The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: March 17th, 2020

• atryeu1atryeu1368,157
    Posted on 18 March 20 at 17:50
    FireDrake007 said:
    Cenosis said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    I was one of those people who waited and lost out. However I already have the game on PC so I can still play it. I was just thinking of double dipping(with its achievements and gamerscores) because of the enticing 85%($4.49) off sale price on Xbox One. That was definitely the all time lowest price for that edition. It normally goes for $9.99 on sale at its lowest in the past on Xbox One.

However I have a feeling it will eventually show up on Games with Gold just like the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition did a few years ago, so I will get it eventually.

On a good note, I was able to get Deus Ex Mankind Divided Digital Deluxe Edition(with dlcs) for $6.49(also 85% off) before they raised the price.

When I bought it about an hour ago, they changed the time limit to buy it from more than a week to 2 hours left so they must have been running out of codes as well.
    Sorry to hear you missed out on it but at least you have the PC version.
    I wasn't aware they used codes when they make a sale, so it's the 25 digit ones like on the gift cards but behind the scenes so you don't actually see it or something?

That sounds great about Deus Ex: MD, I heard it's good but that the executives at the publisher stepped in near the end and decided to chop off a big chunk of the game to be sold as DLC so the base game ends abruptly and is really short. I came across that when it first came out though and it supposedly pissed off all the fans of course. Cool that you can get everything for just 6.50 now.
    I meant copies, not codes. Sorry. I think publishers give Xbox a certain numbers of copies they can sell after which they reassess the price of the product.

I also heard that Deus Ex is pretty short. Hopefully the additional dlcs makes it worthwhile. I will try to play it back to back with Deus Ex Human Revolution which I still haven't finished because of my backlog.
    I need to replay Dues Ex HR also. So many missed achievements the first time I played and I picked up the DLC during one of the big sales 2-3years ago when I first got satellite internet. I need to drag my old Xbox out and replay Invisible War too :D The story is so short there also but such a fun game either way!
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007213,029
    Posted on 18 March 20 at 19:00
    atryeu1 said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    Cenosis said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    I was one of those people who waited and lost out. However I already have the game on PC so I can still play it. I was just thinking of double dipping(with its achievements and gamerscores) because of the enticing 85%($4.49) off sale price on Xbox One. That was definitely the all time lowest price for that edition. It normally goes for $9.99 on sale at its lowest in the past on Xbox One.

However I have a feeling it will eventually show up on Games with Gold just like the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition did a few years ago, so I will get it eventually.

On a good note, I was able to get Deus Ex Mankind Divided Digital Deluxe Edition(with dlcs) for $6.49(also 85% off) before they raised the price.

When I bought it about an hour ago, they changed the time limit to buy it from more than a week to 2 hours left so they must have been running out of codes as well.
    I wasn't aware they used codes when they make a sale, so it's the 25 digit ones like on the gift cards but behind the scenes so you don't actually see it or something?

That sounds great about Deus Ex: MD, I heard it's good but that the executives at the publisher stepped in near the end and decided to chop off a big chunk of the game to be sold as DLC so the base game ends abruptly and is really short. I came across that when it first came out though and it supposedly pissed off all the fans of course. Cool that you can get everything for just 6.50 now.
    I meant copies, not codes. Sorry. I think publishers give Xbox a certain numbers of copies they can sell after which they reassess the price of the product.

I also heard that Deus Ex is pretty short. Hopefully the additional dlcs makes it worthwhile. I will try to play it back to back with Deus Ex Human Revolution which I still haven't finished because of my backlog.
    I need to replay Dues Ex HR also. So many missed achievements the first time I played and I picked up the DLC during one of the big sales 2-3years ago when I first got satellite internet. I need to drag my old Xbox out and replay Invisible War too :D The story is so short there also but such a fun game either way!
    I also bought the dlcs on one of the sales on Xbox and would really like to return to Deus EX HR which I really like, but because of my backlog and the fact that I have to concentrate on the games leaving gamepass, I haven't had the time to do so.
  • AbyssalOrc33AbyssalOrc33577,492
  • atryeu1atryeu1368,157
    Posted on 19 March 20 at 01:46
    FireDrake007 said:
    I also bought the dlcs on one of the sales on Xbox and would really like to return to Deus EX HR which I really like, but because of my backlog and the fact that I have to concentrate on the games leaving gamepass, I haven't had the time to do so.
    I don't have gamepass to worry about (can't do Xbox One with my internet) but I do have so many games I'm behind on to do so I try not to replay games I've already done right away and focus on things I haven't played at all first. It can't be helped sometimes though and I replay something LoL
  • CenosisCenosis265,412
    Posted on 19 March 20 at 09:15
    atryeu1 said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    Cenosis said:
    FireDrake007 said:

I also need to replay Deus Ex: HR. I usually don't have the patience at being stealthy for long so I chose to go at it guns blazing and Rambo most of the levels so I definitely didn't get the stealth related ones. The base game has 40 missable achievements and I missed 21 of them plus I picked up the DLC for dirt cheap last year so there is a lot of achievements to go back and get for me. I went about it the old-school way of gaming at the time where I didn't pay much attention to achievements being an extra layer of things to do along the way. I also didn't bother reading all the emails in the game either. :D I'll probably keep that strategy next playthrough too, who wants to read 400 emails while you're trying to play a game?
  • CenosisCenosis265,412
    Posted on 19 March 20 at 09:22
    FireDrake007 said:
    Cenosis said:
    FireDrake007 said:

Yeah I know what you mean, I had a big enough backlog before going gold, now it's on a steady growth pace. I'm not complaining though, acquiring more games is almost as fun as actually playing them. :D
  • GT3OptionFanGT3OptionFan215,514
    Posted on 19 March 20 at 13:45
    Just FYI: Here are a few things also on sale not listed here:

- Life is Strange Season Pass (3.39 US)
    - Lara Croft and the GoL Things that Go Boom Challenge Pack 2 (0.59 US)
    - Kane & Lynch 2 Alliance Weapon Pack (0.59 US)
    Posted on 19 March 20 at 13:47
    Also, in case you weren't aware, there is a HUGE sale for BC xbox 360 games that TA has listed NOWHERE on the site. 194 items up for sale. Check on major nelson's site for the list.
  • atryeu1atryeu1368,157
    Posted on 19 March 20 at 17:42
    Cenosis said:
    atryeu1 said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    Cenosis said:
    FireDrake007 said:

I also need to replay Deus Ex: HR. I usually don't have the patience at being stealthy for long so I chose to go at it guns blazing and Rambo most of the levels so I definitely didn't get the stealth related ones. The base game has 40 missable achievements and I missed 21 of them plus I picked up the DLC for dirt cheap last year so there is a lot of achievements to go back and get for me. I went about it the old-school way of gaming at the time where I didn't pay much attention to achievements being an extra layer of things to do along the way. I also didn't bother reading all the emails in the game either. :D I'll probably keep that strategy next playthrough too, who wants to read 400 emails while you're trying to play a game?
    LoL Like Doom 3 but you need to read those because they have hidden combinations and information in a lot of them.

There was mention of another sale. Anybody know the link to that nelson guy's site? I've heard him mentioned quite a bit at this site but never seen a link to wherever they keep referring to him.
    Posted on 19 March 20 at 18:51
    Here are the items from the BC sale that are lower than previous best (pb) prices:

- Mega Man 9 (1.99, pb 2.99)
    - Mega Man 10 (1.99, pb 2.99)
    - Toy Story 3 (4.99, pb 6.59)
  • CenosisCenosis265,412
    Posted on 20 March 20 at 01:02
    atryeu1 said:
    Cenosis said:
    atryeu1 said:
    FireDrake007 said:
    Cenosis said:
    FireDrake007 said:

LoL Like Doom 3 but you need to read those because they have hidden combinations and information in a lot of them.

There was mention of another sale. Anybody know the link to that nelson guy's site? I've heard him mentioned quite a bit at this site but never seen a link to wherever they keep referring to him.
    There was quite a few locked doors with keycodes in Deux Ex: HR now that I think of it, I cheated and got the codes to the doors n safes from Google though.

https://majornelson.com/2020/03/16/this-weeks-deals-with-gol...

If you want to stay on site then go to the top, click main menu, Xbox game prices then the sales tab followed by the view and filter button where you can select Xbox 360 next to platforms and refine further if needed.
    ^That method is better because you can see more info on screen at once compared to Nelson's site so is more useful. People refer to his site a lot because TA likes to ignore DLC sales sometimes. It looks like their search bots picked them up last couple of sales but however have failed to post anything about the backwards compatibility sale like his site did so his is still useful of course. ^The games in the BC sale will show up in the above method so they appear to still be available.
  • atryeu1atryeu1368,157
    Posted on 20 March 20 at 01:25
    Cenosis said:
    atryeu1 said:

There was quite a few locked doors with keycodes in Deux Ex: HR now that I think of it, I cheated and got the codes to the doors n safes from Google though.

If you want to stay on site then go to the top, click main menu, Xbox game prices then the sales tab followed by the view and filter button where you can select Xbox 360 next to platforms and refine further if needed.
    ^That method is better because you can see more info on screen at once compared to Nelson's site so is more useful. People refer to his site a lot because TA likes to ignore DLC sales sometimes. It looks like their search bots picked them up last couple of sales but however have failed to post anything about the backwards compatibility sale like his site did so his is still useful of course. ^The games in the BC sale will show up in the above method so they appear to still be available.
    Thanks for the link! I look at the TA sales page off and on but not lately. I prefer it also because it lists the actual price and not the percentage like the other link shows. I see something in there I wouldn't mind buying but my current money is spoken for so I'll wait for a future sale on it :D
  • CenosisCenosis265,412
    Posted on 20 March 20 at 01:47
    atryeu1 said:
    Cenosis said:
    atryeu1 said:

Thanks for the link! I look at the TA sales page off and on but not lately. I prefer it also because it lists the actual price and not the percentage like the other link shows. I see something in there I wouldn't mind buying but my current money is spoken for so I'll wait for a future sale on it :D
    SEGA Bass Fishing isn't it? It's in HD now with achievements!
  • atryeu1atryeu1368,157
    Posted on 20 March 20 at 04:22
    Cenosis said:
    atryeu1 said:
    Cenosis said:
    atryeu1 said:

SEGA Bass Fishing isn't it? It's in HD now with achievements!
    Haha nah, it's the other little short Dead Rising game (Case Zero, or Case West, whichever was $2). I know that's on disc and I'd rather have it that way anyway so I'll hold off for now still but it's tempting.
    Posted on 20 March 20 at 20:02
    List of most recent sale dates (from earliest to most recent):

May 21st: SSX 3 (Xbox Original), Secret of Monkey Island SE

May 28th: Disneys Epic Mickey 2, Lego Indiana Jones The Original Adventures

Jun 11th - Toy Story 3

Jun 18th - Cars Mater-National Championship, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, Mercenaries (Xbox original)

July 2nd - Disney's Bolt, Monkey Island 2 SE

July 9th - Split/ Second

July 16th - Catherine, Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram, Fighter Vipers, Guardian Heroes, Gunstar Heroes, Meet the Robinsons, Phantasy Star II, Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

July 23rd - Cars 2, Disney/ Pixar Brave

July 30th - Lego Indiana Jones 2 The Adventure Continues, Tron Evolution

Aug 6th - Burnout Revenge

Aug 20th - Medal of Honor Airborne

Aug 27th - Mega Man 10, Mega Man 9

Sep 10 - Hunter the Reckoning

Sep 24 - Crazy Taxi, Daytona USA, Geometry War Retro Evolved 2

Oct 24th - Dante's Inferno, Shadows of the Damned

Nov 21 - Trine 2

Nov 26 - Aliens vs Predator, Altered Beast, Comix Zone, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Persona 4 Arena

Dec 17 - Jet Set Radio
  • I Ebon Hawk II Ebon Hawk I2,060,626
    Posted on 22 March 20 at 12:51
    The season pass for AC3 and AC4 360 versions are still showing as full price for me. It was the same when they were "on sale" also. shock
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.