Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

UPDATE – Xbox Game Pass Quests Reward Points per increased overnight

• Posted on 04 March 20 at 13:40, Edited on 04 March 20 at 13:42 by Lurking Lawyer
    Iggsy81 said:
    That last line is a bit of a concern. I normally search for "1, 2, 3, 4, 5" etc up to 30 and am done for the day, is that also a ban-worthy offence then?
    In theory, yes. They're not "good faith" searches.

FWIW, I do the same thing. I haven't redeemed anything for a while, and have 40K points amassed to maybe put towards a Series X down the line, but there's part of me that wonders whether I'm going to find I can't redeem them in due course.

In practice, I suspect the odds of it being noticed if you're not using an automator are quite low.

----

In relation to the hefty reduction this month, I can't say I'm surprised - I thought last month's was pretty decent for largely doing what I would already have been doing anyway.

There's part of me that wonders though whether they're still experimenting with reward levels to see how they affect levels of engagement. We may yet see the rewards become more significant again.

Low risk is not zero risk though.....
  • Drazer76Drazer76594,949
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 13:44
    I mean I’ve got 140k saved up, my searches are genuine on my phone probably as I just set it as bing and use throughout the day.

But my PC ones I normally search Dog and Cat, then on the right there’s the breed list, you can just mouse click them all no typing needed.
  • Thanatos522Thanatos522164,853
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 14:08
    Well now it really isn't worth my time or anyone's. I'll stick with the 25 cents guaranteed daily earned in 30 seconds than dealing with this crap over a month for a buck
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 14:15
    Lord Von Chimp said:
    Is what it is, a shame though, this was gonna help pay for a Series X down the line.
    I was thinking this is what I should do, but they are just so overpriced on the MS store.
    £450 right now for a 1TB One X for example with whatever game, it’s £310 on Amazon.

I guess I might as well just turn it all into Microsoft credit either way, but will probably be used for games on sale, to get digital versions or what not.
    (The other good use was getting a Yearly Live Sub for a great price, which was what 60k back then, and they all got converted to GPU with the £1 deal.
    Buying more Ultimate with it is pricey as there’s only 1/3 month, no 12. Unless they get a hot deal at some point).
  • Posted on 04 March 20 at 14:29
    doesnt matter how you feel about the rewards now is the time to do the online portion of Tekken 7 especially
    Tekken 7Okay! I'm Ready!The Okay! I'm Ready! achievement in Tekken 7 worth 38 pointsWon a battle in online tournament.

I got 11 cheevs in Tekken 7 including the all the online with no effort yesterday
  • AmethystineAmethystine988,556
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 15:10
    You know what we need on this site, in relation to Game-Pass-Quests?

Someone to let people unfamiliar with the games in quests know if you can safely start a game and finish the quest without also getting an achievement.

For example: The Tekken 7 quest, you have to win 3 ranked matches, but in looking at the achievement list, if you win ONE ranked match, you unlock an achievement, therefore, you'll have officially started the game. I don't want to play Tekken 7 to achievement completion, I'm terrible at Fighting games, so I'm not going to do that.

For games like Black Desert or Terraria or Doom, it's unclear if you can start the game and complete the quest while avoiding achievements. But if you've played them, you might be able to weigh in on that pretty accurately.
    -Amethystine
  • Posted on 04 March 20 at 16:05
    All the hassle for 100 reward points? no thank you.
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58449,408
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 16:18
    Phl0am said:
    This makes my decision to not renew Gamepass so much easier. Very poor from Microsoft. You just don't see this kind of distain for their own customers with Sony.
    You mean like when SONY discontinued awarding cash value/PS credit for earning Trophies in games less than 6 months after they started the program? Don't kid yourself, SONY is much stingier in regards to any rewards type program.
  • RuhanRRuhanR354,119
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 16:49
    I still wish this was available in South Africa cry
  • MattHLowMattHLow1,171,262
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 18:01
    I search for the trolololololololololol song and just work backwards :) is a shame they took the points down, supported rewards for a long time but this is a pants decision!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead561,035
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 18:31, Edited on 04 March 20 at 18:40 by HolyHalfDead
    Amethystine said:
    You know what we need on this site, in relation to Game-Pass-Quests?

Someone to let people unfamiliar with the games in quests know if you can safely start a game and finish the quest without also getting an achievement.

