Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Vambrace: Cold Soul Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 12 March 20 at 16:15
    Please use this thread to discuss the Vambrace: Cold Soul walkthrough.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,665,552
    Posted on 13 March 20 at 23:00
    I'm doing this one. I'm about to start the last chapter of the first playthrough, and the second one will be much shorter with the knowledge I gained from the first. I should be done with the game by the time I go back to work Wednesday, and should have the guide up within a week of finishing the game. It's a much shorter game than Shadows : Awakening and doesn't really need maps, so it'll be much quicker and easier to do.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • BlackTiboBlackTibo689,905
    Posted on 17 March 20 at 11:46
    I wonder if you find the "Sundries 3" codex entry. This is the only one I didn't find. I'm searching it, with no success...
    Posted on 17 March 20 at 17:27
    I've finished the game, just have to finish the walkthrough now. Still aiming for Sunday.

BlackTibo said:
    I wonder if you find the "Sundries 3" codex entry. This is the only one I didn't find. I'm searching it, with no success...
    Well I didn't try too hard to get every single codex entry since there's no achievement for it, but for what it's worth, I don't have it either.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • BlackTiboBlackTibo689,905
    Posted on 17 March 20 at 18:30
    If you want to add details for other codex entries, I'll have them all except this one. I should be able to describe where to find them.

Since I need to do other runs for the other ends, I should be able to double check this :)
    Posted on 20 March 20 at 00:48
    I prefer to keep my walkthroughs as concise as possible so I avoid stuff that does not unlock achievements. If you want to put it out there, I can put a page after the costumes page for them. That way people can use it if they want to and the walkthrough page stays concise. If that's not ok I understand. Sorry!

Also, patch 1.10 for Steam : "One of the note pages has been missing. We are sincerely sorry for the gamers who has been seeking it...we fixed it." It does not say which codex entry, but since you are only missing one I assume that is the one they are talking about. I do not know if the Xbox has this patch or is getting it, it's pretty small so they may not bother. It also changes the map layout to be less dumb, and adds damage numbers on characters instead of just their portraits at the top. Less mimics, changed some of the confusing maps. Nothing that should affect completion.
    Posted on 09 April 20 at 23:10
    Hopefully final update. I was having trouble getting videos to upload (one did, and none of the others would) and I finally got it figured out but my upload speed is garbage for some reason, so it's taking a bit. I'm finishing up proofreading and stuff and will it up as soon as the videos upload, which should be sometime this week. All depends on the upload speed headspin
  • Posted on 14 April 20 at 02:20
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    Hopefully final update. I was having trouble getting videos to upload (one did, and none of the others would) and I finally got it figured out but my upload speed is garbage for some reason, so it's taking a bit. I'm finishing up proofreading and stuff and will it up as soon as the videos upload, which should be sometime this week. All depends on the upload speed headspin
    Looking forward to it!
    Posted on 17 April 20 at 21:17
    Had some family troubles, but it's finally over. I was missing 2 videos that I finally redid, so I just need to upload them, add the videos to the walkthrough, and then do one last read to try and make sure I didn't miss anything. I will have it done either tonight, or Sunday. For sure for sure.
    Posted on 26 April 20 at 22:24
    The family issues ended up being more...complicated than expected. I'm finishing it up right now. Just have to double check a couple things when I get off work (costume names and location names mostly) and it'll be ready to go. I will submit it shortly after I get home from work, shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes to make sure the names and everything are right.

Really sorry about the delays.
    Posted on 28 April 20 at 08:19, Edited on 28 April 20 at 08:19 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Alright, I've submitted it. Somehow I tricked myself into thinking I could use stage select more than I do to cut down the time spent on playthrough, which isn't possible, at least in any way I can think of. So it delayed me being done with it.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions/comments/problems with the walkthrough, feel free to post here or PM me.
  • Information
  • vSullyvSully1,297,489
    Posted on 01 May 20 at 17:55, Edited on 01 May 20 at 17:56 by vSully
    I think I’ll be starting this tonight and give any relevant feedback as I go. Thanks!!
  • Posted on 01 May 20 at 23:05
    vSully said:
    I think I’ll be starting this tonight and give any relevant feedback as I go. Thanks!!
    If you find any spelling or grammatical errors, feel free to let me know!
    If war never changes, then men must change, and so must their symbols. Even if it is nothing at all, know what you follow, Courier
    Posted on 02 May 20 at 00:32
    If you find any problems at all, let me know, even if they're really bad. I'd rather fix them than sit here and wonder if the walkthrough worked for people.
  • vSullyvSully1,297,489
    Posted on 04 May 20 at 04:15, Edited on 04 May 20 at 06:33 by vSully
    A few things so far.

