Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

UPDATE – Xbox Game Pass Quests Reward Points per increased overnight

• SeitzzSeitzz967,503
    Posted on 05 March 20 at 15:43
    Nice that they changed some of the point values back.
  • TheRealJoeSchmoTheRealJoeSchmo1,053,783
    Posted on 05 March 20 at 16:09
    Awesome! So glad they reverted some (not all), especially the monthly one worth 1000.
    TheRealJoeSchmo
  • SwanSwan234,965 234,965 GamerScore
    Posted on 05 March 20 at 17:04
    Looks like they saw our complaints
  • Posted on 05 March 20 at 17:09
    Definitely pays to be vocal.
  • I Boz lI Boz l790,952
    Posted on 05 March 20 at 17:47
    I Boz l said:
    I'd like to point that my quest for Tekken 7 is different. It says to win 3 matches in a tournament, so it's tied to that specific mode and not a simple online match
    Correction: italian translation in the app is probably wrong. It says "win 3 matches in a tournament" but you have to win 3 normal ranked matches
  • ugliugli440,910
    Posted on 05 March 20 at 17:55
    Would love to MS roll these available for more countries... cry
  • Drazer76Drazer76592,462
    Posted on 05 March 20 at 18:19
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Drazer76 said:
    I wonder if it’ll revert after the many complaints they’ll get from people annoyed..
    Sure. I’m also going to go to my bank later and complain that they aren’t giving me enough free money either. Wish me luck.
    Best get to that bank.
    😁
  • Posted on 05 March 20 at 19:19
    ADrunkDillweed said:
    Annoys me that they would change after the initial couple days given that it's time based. But the only ones you might have missed is the daily's and you have a buffer of like 20 daily missions. So I put the pitchfork back down.
    laughlaughlaugh
    Doc, Doc, noose
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285370,473
    Posted on 05 March 20 at 21:05
    Glad I was pissed and didn't bother with any of them yet. Time to get them points.

KrispyKr1tter66 said:
    I was already mad when they pulled February’s quests a lil early I was one daily away from those 1000 points and now looking at the points for this month I wonder is it truly worth it I mean I can earn more on bing than this!!!
    Not sure what you're on about. Not only was there an extra day this February over usual but it went til March 2nd. That's also not their fault if you missed by one day since it has like a weeks worth of leeway to get
  • BaltousPrimeBaltousPrime128,630
    Posted on 05 March 20 at 22:00
    It wouldn't surprise me if the first couple or so months they are going to be doing a lot of nerfing and buffing in order to find a happy balance
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007105,892
    Posted on 05 March 20 at 22:37, Edited on 05 March 20 at 22:38 by FireDrake007
    I am still not playing the game quests unless I really like them but will do the other daily and weekly quests if I have the time especially since they brought back the 1000 points for the monthly completionist quest.
  • Posted on 06 March 20 at 07:51
    Still barely worth the effort
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483232,281
    Posted on 06 March 20 at 17:23
    Most of them are still worth next to nothing, even some of the monthly quests. Screw it, I'm out. Uninstalling the mobile app now. Waste of time.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Drazer76Drazer76592,462
    Posted on 08 March 20 at 09:15
    ICE Faux Pirate said:
    ADrunkDillweed said:
    Annoys me that they would change after the initial couple days given that it's time based. But the only ones you might have missed is the daily's and you have a buffer of like 20 daily missions. So I put the pitchfork back down.
    laughlaughlaugh
    EazyE2285 said:
    Glad I was pissed and didn't bother with any of them yet. Time to get them points.

KrispyKr1tter66 said:
    I was already mad when they pulled February’s quests a lil early I was one daily away from those 1000 points and now looking at the points for this month I wonder is it truly worth it I mean I can earn more on bing than this!!!
    Not sure what you're on about. Not only was there an extra day this February over usual but it went til March 2nd. That's also not their fault if you missed by one day since it has like a weeks worth of leeway to get
    It went extra but also started late.
    Wasn’t it exactly 28 days, 56 Daily quests.
    Thus a buffer of 11.
  • vegansoundvegansound747,680
    Posted on 08 March 20 at 20:20
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if we can get the Rewards points without unlocking any achievements in the concerned games, this month?

- Final Fantasy XV = Acquire 2,000 Gil
    - Black Desert = Earn 2,000 Gifted Sellswords
    - Kingdom Come: Deliverance = Collect 20 money
    - Terraria = Gather 1,000 resources

For those 2 quests, I can tell you for sure you will unlock at least one achievement in Tekken since there's one for winning 1 ranked match. And for DOOM, I'm pretty sure you can get the quest without unlocking an achievement. The quest asks for '50 barrel kills', and there's an ach for '100 barrel kills', so there's room to get the quest.
    - TEKKEN 7 = Win 3 ranked matches
    - DOOM = Get 50 barrel kills

Thanks for your replies.
  • MUIMagsMUIMags312,274
    Posted on 09 March 20 at 21:10
    For the DOOM quest, just load up snapmap mode and play the map "64BarrelKills". Easy peasy.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong332,947
    Posted on 10 March 20 at 06:35
    vegansound said:
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if we can get the Rewards points without unlocking any achievements in the concerned games, this month?

- Final Fantasy XV = Acquire 2,000 Gil
    - Black Desert = Earn 2,000 Gifted Sellswords
    - Kingdom Come: Deliverance = Collect 20 money
    - Terraria = Gather 1,000 resources

For those 2 quests, I can tell you for sure you will unlock at least one achievement in Tekken since there's one for winning 1 ranked match. And for DOOM, I'm pretty sure you can get the quest without unlocking an achievement. The quest asks for '50 barrel kills', and there's an ach for '100 barrel kills', so there's room to get the quest.
    - TEKKEN 7 = Win 3 ranked matches
    - DOOM = Get 50 barrel kills

Thanks for your replies.
    For Final Fantasy XV you’ll almost certainly unlock several in order to get 2000 gil. With that’s said it’s easy, a lady at your first garage gives you 1000, you can talk to the diner owners in order to sign up for hunts. Two hunts ought to get you the rest with gil to spare. You’ll want to play the combat tutorial before starting the game.

Tekken 7, yes, I popped around 7 just playing 4 matches (won 3), however I checked, it’s an easy completion for a fighting game, I feel like almost any player could do it. It doesn’t seem like it’d take long either. I got nasty Live messages from someone I beat, so it’s standard fighting game community grossness it seems, but still, not a terrible one.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is stingy as heck with its achievements, any fan may be able to tell you a place to run and steal something while avoiding any achievements. Personally I tried the first couple quests a few months ago for a Quest and thought it sucked too badly to finish, YMMV.

DOOM, no, pretty sure you’ll pop one even on a custom map.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle968,648
  • vegansoundvegansound747,680
    Posted on 10 March 20 at 18:11
    TymanTheLong said:
    For Final Fantasy XV you’ll almost certainly unlock several in order to get 2000 gil. With that’s said it’s easy, a lady at your first garage gives you 1000, you can talk to the diner owners in order to sign up for hunts. Two hunts ought to get you the rest with gil to spare. You’ll want to play the combat tutorial before starting the game.
    Shinnizle said:
    You can do the Kingdom Come: Deliverance Quest without unlocking any achievement.
    Argh, I answered you with a long message but I messed up clicking a link, and all erased... I just said thanks for the replies, but except FF XV, I succeeded doing the other quests by testing first with a dummy account, and it worked without unlocking achs, so I did the same on my main profile.
  • Posted on 17 March 20 at 12:31
    I'm not going to be getting that Terraria quest. Nothing is tracking in Terraria, I can't even get the achievement for starting the tutorial.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.