For example: The Tekken 7 quest, you have to win 3 ranked matches, but in looking at the achievement list, if you win ONE ranked match, you unlock an achievement, therefore, you'll have officially started the game. I don't want to play Tekken 7 to achievement completion, I'm terrible at Fighting games, so I'm not going to do that.

For games like Black Desert or Terraria or Doom, it's unclear if you can start the game and complete the quest while avoiding achievements. But if you've played them, you might be able to weigh in on that pretty accurately.
    What you are asking for already exists on this site, first link in the article - Xbox Quests

For example someone has let us know that you can for
    Kingdom Come Deliverance Quest

If someone hasn’t done it for you already, you can be that someone. Start the game on an alt, complete the quest, then let people know how you got on.

But I don’t expect many people will bother taking the time to help others out, now they are worth a reduced number of points.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Kane6182Kane6182320,155
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 19:12
    Also, I've just redeemed my points for 1 months GamePass Ultimate, I would normally get a pop-up asking if I setup automatic renewals I'd get a month free. Never came up this time!!! Anyone else had this happen?
    KANE6182
  • Posted on 04 March 20 at 19:35
    I was already mad when they pulled February’s quests a lil early I was one daily away from those 1000 points and now looking at the points for this month I wonder is it truly worth it I mean I can earn more on bing than this!!!
  • Destro WODDestro WOD362,066
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 19:54
    Its a bummer. I was really into rewards since maybe 2 weeks, i mean before that i didn't knew all there was to know. So i started doing daily searches and maximazing my pts and found that amazing. I also saw gamepass give a significant boost too. I renewed my subscription like last week. Granted i paid only 1$ to convert many months of live into ultimate, but still...

Then i was exited to see the new rewards as last month i catrch them late still was able to do some of them and they were fun and paid a decent lot but now i was disapointed this month really. Im not sure its worth it now to go out of your way to do them.
    Destro WOD
  • HalcyonWaveHalcyonWave358,177
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 20:27
    It is a major disappointment that they slashed rewards values - I expected them to, but not that much (the 1,000 point one was particularly disappointing - there is a lot of "work" that goes into that one). They still give out free points, but it is less worth it now (of course, not doing multiplayer ones and I won't download a 20+ GB game just for the quest).

Does anyone else play less on Game Pass because of quests? I wait to play a game until it shows up on a quest.

Now, for Bing searches - on the PC search, I just click on the trending stuff (row of pictures) or images. I've heard of people using the Developer Tools on Chrome to get mobile points. I hate cell phones and can only do the searches on an old Windows Phone 8 Lumia. If they don't explicitly define what a "legitimate search" is, I won't lose any sleep over it. Searching 1-30 or a-z (or zed in some places) seem like valid searches to me.
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 20:44
    KrispyKr1tter66 said:
    I was already mad when they pulled February’s quests a lil early I was one daily away from those 1000 points and now looking at the points for this month I wonder is it truly worth it I mean I can earn more on bing than this!!!
    It ran to the correct time to be fair to them.
    The whole month it has said x days remaining and was correct up to the last day
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,421,025
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 23:12, Edited on 04 March 20 at 23:14 by EarthboundX
    Drazer76 said:
    I mean I’ve got 140k saved up, my searches are genuine on my phone probably as I just set it as bing and use throughout the day.

But my PC ones I normally search Dog and Cat, then on the right there’s the breed list, you can just mouse click them all no typing needed.
    Wow, that's way faster then what I'd been doing, thanks!

Hmm, actually it's about the same I guess, still it's good to know.
  • lotusfroglotusfrog199,063
    Posted on 05 March 20 at 00:39
    I joined others in having a whinge in Reddit and on Twitter. I know that in the large scheme of things with life in general, it really doesn't matter, but I think people complaining and having less people do it should, hopefully, have an impact on the decision to reverse the nerf :)
  • BryanRPhBryanRPh466,786
    Posted on 05 March 20 at 01:47, Edited on 05 March 20 at 01:49 by BryanRPh
    Per gamepass app, the completionist quest is back to 1000 points...

In fact, all the point values are up quite a bit.
  • Posted on 05 March 20 at 01:55
    BryanRPh said:
    Per gamepass app, the completionist quest is back to 1000 points...

In fact, all the point values are up quite a bit.
    I was going to post about this. I'm not sure which ones got a boost, but the 1,000 one is back now so that's at least good.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.