Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft Sudoku (Mobile) now available worldwide on both iOS and Android

  • Posted on 28 February 20 at 19:05Permalink
    I didn't actually like Wordament, but Sudoku is the game of my people.
  • SeitzzSeitzz899,844
    Posted on 28 February 20 at 20:08Permalink
    IronInfidel47 said:
    I didn't actually like Wordament
    Sins
  • Posted on 28 February 20 at 21:06Permalink
    About time.
  • xTCxxTCx1,453,659
    Posted on 29 February 20 at 01:29Permalink
    Just curious why this even happened in the first place? Like why would any Developer not release it in the US/Canada firstly?
  • DemianDemian694,902
    Posted on 29 February 20 at 10:18Permalink
    Just in time, i finnaly 100% Microsoft Wordament yesterday, dance
  • JedEganJedEgan592,146
    Posted on 29 February 20 at 10:42Permalink
    Giincee said:
    My progress on achievements and daily challenges got reset after I closed the app
    Same here, very annoying.
  • RacxieRacxie368,188
    Posted on 29 February 20 at 11:15Permalink
    Damn, didn’t realise this had already come out in UK however long ago or I could have started playing it a lot sooner. Oh well, better late than never.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw303,375
    Posted on 29 February 20 at 14:53Permalink
    xTCx said:
    Just curious why this even happened in the first place? Like why would any Developer not release it in the US/Canada firstly?
    More self entitlement shown here.
  • Myckel JayMyckel Jay244,022
    Posted on 29 February 20 at 16:08Permalink
    Awesome. I wish Microsoft would make collection Minesweeper available on iOS too.
  • VykranthVykranth266,410
    Posted on 29 February 20 at 21:34Permalink
    I am confused now on the various Microsoft Sudoku version floating around: there is one with 1000 G on mobile but the Windows 10 version is available only on certain markets?
    I am still stuck on the Windows 8 version with 200 G, I would be delighted to get the new version
  • lightsup55lightsup55278,905
    Posted on 29 February 20 at 22:51, Edited on 29 February 20 at 22:57 by lightsup55Permalink
    Vykranth said:
    I am confused now on the various Microsoft Sudoku version floating around: there is one with 1000 G on mobile but the Windows 10 version is available only on certain markets?
    I am still stuck on the Windows 8 version with 200 G, I would be delighted to get the new version
    You're mistaken. The official Microsoft release (published by Microsoft Studios / developed by Arkadium) is available on Windows 8 (worldwide markets, excluding Japan) and Windows 8 (Japan only). There is no separate Windows 10 release, however, the Windows 8 releases will run on Windows 10.

    The official Microsoft release for mobile devices (published by Xbox Game Studios / developed by Behaviour Interactive) is available on iOS and Android devices.

    There are a few other Sudoku titles, but most of them are published/developed by a third-party and may only be available on other platforms. Some of them might be delisted by now (as noted).


    As for other Sudoku games, here is the entire list that has achievements (sorted by platform).

    Xbox 360:
    Buku Sudoku - worldwide, excluding Mexico and Japan (delisted)
    Buku Sudoku (MX) - Mexico only (delisted)
    Buku Sudoku (JP) - Japan only (delisted)

    Windows 8*:
    Microsoft Sudoku (Win 8) - worldwide, excluding Japan
    Microsoft Sudoku (JP) (Win 8) - Japan only
    Puzzle by Nikoli X Sudoku (Win 8) (delisted)

    Windows Phone**:
    Sudoku (WP)

    iOS / Android:
    Microsoft Sudoku (Mobile)


    Notes:
    * These titles should run on Windows 10 with the same achievement list.
    ** These titles can only be purchased/reinstalled on a Windows Phone that runs Windows 10 Mobile.
  • Drazer76Drazer76521,741
    Posted on 29 February 20 at 23:23Permalink
    Further, this new one is part of the new Rereleasing of their titles under Microsoft Casual Games line.

    After Wordament they did a vote on their site or social media for which they would release next, so this was the one I suppose.

    But they had said they are going to go through all their game titles, presumably each getting 1000g for the new versions.
  • Posted on 01 March 20 at 09:44, Edited on 01 March 20 at 10:24 by Russell LeCroyPermalink
    W00T! I'm gonna download this bad boy right now. :D

    [Edit:]
    I'm having a bit of trouble finding it on Android. The name of the app is Microsoft Sudoku correct?
  • lightsup55lightsup55278,905
    Posted on 01 March 20 at 11:46Permalink
    Russell LeCroy said:
    W00T! I'm gonna download this bad boy right now. :D

    [Edit:]
    I'm having a bit of trouble finding it on Android. The name of the app is Microsoft Sudoku correct?
    Microsoft Sudoku from Microsoft Corporation.

