TrueAchievements App Wishlist

Forum for your ideas on how to improve the TrueAchievements Xbox One app

Let the world help develop the app

• FireStormHRFireStormHR232,598
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 20:49Permalink
    As a sparetime achievement hunter and fulltime software engineer, I would like to have the Xbox one app become open source so I can help the development through pull requests.
    FireStormHR
  • Posted on 04 March 20 at 21:27Permalink
    Microsoft no longer support the format the app was built in so open sourcing it wouldn’t help I’m afraid.

Plus the libraries and APIs that it uses are not publicly available.

We are in discussions with them at the moment to see if there’s anything we can do to get the YouTube functionality sorted though.
    #MyDecadeOnXBox
  • FireStormHRFireStormHR232,598
    Posted on 04 March 20 at 22:11Permalink
    TrueAchievement said:
    Microsoft no longer support the format the app was built in so open sourcing it wouldn’t help I’m afraid.

Plus the libraries and APIs that it uses are not publicly available.

We are in discussions with them at the moment to see if there’s anything we can do to get the YouTube functionality sorted though.
    Thanks for the reply, shame to hear. With my post I wasnt implicitly referring to the video viewing whatsoever. I was just asking this so I could help in things like bringing site functionalities to console or improve small visual things like "thumbs up for solution registered". I hope the console app will someday get an entire revamp with the new techniques/formats with open source in mind :). Maybe nextgen #fingerscrossed ;)
    FireStormHR
  • Posted on 04 March 20 at 22:47Permalink
    I’m pretty certain Xbox wouldn’t open source those apis, but you never know
    #MyDecadeOnXBox
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.