Guides

A forum for game tips, tricks, and guide news articles.

The Witcher 3 walkthrough – a complete Xbox achievement guide

• Posted on 19 March 20 at 01:50Permalink
    Grateful for many of the walkthroughs on this site. Always giving a Thumbs Up if I had minimal/no problems making my way through the game.

I prefer walkthroughs that only focus on the achievement requirements and less about every.little.thing a player does during the game. A good walkthrough gives heads up about achievement requirements/missables up front and keys players in at points in the game when an achievement is to be had!
  • Renato UNSCRenato UNSC886,185
    Posted on 19 March 20 at 03:26Permalink
    Nice work clap
    True is Back :)
  • Posted on 19 March 20 at 08:11Permalink
    Really pleased that the walkthrough creators/contributors are being thanked, a lot of effort clearly goes into them and as a site we are definitely grateful.

I echo what others have said, a short roadmap is often what I'm looking for. It just needs to set out any key things you need to know before starting, any missable achievements, perhaps a good way of approaching the game i.e. heroic then legendary. Xboxachievements use to, for me, hit the nail on the head. I'm currently playing Halo 5 and consulting the walkthrough but there just seems to be a lot of detail that isn't necessarily needed (no offence to the publisher - most people probably prefer it that way). A few videos and couple lines of text for each achievement would suffice in my opinion.

Regardless of my opinion, keep it all up! I joined this site 10 years ago and I still find myself visiting daily even if it is just to browse what games people have been playing.
  • NoApologies1988NoApologies19881,112,216
    Posted on 19 March 20 at 08:18Permalink
    I didn't know you could give ratings, there's a few poorly written ones out there.
    Join me in annoying the hell out of devs and publishers as we try to get our broken games fixed.
  • Posted on 19 March 20 at 09:17Permalink
    NoApologies1988 said:
    I didn't know you could give ratings, there's a few poorly written ones out there.
    Assuming you're talking about walkthroughs, you can't rate them. You either 'thank the author' or you don't. Best you can do with a bad walkthrough is post about it in the walkthrough forum.
  • NoApologies1988NoApologies19881,112,216
    Posted on 19 March 20 at 09:24Permalink
    Zwaveldioxide said:
    NoApologies1988 said:
    Assuming you're talking about walkthroughs, you can't rate them. You either 'thank the author' or you don't. Best you can do with a bad walkthrough is post about it in the walkthrough forum.
    Yea I assumed as much, so Witcher 3's walkthrough isn't exactly 'best rated'.
    Join me in annoying the hell out of devs and publishers as we try to get our broken games fixed.
  • RavenWraitheRavenWraithe191,493
    Posted on 19 March 20 at 09:34Permalink
    Wow!! Thanks TA for recognising my walkthrough. I'm truly honoured and it's actually motivated me to get working on more.

Musikfreak007 said:
    Grateful for many of the walkthroughs on this site. Always giving a Thumbs Up if I had minimal/no problems making my way through the game.

I prefer walkthroughs that only focus on the achievement requirements and less about every.little.thing a player does during the game. A good walkthrough gives heads up about achievement requirements/missables up front and keys players in at points in the game when an achievement is to be had!
    I totally get you on this. I love getting those achievements, but also don't want the story spoilt for me. I absolutely try to make my walkthroughs as spoiler-free as possible and at times I need to skimp on the details here and there in the games so that readers can still get those achievements and enjoy the game. I really tried that with Witcher 3 cause it's such a masterpiece and should be enjoyed.

Seitzz said:
    Must've been quite the walkthrough to write.
    It definitely was a huuuge undertaking. When I started out on the walkthrough, there was already someone working on the walkthrough but had stalled for sometime. So I just started a random writeup on Word as I played the game. I actually hadn't done a walkthrough before, and I wasn't sure how to go about the whole thing. When TA announced they're looking for a new author, I merged my write-up with what had been done before, and continued on. It was a learning curve, but enjoyed doing it.

A huge thanks to the community for appreciating the walkthrough. I must also give a very special thanks to LuckyKant. LuckyKant has been using the walkthrough recently, and actively messaged me on errors here and there, and suggestions to make it better. I've been editing it to improve it based on that. I'm open to hear from more of you on any more tweaks I can make for it to be better.

I love this community! Thank you all.
  • Posted on 20 March 20 at 02:45Permalink
    RavenWraithe said:
    I totally get you on this.
    That's really cool that you've gone back to update and that's crazy that your first walkthrough was Witcher 3!
    Definitely planned to reference your walkthrough whenever I take on that game.

A big thank you to all WT contributors!
  • mentocmentoc528,929
    Posted on 20 March 20 at 10:09Permalink
    I give you kudos for doing this walk-through and thank you for adding to the community.
  • XellizXelliz229,912
    Posted on 20 March 20 at 12:41Permalink
    The Nerevarine said:
    I recently beat this game and had some serious issues with achievements unlocking.
    Same. I played the game last year and its great, but my experience was tarnished because of achievements not unlocking. I was able to get some through previous saves, but not all and thats annoying.
  • Posted on 20 March 20 at 19:13Permalink
    Xelliz said:
    The Nerevarine said:
    I recently beat this game and had some serious issues with achievements unlocking.
    Same. I played the game last year and its great, but my experience was tarnished because of achievements not unlocking. I was able to get some through previous saves, but not all and thats annoying.
    Same here. I got most, but I think about 4 didn't unlock for me. I did "clear the cache" and do a hard reset, and surprisingly this fixed some of them, but the others still didn't unlock when I spent the time going back over the game to unlock them. Got fed up and left it. But still happy with what I got.
    zero cool 4406
  • KapstokmanKapstokman633,082
    Posted on 29 June 20 at 08:25, Edited on 29 June 20 at 08:25 by KapstokmanPermalink
    I find it strange that so many people are having achievement issues. I played both versions with every single achievement unlocking when it had to. My girlfriend is currently playing through the non-GOTY version and also has no issues at all.

I'm assuming this is related to having your console on instant-on mode, which has been known to cause a whole lot of achievement issues. Try playing on energy-saving mode or making sure to always close the game before turning off your Xbox.
  • Posted on 29 June 20 at 18:39Permalink
    Can’t imagine how long this WT must have taken to write. Incredible job!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.