC when the Ultimate version has been out for a while (and on Game Pass too if I remember right). Would have double-up'd and played both original + ultimate for the extra achievement set, but looks like I wont.
  • AhayzoAhayzo680,098
    Posted on 27 February 20 at 15:47Permalink
    MushaConvoy said:
    Seems obvious they're giving the original (HGH) game away for free to try and scum money off the DLC when the Ultimate version has been out for a while (and on Game Pass too if I remember right). Would have double-up'd and played both original + ultimate for the extra achievement set, but looks like I wont.
    I mean, that's kind of the appeal to publishers for any of their games with DLC on GwG, and it's probably even a benefit Microsoft advertises to them. It's not exactly a secret, and there's nothing wrong with it. You give things away cheap or free to encourage other sales. Hell, our consoles themselves barely make Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo any money.
  • Flook666Flook666234,139
    Posted on 27 February 20 at 15:52Permalink
    Bah! I already own these...all pretty decent though! ☺
    Let's go Mr. Driver!
  • Matton ChopsMatton Chops163,140
    Posted on 27 February 20 at 17:21Permalink
    Looking forward to Batman -- I was going to rush through it on xCloud since it's on there but not on Game Pass, and I wasn't sure how long it would be available. Makes me wonder if other games currently exclusive to xCloud will come to Game Pass or GWG (Ace Combat 7, DayZ, etc)...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.