Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

KINGDOM HEARTS - HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX Walkthrough Discussion

• zr122zr122463,894
    Posted on 20 March 20 at 00:51
    Hello there! I'm the Owner of this Walkthrough, and I'd like to say a few quick things as I get started. (I mean, I've already started, but I only thought to do this today!)

This Walkthrough covers 4 medium length RPGs, so it is going to take some time. I am working on each game individually in order to make sure nothing gets missed.

I will be posting (somewhat arbitrary) updates in this thread as I go, so keep this in your Forums or your Threads to keep up with those random updates. There should be a handful up updates per game.

There is a percentage progress bar on the right side of this page. This will progress as I add Achievements to the Walkthrough. Each 1% point is approximately 2 Achievements.

For daily updates (kind of), feel free to add me as a friend here on TrueAchievements. You can see my progress through the compilation as I gain Achievements. This will take some time to catch up, however, as I had over 40 Achievements before starting the Walkthrough.

Thank you for your patience, and may your heart be your guiding key!
  • SethozSethoz578,133
    Posted on 07 April 20 at 11:25
    Massive props for you, to attempt such an ambitious walk through. I will be following with eager interest, good luck!
  • zr122zr122463,894
    Posted on 10 April 20 at 17:23
    Okay, random update time!

Kingdom Hearts 1
    I have the main story walkthrough complete up until right before the final World. I am currently going back through each world and making sure all chests and Trinity Marks are there, and putting them in a logical order. Minimal backtracking!

Once collectables and the main story are complete, I'll be going over farming synthesis materials. I've already done all the synthesizing, so it's just a matter of typing up strategies for all the individual rare enemies.

It's Easter long weekend as I type this, so hopefully I'll be able to finish the KH1 portion of this guide in the next few days. After that I'll take a short break before diving into Re: Chain of Memories!
  • Posted on 13 April 20 at 16:12
    Will you be able to post each game as it becomes available or will you have to wait until the whole collection is done?
  • zr122zr122463,894
    Posted on 15 April 20 at 03:16
    Man, I really hate the Gummi ship missions.

@scarlet speed
    I have to wait until the whole thing is done, as far as I know. It is all one game, technically.

If KH1 was the main game, and the other ones categorized as DLC, I could do a staggered release.
  • zr122zr122463,894
    Posted on 15 April 20 at 03:20, Edited on 15 April 20 at 03:21 by zr122
    Okay, quick poll for those following along:

(Kingdom Hearts 1) You only need to complete ONE level 3 gummi ship mission for an Achievement. Do you want strategies for all of them, or just a few easy ones? Because some of these missions are BRUTAL.
  • Kwilson10Kwilson10328,866
    Posted on 16 April 20 at 03:00
    I'd say just a few easy ones! Whatever is quickest/easiest to just obtaining the achievement.

And thanks for working on the guide!
  • zr122zr122463,894
    Posted on 18 April 20 at 00:30
    Thanks for the replies Sethoz, scarlet speed, and KWilson. Knowing that people are actively following along helps keep me focused!

I will be moving on to Chain of Memories shortly. There are one or two formatting things I need to complete in KH1. Chain is the only game in the series I haven't beaten before, so this should be interesting.
  • FQXFQX284,778
    Posted on 20 April 20 at 18:19
    Thanks for working on this. as for scarlet speed's question to you, I've seen people share partial walkthroughs but I don't think it's possible through the official walkthrough function on TA.
  • RadicalSniper99RadicalSniper991,506,438
    Posted on 20 April 20 at 19:36
    The only example I can think of where we partial published was with Rare Replay. The walkthrough was published with "notes" next to pages being worked on for other games. This might be something to consider, but it has not been discussed at this time.
  • erobert3erobert3226,783 226,783 GamerScore
    Posted on 21 April 20 at 00:44
    zr122 said:

(Kingdom Hearts 1) You only need to complete ONE level 3 gummi ship mission for an Achievement. Do you want strategies for all of them, or just a few easy ones? Because some of these missions are BRUTAL.
    I believe you need to complete more than one to unlock the 30 blueprints.
  • ElyohElyoh847,058
    Posted on 21 April 20 at 06:35
    RadicalSniper99 said:
    The only example I can think of where we partial published was with Rare Replay. The walkthrough was published with "notes" next to pages being worked on for other games. This might be something to consider, but it has not been discussed at this time.
    It depends on how the writer would like to do it, but I imagine they'll do it the same way I did Rare Replay - one game at a time. Because of that I wouldn't see an issue with putting it up one game at a time. If ZR122 didn't pick this up I was going to and suggest it be done like that, but ultimately as the writer I believe ZR122 is best placed to make that call.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • zr122zr122463,894
    Posted on 21 April 20 at 20:55
    erobert3 said:
    zr122 said:

