Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Activision "discontinued" game list updated – Band Hero, DJ Hero and more

  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,168,482
    Posted on 28 February 20 at 19:36
    sad to see DJ Hero 1 and 2 go.

    but I knew 2 would eventually due to the connecting to server msg in-game.

    glad to have boosted it a long hot summer, 8 years ago. and thanks to my partner who will remain nameless (you know who you are)
  • Shadowless EdgeShadowless Edge1,076,039
    Posted on 28 February 20 at 20:03
    I can confirm at this point in the following:

    DJ Hero: online achievements ARE UNLOCKABLE.
    DJ Hero 2 online achievements ARE NOT.
    WOLFENSTEIN Servers are still up, SO I ASSUME ARE UNLOCKABLE.
    METALLICA servers are down.
    BAND HERO still testing at this stage.
  • WiznyattWiznyatt1,247,013
    Posted on 28 February 20 at 20:15
    Man I'd love a shot at DJ Hero 2. It's too bad I have to rely on server shutdown notices for my motivation. Now I am filled with regret.
  • EthigyEthigy830,422
    Posted on 28 February 20 at 21:09
    Shadowless Edge said:
    I can confirm at this point in the following:

    DJ Hero: online achievements ARE UNLOCKABLE.
    DJ Hero 2 online achievements ARE NOT.
    WOLFENSTEIN Servers are still up, SO I ASSUME ARE UNLOCKABLE.
    METALLICA servers are down.
    BAND HERO still testing at this stage.
    Hopping on Wolfenstein as soon as my second copy arrives. Can’t trust any gaming company nowadays.
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007163,595
    Posted on 28 February 20 at 21:15, Edited on 28 February 20 at 21:24 by FireDrake007
    I don't like seeing Goldeneye 007 Reloaded losing online support. I don't have it but I do have other Bond games Quantum of Solace and Bloodstone.

    I just looked at Activision's discontinued list and saw both games on it. Does that mean that I can no longer accomplish the multiplayer achievements on it?
  • Posted on 28 February 20 at 21:17
    I don't think Wolfenstein (2009) has dedicated servers? I thought it was P2P?

    Does the rank based achievement rely on the leaderboards?
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl179,404
    Posted on 29 February 20 at 01:59
    Articles like these need to mention that the vast majority of multiplayer games on Xbox use peer-to-peer matchmaking, which is a service that Microsoft pays for, not the publishers. An end to publisher support only means an end to online multiplayer if the game requires dedicated servers that the publisher needs to continue maintaining.

    I can't speak to these specific games, but that's the reason that so many 360 games are still playable online.
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB878,099
    Posted on 29 February 20 at 02:50
    Yeah if the servers are peer-to-peer they should be up as long as Xbox Live for 360 is up. So good to know that Wolfenstein is peer-to-peer. I think the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games are too.
    Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
  • anthonyd46anthonyd461,340,403
    Posted on 29 February 20 at 06:40
    What about Quantum of Solace and 007 Legends?
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007163,595
    Posted on 29 February 20 at 06:43, Edited on 29 February 20 at 06:44 by FireDrake007
    anthonyd46 said:
    What about Quantum of Solace and 007 Legends?
    Let me know if you want to try playing online on Quantum of Solace. I still haven't finished the campaign yet, but I would also like to get the multiplayer achievements if possible.
  • anthonyd46anthonyd461,340,403
    Posted on 29 February 20 at 20:26
    FireDrake007 said:
    anthonyd46 said:
    What about Quantum of Solace and 007 Legends?
    Let me know if you want to try playing online on Quantum of Solace. I still haven't finished the campaign yet, but I would also like to get the multiplayer achievements if possible.
    Totally its one of those games I've been wanting to do for years, but just never got around to it. Copies are game stop are only $2.99 and its B2 g2 free sale at gamestop and i have 2 American Xbox 360s so I could put an extra account in. No idea if the game is region free but I also have a uk xbox and japanese xbox so could do 4 accounts if needed if it is region free.
  • psportalpsportal184,358
    Posted on 29 February 20 at 22:15
    I tweeted at both Activision and Activision Support. At the time of this writing, I have not yet received a response.