These two quests are much more complicated than the previous ones. We need to find specific regions in the actual dungeons to complete these. You may remember there are sometimes forks, so we need to take the right paths to find the quest spots, and I will point them out here. Return to the Residential District. You'll see a yellow !, approach it. Choose to "Threaten him with fire", then exit right.
    I did not get a yellow ! so I never got to threaten anyone with fire, nor a way that made sense to exit right. After choosing Residential District in the Ascending Room, I appear in "Southern Shelter" where I went left previously to start chapter 3. I tried going right and found nothing. Going left takes me to the outside path to the Ruined Apartments. Not sure if I missed something or if this will affect anything moving forward.

EDIT: I found him on the run through this area pretty far in. After doing sidequest stuff and on the way to the chapter boss.

Leave the district. Back in town go to Shanty Town..
    It took me a minute to realize that you need to pause and choose the red flag option in the command menu to return to Dalearch ("your progress will be lost..")

Take the south path, which leads to the Ruined Apartments. Once you finish RA, take the south path again to reach Washer Street. Go through this region until you reach the room with the exit. You'll see a door partially obstructed by a table, enter it and head right for a scene. Leave the district. Back in town go to Shanty Town, go right 2 screens, and then down the stairs at the end of the room. Talk to the guy right of you, then go left 2 screens and talk to the lady by the pot, and then go back to the guy. Return to Helga at the inn to get the Valkyrie Armor costume.
    After talking to the vagrant guy, you cannot go left as it's blocked. You have to go in a door/down stairs, then left two screens.
  • vSullyvSully1,297,489
    Posted on 04 May 20 at 14:10, Edited on 04 May 20 at 14:43 by vSully
    Also, you mention swapping out the Fusilier to a Blood Mage after putting two points to Awareness with Lyric. Before doing this in the story walkthrough, there's mention of having made the swap already (and I still had the Fusilier):

As usual, use your Fencer stun first turn, and then use the Blood Mage's as soon as the first enemy is dead. I actually forgot to swap out the Fusilier for a Blood Mage for the video, so you should have an easier time than I do. I could only stun him once
    Posted on 04 May 20 at 18:53
    vSully said:
    EDIT: I found him on the run through this area pretty far in. After doing sidequest stuff and on the way to the chapter boss.
    It's part of the story, always happens, so it shouldn't affect anything. Not sure why I had him in the wrong spot though, I'll have to recheck his location.

vSully said:
    It took me a minute to realize that you need to pause and choose the red flag option in the command menu to return to Dalearch ("your progress will be lost..")

After talking to the vagrant guy, you cannot go left as it's blocked. You have to go in a door/down stairs, then left two screens.
    I'll fix both of these.
  • vSullyvSully1,297,489
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 05:55, Edited on 05 May 20 at 06:39 by vSully
    After the scenes, talk to everyone. When talking to Hakon, answer "Focus on Lanvil".
    It's actually Prince Gunnar that gives you this dialogue option.

__

And shortly hereafter the Sister Sylvani achievement is stated to unlock but didn't. Not sure what I can do as I have no idea what the requirements are.

Edit: I went back to the area that you leave before going to the inn and talked to NPCs there. The dialogue was about the sacrifice and the achievement popped shortly after this convo.

__

Take the west dungeon, and after it, you'll be in a room. Just go right to leave. When you're back on the map, go toward the west dungeon (BUT DON'T GO IN YET). Go straight south of the exit over the dark grey (just left of the red text) and when you reach the wooden thing you will see a " ?", interact with it to enter an area. Go right through a bunch of traps, you'll eventually reach a chest, open it for the Laughing Gas costume.
    It's definitely the East/right path. West/left got me to he wrong area. And I didn't end up in a room, just back on the map where I could walk on the secret path next to the red text to get to the ? area.

The next instruction is
    There's a second area here. Keep taking the west path until you see some green tentacles.
    I'm not sure if I should actually keep East or go West now.

EDIT. I went East, then West and ended up here. I see the tentacles now: https://i.imgur.com/Hl5aAp8.png
    The only way I can go is east away from them and towards an '!'

It's late- I'll get back to it tomorrow.
  • vSullyvSully1,297,489
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 13:41, Edited on 05 May 20 at 14:46 by vSully
    I'm working through this area now. I've got some more detailed info and I'll edit this as I go.

This is the image of the starting path. https://i.imgur.com/H0Y916U.png
    Left/west gets to the circled character. Right/east gets you to the the path where you can go down to the ? for the Laughing Gas costume. Not sure if you can then get from this point to the tentacles described next. I'm currently on the west/left path so I'll see how it shakes out and follow up with an edit.

EDIT
    Ok, so this time I went west (Penitent Path), west (Elven Temple) and then north which was the only option (Ravaged Chapel). At the end of this area I had a scene with Mahoram, then ended up outside near the tentacles. The building with the ? was on the left as described: https://i.imgur.com/k12nf8i.png

edit:
    Back in town enter Haven and talk to Celest, you'll get an achievement.
    Haven is the barracks. Took me a minute to figure it out as I didn't want to go to the wrong place and down a bad path or something.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads