Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

New weekly Xbox Game Pass Quests are now live for another 130 Microsoft Rewards Points

• buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,203,280
    Posted on 17 March 20 at 19:24
    BeefyTomcat5 said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Also new list of games to be removed.
    Say bye bye to the Handsome Collection, Lego worlds, Vampyr and Operencia.
    Any idea when they're leaving
    I assume March 31 but I haven't read the article on this site. Only saw the thumbnails on my GP app.
    Always number 2.
  • BeefyTomcat5BeefyTomcat5387,880
    Posted on 17 March 20 at 19:28
    buttmudBrooks said:
    BeefyTomcat5 said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Also new list of games to be removed.
    Say bye bye to the Handsome Collection, Lego worlds, Vampyr and Operencia.
    Any idea when they're leaving
    I assume March 31 but I haven't read the article on this site. Only saw the thumbnails on my GP app.
    Cheers man yeah just saw the article there probably end of the month suppose I better get cracking on borderlands2
  • Drazer76Drazer76592,462
    Posted on 17 March 20 at 20:00
    We never know the dates for them leaving as they don’t announce it.
    But yeah history has told us it’ll be two weeks time.

Vampyr was one I would have played, but never found the time.

Lego Worlds was on 6 months.
    Borderlands 9 months.
    Vampyr and Operancia for 12 months.
    (No excuse for not playing, aside from that’s when I first got GP. Now I have a system, but catching up from older entries is tough..)
  • Posted on 17 March 20 at 20:26, Edited on 17 March 20 at 20:27 by NotAnother8ob
    Heisenberg VI said:
    My weekly quest for Lego did not track. And the Ori punchcard do not working.
    I'm hoping it's related to the achievements not unlocking problem. Since they are related somewhat to achievements (well some quests), it'll be fixed when they fix that.

The daily quests and the play 3 games weekly one unlocked for me no problem though.
  • PURESSENCEPURESSENCE985,833
    Posted on 17 March 20 at 20:52
    Plague Tale not unlocking here either, must have thrown 20 rocks and pots by hand!
    Too much work, not enough games
  • QwanimalQwanimal675,914
    Posted on 17 March 20 at 21:51
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    NOOOOO NOT MY HECKIN VAMPYRINOS!
    Looks like i procrasted way too long on Vampyr, thats unfortunate. Kept putting it off due to how mediocre i kept hearing it was, hard to jump into just an ok game when there are so many exceptional ones to play ya know.
    I think it's actually a really good game, although the setting of pandemic flu-ridden 1919 London might feel a bit too close to real life now.
  • QwanimalQwanimal675,914
    Posted on 17 March 20 at 21:54
    Mortal Kombat fatality quest isn't tracking progress either. Had the same problem with one of last month's. This new quest system is a broken mess so far.
  • Posted on 17 March 20 at 22:01
    Looks like nothing is tracking due to the server problems. Not just affecting achievements, it's also affecting tracking progress in games. This blows.
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
  • Posted on 17 March 20 at 22:04
    Don't know if it was because I left it too late but this morning at 3am or so UK time the Lego ones for last weeks awards were still up but stopped tracking. Can't get the Gears Pop to work either.
  • Posted on 17 March 20 at 22:27
    Yeah plague tale not working threw stuff in the ground and at guys and nowt 🙁 the one for getting an achievement in game pass just popped though so who knows
  • Posted on 17 March 20 at 22:41
    I've not been getting anything tracked in Terraria either. I'm just happy there's a reason it's not been working and should be fixed soon
  • Nv DefinesNv Defines431,964
    Posted on 18 March 20 at 00:39
    Also not tracking Plague Tale for me. Everything else has been fine (Doom, Terraria, Lego Worlds)... and no issues with achievements here, having picked up at least one in all of the above cry
  • Posted on 18 March 20 at 06:51
    Good luck everyone!
  • I Boz lI Boz l790,890
    Posted on 18 March 20 at 07:48
    GP quests are often buggy..they unlock or the progress goes up with delay in most cases.
    They should fix that because it's not the first time it happens
  • PURESSENCEPURESSENCE985,833
    Posted on 18 March 20 at 10:20
    Plague Tale unlocking now
    Too much work, not enough games
  • MattHLowMattHLow1,165,872
    Posted on 18 March 20 at 10:37
    So is Mortal Kombat
  • vegansoundvegansound747,680
    Posted on 18 March 20 at 14:02, Edited on 18 March 20 at 14:05 by vegansound
    Last week' Ninjago's quest was impossible to finish for people who finished it at 100%. So I was afraid I couldn't do A Plague Tale's quest since I've already finish the game at 100%, but I did get the quest. Just think of thowing something with your hands like pots, because throwing rocks won't count as you use your weapon to do so, not directly your hands.

I messaged Microsoft Rewards to warn them I had trouble unlocking Ninjago and Ori's quests since their punchcards don't work. I guess it's on its way to be fixed because a friend of mine messaged them too and they add the Reward points to his account. So don't forget to tell MS about all your troubles, they'll fix 'em.

Personally, I can't get the 'Earn an achievement in any Game Pass game' weekly quest. I'm actually playing LEGO Star Wars III, a 360 game included in the Game Pass, but nope. I'll try with an achievement from an Xbox One game, but normaly 360 games do work............
  • bLaKgRaVybLaKgRaVy675,585
    Posted on 18 March 20 at 17:55
    Can the Plague Tale challenge be done without unlocking any achievements? I intend to play it but not yet and would rather unlock the full 1000G in the same month. Call me kooky.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle968,455
    Posted on 18 March 20 at 17:57
    bLaKgRaVy said:
    Can the Plague Tale challenge be done without unlocking any achievements? I intend to play it but not yet and would rather unlock the full 1000G in the same month. Call me kooky.
    According to this, sure you can, kooky wink
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • bLaKgRaVybLaKgRaVy675,585
    Posted on 18 March 20 at 18:11
    Thanks Shin! smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.