    What a crying shame! I had two online achievements left for DJ Hero 2. I refuse to give up hope, for all of you guys.....
    M.A.K.
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007163,595
    Posted on 01 March 20 at 00:35, Edited on 04 March 20 at 21:01 by FireDrake007
    anthonyd46 said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    anthonyd46 said:
    What about Quantum of Solace and 007 Legends?
    Let me know if you want to try playing online on Quantum of Solace. I still haven't finished the campaign yet, but I would also like to get the multiplayer achievements if possible.
    Totally its one of those games I've been wanting to do for years, but just never got around to it. Copies are game stop are only $2.99 and its B2 g2 free sale at gamestop and i have 2 American Xbox 360s so I could put an extra account in. No idea if the game is region free but I also have a uk xbox and japanese xbox so could do 4 accounts if needed if it is region free.
    Cool. Adding you to my friend list. My GT is FireDrake007.

    I still have to finish the single player campaign first of Quantum of Solace and some other gamepass games, but hopefully we can try completing the multiplayer achievements along with a few others I can find who might be interested.
  • CrysisWarXX3CrysisWarXX3572,193
    Posted on 01 March 20 at 04:38
    Has someone tested Transformers server ?
  • Posted on 01 March 20 at 10:56
    Yesterday, I decided to look through and see what Retail Games I got on the XBox 360 by Activision, have their Servers still up and running. So I'll provide you a list with what I found out. I tested these on my Main Account & a Dummy Account.

    Quake 4 Achievements & Quake 4 (DE) Achievements - Believe these are "Fine" as I can still access the Leaderboards in the game.
    Soldier of Fortune: Payback Achievements & Soldier of Fortune: Payback (AU) Achievements - "Fine" - Got into a Match Solely. But you need people to start Matches.
    Blur Achievements - "Fine" - There we're actually Random people still playing this game when I checked it. It's still popular with Randoms.
    Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Achievements - I would guess this is somewhat "Fine", but not 100% certain. Don't want to currently risk this with the threat of Achievements becoming Partly Discontinued/Unobtainable on me.
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland Achievements - "Fine"
    James Bond 007: Blood Stone Achievements - "Fine"
    Transformers: War For Cybertron Achievements - This one is "Fine", but it took me ages to get a Public Escalation Lobby. Luckily, Escalation can be done in Private Lobbies. Public Lobbies for Multiplayer are Fine.
    GoldenEye 007: Reloaded Achievements - Dead - Cannot access XBox Live Multiplayer
    James Bond: 007 Legends Achievements - Dead - Cannot access XBox Live Multiplayer
    Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (Xbox 360) Achievements - "Fine"
    Wolfenstein Achievements - "Fine"
    NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 Achievements - "Fine" - Known as Millenium Championship Paintball 2009 in Europe/United Kingdom
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Achievements - "Fine" - DLC is De-Listed though.
    Singularity Achievements - "Fine"
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Xbox 360) Achievements - "Fine"
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon Achievements - Dead - Left the game on the Main Menu when it clicked XBox Live Multiplayer on my Dummy account, and it just simply did not work. Strange they managed to kill this one off. Thought it was Peer-To-Peer

    Hope this helps. Get Boosting Everyone!
  • Posted on 01 March 20 at 19:49
    I liked it when TA organized a big music games cooperative event a few years ago which helped get a lot of the complicated multiplayer achievements done. I was hoping that would be an annual affair, but it didn't happen. Of course, we can always make our own gaming sessions, but it was nice when the whole community was prioritizing those achievements. I still had a bunch more to do.
  • EthigyEthigy830,422
    Posted on 01 March 20 at 20:06
    BulgyDragonZord said:
    Yesterday, I decided to look through and see what Retail Games I got on the XBox 360 by Activision, have their Servers still up and running. So I'll provide you a list with what I found out. I tested these on my Main Account & a Dummy Account.