    You can use the links above to install and to find other official Microsoft apps on the Google Play Store.
  • IHeartParamoreIHeartParamore1,116,843
    Posted on 01 March 20 at 11:59Permalink
    Johnny Broflex said:
    MakeMeACoffee said:
    Goods news is that sudoku puzzles have well defined solutions that can be determined lightning fast by any PC.

    Now all you have to do is tell your PC what the initial setup is. You could of course look at your phone and type it in on your PC, or you could let your PC take a screenshot of your phone, analyze the image and figure out the board.

    Then all you would have to do is enter the solution manually. Of course you could also use developer tools to simulate button presses on your phone and enter the final solution into your phone.

    This would mean all you would have to do is open the game and press a button on your PC and it could grind out 500 games automatically.

    And then you could open a daily challenge press a button and have the challenge completed for you in no time at all.

    compute
    Or just play it
    I'd second that. Just play it.
  • VykranthVykranth266,410
    Posted on 01 March 20 at 17:39Permalink
    lightsup55 said:
    Vykranth said:
    I am confused now on the various Microsoft Sudoku ... Snip to be lighter
    You're mistaken. The official Microsoft release (published by Microsoft Studios / developed by Arkadium) is available on Windows 8 (worldwide markets, excluding Japan) and Windows 8 (Japan only). There is no separate Windows 10 release, however, the Windows 8 releases will run on Windows 10.

    Snip to be lighter too ...
    Thank you for the explanation but in my games list on the XBox Companion app, I have two Microsoft Sudoku: the first one is the 200 G version which I completed, the second one has a gamerscore of 0/1000 which I would like to complete, not just because I want the 1000G but also because I do love Sudoku
  • lightsup55lightsup55278,905
    Posted on 01 March 20 at 18:05Permalink
    Vykranth said:
    lightsup55 said:
    Vykranth said:
    I am confused now on the various Microsoft Sudoku ... Snip to be lighter
    You're mistaken. The official Microsoft release (published by Microsoft Studios / developed by Arkadium) is available on Windows 8 (worldwide markets, excluding Japan) and Windows 8 (Japan only). There is no separate Windows 10 release, however, the Windows 8 releases will run on Windows 10.

    Snip to be lighter too ...
    Thank you for the explanation but in my games list on the XBox Companion app, I have two Microsoft Sudoku: the first one is the 200 G version which I completed, the second one has a gamerscore of 0/1000 which I would like to complete, not just because I want the 1000G but also because I do love Sudoku
    Well, unless they do plan to release a new version on Windows 10...

    When I clicked on View in Microsoft Store for the one with 0/1000 Gamerscore that you were talking about, it brought me to the Windows 8.1 version.

    Maybe there will be an official Windows 10 version of Sudoku in the future... either way, I don't know. It seems likely, considering there is now both Microsoft Treasure Hunt (Win 8) and Microsoft Treasure Hunt (Win 10).

    For now, don't worry about it. There is no other Microsoft Sudoku version available, not on Windows 10 or Windows Phone at the moment.
  • Posted on 02 March 20 at 11:08Permalink
    IHeartParamore said:
    Johnny Broflex said:
    MakeMeACoffee said:
    (...)
    Or just play it
    I'd second that. Just play it.
    You are probably right, but I was annoyed that the challenges didn't contribute to the 500 games played and didn't want to grind for ten hours for one achievement so I took the easy route.
  • VykranthVykranth266,410
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 08:32Permalink
    lightsup55 said:
    Well, unless they do plan to release a new version on Windows 10...

    When I clicked on View in Microsoft Store for the one with 0/1000 Gamerscore that you were talking about, it brought me to the Windows 8.1 version.

    Maybe there will be an official Windows 10 version of Sudoku in the future... either way, I don't know. It seems likely, considering there is now both Microsoft Treasure Hunt (Win 8) and Microsoft Treasure Hunt (Win 10).

    For now, don't worry about it. There is no other Microsoft Sudoku version available, not on Windows 10 or Windows Phone at the moment.
    I guess you are right: there is not much I can do about it for the moment. Still, it is a pity to be teased that much. This new Sudoku looks pretty good
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.