Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

New weekly Xbox Game Pass Quests are now live for another 130 Microsoft Rewards Points

• GroungeMunkyGroungeMunky783,168
    Posted on 18 March 20 at 18:33
    Mortal Kombat will not accept easy fatalities you must use the correct input to get it to work.
    I did it with Liu Kang's Splitter: Back, Forward, Down, Up (Close range).

Microsoft have been made aware of the gears and ori punch card issue so hopefully it will get fix as it's 750 points.
  • LaathsLaaths108,964
    Posted on 18 March 20 at 20:45
    Having Plague Tale be one of the game pass quest games seems a little tone deaf...
    Laaths
  • Dani3poDani3po66,443
    Posted on 18 March 20 at 21:45
    GroungeMunky said:
    Mortal Kombat will not accept easy fatalities you must use the correct input to get it to work.

Microsoft have been made aware of the gears and ori punch card issue so hopefully it will get fix as it's 750 points.
    In any mode?
  • Posted on 18 March 20 at 23:42, Edited on 18 March 20 at 23:56 by zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
    Dani3po#2145 said:
    GroungeMunky said:

In any mode?
    I’m doing them in 2 player local, 1 round, full button fatalities.toast
    Matthew
  • Posted on 18 March 20 at 23:44
    Laaths said:
    Having Plague Tale be one of the game pass quest games seems a little tone deaf...
    roll
    Matthew
  • GroungeMunkyGroungeMunky783,168
    Posted on 20 March 20 at 17:40
    Dani3po#2145 said:
    GroungeMunky said:

In any mode?
    yeah just did it in two player for speed
  • Drazer76Drazer76594,032
    Posted on 21 March 20 at 10:05, Edited on 21 March 20 at 10:05 by Drazer76
    Second thing to try if someone still has the quest available but doesn’t want to start the game.
    With Lego you could collect the bricks while on a second account as long as you were signed in to your main, and the tracker moved. Does that work for this perhaps too?
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm433,804
    Posted on 21 March 20 at 18:08
    bLaKgRaVy said:
    Can the Plague Tale challenge be done without unlocking any achievements? I intend to play it but not yet and would rather unlock the full 1000G in the same month. Call me kooky.
    Yes. Start the game. When you get to your house, you might hear the stable hand tell you there are practice targets behind the stable. There is a missable achievement for practicing and hitting six. Skip this. Go to the left and proceed with the story. Soon, you will learn how to throw stones. You are only expected to throw one at a time, but you can throw all three you pick up. Go forward and find another three. Throw them and you'll get the game pass quest without unlocking an achievement.

Alternatively, after throwing the first three, you can press cn_start and, from the menu there, reload the checkpoint. You will replay the segment where you threw the stones. The previous stones count towards the quest as do the new ones you throw.

Except for the missable achievement, the next achievement does not come until after another 10-15 minutes of game play along a very linear path. If the game prompts you to run, do not, and you will not unlock that achievement.
  • Posted on 21 March 20 at 23:31
    The daily "play Game Pass Game" isn't working today, for some reason, for me, at least. I've tried several Game Pass Games, and it's not "questing" to completion.
    Posted on 22 March 20 at 00:13
    Kendog52404 said:
    The daily "play Game Pass Game" isn't working today, for some reason, for me, at least. I've tried several Game Pass Games, and it's not "questing" to completion.
    Same here. I got credit for the five rocks thrown in A Plague Tale: Innocence as well as credit for unlocking a Game Pass game achievement. So, XBox knows I've played one of the Game Pass games. Still, when I check on the quests, I get, "Play any Game Pass game - 0/1." I've tried other Game Pass games and did a power cycle on my X1. Nothing worked.
  • Sir PaulygonSir Paulygon398,985
    Posted on 22 March 20 at 02:36
    Allgorhythm said:
    Kendog52404 said:
    Same here. I got credit for the five rocks thrown in A Plague Tale: Innocence as well as credit for unlocking a Game Pass game achievement. So, XBox knows I've played one of the Game Pass games. Still, when I check on the quests, I get, "Play any Game Pass game - 0/1." I've tried other Game Pass games and did a power cycle on my X1. Nothing worked.
    Same here. Think the daily "play Game Pass Game" didn't trigger for me earlier in the week either. Wasn't that bothered by it, so didn't do any additional troubleshooting.
  • Posted on 22 March 20 at 14:18
    It finally worked, late last night. I also suddenly got a deluge of Achiements that I think I got earlier in the Week, but didn't show up. On the one I looked at, it said it "unlocked" on March 17, so, shrugs.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285371,174
    Posted on 23 March 20 at 21:04
    Daily Game Pass acting up for me again today. Don't understand how something that tracked just fine last month can be broken this month when nothing changed about its unlock just its total points. Get it together MS
  • Posted on 24 March 20 at 03:01
    EazyE2285 said:
    Daily Game Pass acting up for me again today. Don't understand how something that tracked just fine last month can be broken this month when nothing changed about its unlock just its total points. Get it together MS
    Same here, and add to that the Daily Quests don't show up until 2PM ET. Been trying every hour all day since and it won't pop, now 11PM ET (USA). Game Pass Mobile popped right away though. Just doesn't make sense one works while the other won't, very bad coding - my dog could do better.
  • Drazer76Drazer76594,032
    Posted on 24 March 20 at 09:49
    Nothing yesterday or today for me, only the app one.
    With that I have enough days to get to 45 so it’s fine but doesn’t leave leeway.
    And will the new weekly later track for playing 5 different games as it’s the same thing..
  • aphexbraphexbr130,406
    Posted on 24 March 20 at 14:37
    I'm also having problems with the daily quest - using mobile app worked fine and I got the Plague Tale one, but the quest for playing a game pass game refuses to pop. Hopefully they get that fixed or credit us for the monthly!
    Posted on 25 March 20 at 02:16
    I'm still having trouble with the daily quest, "Play any Game Pass game." In spite of having gotten several weekly quests yesterday & today for unlocking achievements etc. in Game Pass games I still showed "Play any Game Pass game - 0/1" for the daily quest.
  • Posted on 25 March 20 at 12:00, Edited on 25 March 20 at 12:01 by TheodenKing
    March 24/25 Play Game Pass Game Daily not popping, March 25 Play 3 or 3 Ach only pops using ach and X-Box Support is unresponsive, this is the e-mail I got:

Thanks for contacting Microsoft Rewards Customer Support.

We're sorry but we're currently unable to provide assisted support. We're working hard to get back up as quickly as possible. Please check out support.microsoft.com for our other support options and latest status. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
    Posted on 25 March 20 at 17:39
    This morning, I got credit for playing a Game Pass game yesterday. Today, I played What Remains of Edith Finch. I did not get the "Play any Game Pass game" quest for playing it today. I loaded up a couple more just to be sure. But, in Game Pass games, I still showed "Play any Game Pass game - 0/1" for the daily quest. Moreover, the counter for the number of game pass games played did not advance. Edith Finch should have been the 7th Game Pass game played this month, but the counter is stuck on 6.
  • Posted on 25 March 20 at 22:07
    Woot woot! Just got my monthly 1k quest finally turned in. toast
    Matthew
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.