I believe you need to complete more than one to unlock the 30 blueprints.
    You do not! There are a total of 48 blueprints, and only 11 of them come from Gummi ship missions.
  • Posted on 22 April 20 at 06:42
    Really looking forward to the completion of this. My fiance got me playing the game and I've just gone ham. Assuming you right the guide for most efficient achievement runs I guess KH1 with be split into two runs? One on beginner for no continues, no equipment changes, and under 15 hours, then one on proud for everything else?
    The Wolf Pack will find their pretty l prey.
  • FQXFQX284,778
    Posted on 22 April 20 at 07:05
    Werewolfking93 said:
    I guess KH1 with be split into two runs? One on beginner for no continues, no equipment changes, and under 15 hours, then one on proud for everything else?
    I’m splitting this up even more, but very inefficiently. Playing everything on normal first, then proud, and then mop up any achievements I missed.
  • GRAND NOBLEGRAND NOBLE414,287
    Posted on 22 April 20 at 16:48, Edited on 22 April 20 at 16:51 by GRAND NOBLE
    WOW! I just bought this on sale for $20 and am SO PUMPED that someone is writing a WT!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to add to My Threads as well as favorite the pending walkthrough.

Thank you for doing this! Each game is going to be a huge task! Good job! This will be a very much-wanted WT when completed from MANY!

Thank you again!!!

- Good luck with Sephiroth!!! rock

EDIT: This is one of the few exceptions that the WT Admin should let you post as you finish each game. I know that's against the idea/concept, but this is a huge 4-game release! Just my thoughts. -- It would also give each of us time to play and work through your WT while you work on playing/writing the next game. Imagine writing game 2 while receiving a flood of positive critique on game 1. Such motivation to continue!!
    Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
  • zr122zr122463,894
    Posted on 23 April 20 at 00:40
    @Werewolfking93

That is definitely an option for people, but I am actually recommending 3: Beginner to complete story/journal/collectibles etc., another on Beginner for Speedster/Undefeated/Unchanging Armor, and a third on Proud to finish it up.

That is mostly for people who are coming into the series blind, though. For KH Veterans, your suggestion is mine as well.

@GRAND NOBLE

Thank you so much for the support! I've used dozens of Walkhroughs from TA, so I wanted to give back to the community with a game series that is important to me and others. I also plan on writing the Walkthrough for the 2.8 collection as well, assuming nobody else takes it.

I managed to defeat Sephiroh a while ago, but thanks for the luck! I found a pretty nifty trick that makes that fight more manageable. I look forward to seeing the ratio drop!
  • nightcarcnightcarc225,890
    Posted on 26 April 20 at 06:27
    Man, good on you for taking the lead on this one--I've been working my way through it for the past few weeks, and it is definitely a challenge that you've set yourself.

Something I'll mention since you've started CoM (and for anybody else who comes across this before your guide is up) is that you need to have watched through the 358/2 movie in order to complete the card index. It's not mentioned anywhere in the game, and would have been nice to know (for me) before I completed the game. You could watch it after beating the game (and people new to the series/story may prefer that way), but you end up needing to backtrack to each world's bonus room for the new enemy cards. If you watch the movie first, then extra cards in the bonus rooms should be unlocked from the beginning, making it a tad more efficient. Not that you won't end up needing to grind for enemy cards and synthesized rooms anyways...

Good luck!
  • zr122zr122463,894
    Posted on 27 April 20 at 05:10
    nightcarc said:
    ...is that you need to have watched through the 358/2 movie in order to complete the card index.
    My research suggests otherwise. Once you beat both Sora and Riku's stories, the extra cards become available in Sora's story. I am writing Re:CoM's guide with this method to see for myself.

That being said, that tip about watching the 358 movie first is in the Walkthrough. Having those cards show up earlier can help some people.

Re:CoM isn't actually all that hard, though. I am playing through on Proud and have only died twice. Both times have been my own fault for not swapping my decks around before a boss battle.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.