    Quake 4 Achievements & Quake 4 (DE) Achievements - Believe these are "Fine" as I can still access the Leaderboards in the game.
    Soldier of Fortune: Payback Achievements & Soldier of Fortune: Payback (AU) Achievements - "Fine" - Got into a Match Solely. But you need people to start Matches.
    Blur Achievements - "Fine" - There we're actually Random people still playing this game when I checked it. It's still popular with Randoms.
    Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Achievements - I would guess this is somewhat "Fine", but not 100% certain. Don't want to currently risk this with the threat of Achievements becoming Partly Discontinued/Unobtainable on me.
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland Achievements - "Fine"
    James Bond 007: Blood Stone Achievements - "Fine"
    Transformers: War For Cybertron Achievements - This one is "Fine", but it took me ages to get a Public Escalation Lobby. Luckily, Escalation can be done in Private Lobbies. Public Lobbies for Multiplayer are Fine.
    GoldenEye 007: Reloaded Achievements - Dead - Cannot access XBox Live Multiplayer
    James Bond: 007 Legends Achievements - Dead - Cannot access XBox Live Multiplayer
    Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (Xbox 360) Achievements - "Fine"
    Wolfenstein Achievements - "Fine"
    NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 Achievements - "Fine" - Known as Millenium Championship Paintball 2009 in Europe/United Kingdom
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Achievements - "Fine" - DLC is De-Listed though.
    Singularity Achievements - "Fine"
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Xbox 360) Achievements - "Fine"
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon Achievements - Dead - Left the game on the Main Menu when it clicked XBox Live Multiplayer on my Dummy account, and it just simply did not work. Strange they managed to kill this one off. Thought it was Peer-To-Peer

    Hope this helps. Get Boosting Everyone!
    Appreciate the info. Hopefully the other Transformers stay running as I’d like to complete those eventually.
  • anthonyd46anthonyd461,340,403
    Posted on 02 March 20 at 06:25
    Can confirm Quantum Of Solace still works.
  • Posted on 02 March 20 at 14:09
    A Dreadful Shot said:
    BulgyDragonZord said:
    Yesterday, I decided to look through and see what Retail Games I got on the XBox 360 by Activision, have their Servers still up and running. So I'll provide you a list with what I found out. I tested these on my Main Account & a Dummy Account.

    Quake 4 Achievements & Quake 4 (DE) Achievements - Believe these are "Fine" as I can still access the Leaderboards in the game.
    Soldier of Fortune: Payback Achievements & Soldier of Fortune: Payback (AU) Achievements - "Fine" - Got into a Match Solely. But you need people to start Matches.
    Blur Achievements - "Fine" - There we're actually Random people still playing this game when I checked it. It's still popular with Randoms.
    Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Achievements - I would guess this is somewhat "Fine", but not 100% certain. Don't want to currently risk this with the threat of Achievements becoming Partly Discontinued/Unobtainable on me.
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland Achievements - "Fine"
    James Bond 007: Blood Stone Achievements - "Fine"
    Transformers: War For Cybertron Achievements - This one is "Fine", but it took me ages to get a Public Escalation Lobby. Luckily, Escalation can be done in Private Lobbies. Public Lobbies for Multiplayer are Fine.
    GoldenEye 007: Reloaded Achievements - Dead - Cannot access XBox Live Multiplayer
    James Bond: 007 Legends Achievements - Dead - Cannot access XBox Live Multiplayer
    Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (Xbox 360) Achievements - "Fine"
    Wolfenstein Achievements - "Fine"
    NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 Achievements - "Fine" - Known as Millenium Championship Paintball 2009 in Europe/United Kingdom
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Achievements - "Fine" - DLC is De-Listed though.
    Singularity Achievements - "Fine"
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Xbox 360) Achievements - "Fine"
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon Achievements - Dead - Left the game on the Main Menu when it clicked XBox Live Multiplayer on my Dummy account, and it just simply did not work. Strange they managed to kill this one off. Thought it was Peer-To-Peer

    Hope this helps. Get Boosting Everyone!
    Appreciate the info. Hopefully the other Transformers stay running as I’d like to complete those eventually.
    If you really want to complete the other Transformers games, you might want to do it soon, than waiting to eventually get to them...
    Hola
  • III JMcH IIIIII JMcH III1,514,765
    Posted on 03 March 20 at 00:54
    Goldeneye is down. 16 achievements discontinued
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.