Community Events

Forum for the Crazy Random Achievement Bash Contest

Crazy Random Achievement Bash Discussion

• Osmo76Osmo76699,151
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 16:25Permalink
    Ahayzo said:
    If you own a game on disc, whether it is on a digital service very much can be relevant. You otherwise wouldn't know you have it digitally. If we were able to select multiples (rather than just adding an option called "GP + Owned" or whatever), it would allow to set it all more accurately. It wouldn't change anything for the people who don't care, and the backend wouldn't likely have to change a ton either.
    Then you would also need different options: "GP + Owned (disc)" and "GP + Owned (digital)". And then we also need to add "GP PC + Owned (disc/digital)"

I'm still trying to wonder the situation where you would need this. You browse your GC and spot game X, which you want to play. If you click the game it opens the game page which immediately tells you if it is in Game Pass. Or if you want to browse Game Pass games which you own, you can choose "Owned" and "Xbox Game Pass".

If people see this as a useful addition then sure. I just always try to keep things as simple as possible because of my work (and personality, I guess). smile
  • AhayzoAhayzo684,966
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 16:32Permalink
    Osmo76 said:
    Ahayzo said:
    If you own a game on disc, whether it is on a digital service very much can be relevant. You otherwise wouldn't know you have it digitally. If we were able to select multiples (rather than just adding an option called "GP + Owned" or whatever), it would allow to set it all more accurately. It wouldn't change anything for the people who don't care, and the backend wouldn't likely have to change a ton either.
    Then you would also need different options: "GP + Owned (disc)" and "GP + Owned (digital)". And then we also need to add "GP PC + Owned (disc/digital)"
    I feel like you aren't even reading my comments. I specifically said I don't want a single option that includes the subscription + Owned, so no we wouldn't need all those new options. What I want to see is for the single select dropdown to be changed to a dropdown with checkboxes where you select however many apply.

I'm still trying to wonder the situation where you would need this. You browse your GC and spot game X, which you want to play. If you click the game it opens the game page which immediately tells you if it is in Game Pass. Or if you want to browse Game Pass games which you own, you can choose "Owned" and "Xbox Game Pass".
    And to reiterate my earlier response - why even have Game Pass as an ownership option, when we can just use the category filter or open the page? Because we want more detailed and accurate info, just like what I'm requesting.

I just always try to keep things as simple as possible because of my work (and personality, I guess).
    And that's part of why I don't want a new option called "Game Pass + Owned", because checkboxes would allow you to set it with a single click just like now, while people who want more accurate and detailed info can have it.
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • Osmo76Osmo76699,151
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 17:54Permalink
    Ahayzo said:
    I feel like you aren't even reading my comments. I specifically said I don't want a single option that includes the subscription + Owned, so no we wouldn't need all those new options. What I want to see is for the single select dropdown to be changed to a dropdown with checkboxes where you select however many apply.
    I read them, I'm just too stupid to understand. You have used the term multiselect field and I didn't understand that means checkboxes since usually it doesn't.

Ahayzo said:
    And to reiterate my earlier response - why even have Game Pass as an ownership option, when we can just use the category filter or open the page? Because we want more detailed and accurate info, just like what I'm requesting.
    In your setting, what would the dropdown selection say if you owned the game only on Game Pass? Owned but also have the checkbox for Game Pass?
  • AhayzoAhayzo684,966
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 18:06Permalink
    Osmo76 said:
    In your setting, what would the dropdown selection say if you owned the game only on Game Pass? Owned but also have the checkbox for Game Pass?
    So, it wouldn't be a dropdown + checkboxes, the checkboxes would be in the dropdown. Basically, it would look exactly like it does now. The difference would be when you open that dropdown, each option will have a checkbox next to it to select whichever applies. So, own the disc and have Game Pass? You would to check the Owned option, and the Game Pass option. Instead of selecting one, you check any that apply.
  • Osmo76Osmo76699,151
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 18:14Permalink
    Ahayzo said:
    Osmo76 said:
    So, it wouldn't be a dropdown + checkboxes, the checkboxes would be in the dropdown. Basically, it would look exactly like it does now. The difference would be when you open that dropdown, each option will have a checkbox next to it to select whichever applies. So, own the disc and have Game Pass? You would to check the Owned option, and the Game Pass option. Instead of selecting one, you check any that apply.
    Okay, I see. I think you still wouldn't be able to see all your ownership options with a single glance. You would have to click the game icon to get Game Details and then click the Ownership field to see all checkboxes.
  • AhayzoAhayzo684,966
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 18:17Permalink
    In Image View, probably. I don't use it now so not sure what the differences there would need to be. For list view I think you could have two or three show up at a glance, and a hover over it to see any more - not that I can think of any reason you'd need for more than three, or even two really. I don't think there's much, if any crossover between Game Pass/GWG/Access
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 20:11Permalink
    Really enjoying it so far. Been looking for something to drive me to go through my backlog.

Maybe when this is done you guys could keep the code and make it a feature for pro members to just get a list created for fun or to kick people like myself up the arse to get backlogs completed.
  • vSullyvSully851,986
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 20:38, Edited on 26 March 20 at 20:39 by vSullyPermalink
    GrzegorzWawa said:
    Mission Accomplished, thank you
    Congrats. I was making somewhat of an attempt to get it done first when I noticed that I was up at the top of the leaderboard. But I just had too much work to do with two of the five games I chose to start just for the event as both required campaign completions.
  • KarenMack87KarenMack87113,708
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 21:20Permalink
    How do you remove games from your collection?
  • GrzegorzWawaGrzegorzWawa139,736
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 21:25Permalink
    vSully said:
    GrzegorzWawa said:
    Mission Accomplished, thank you
    Congrats. I was making somewhat of an attempt to get it done first when I noticed that I was up at the top of the leaderboard. But I just had too much work to do with two of the five games I chose to start just for the event as both required campaign completions.
    Thanks. I would do it in one day, because I chose really easy games, but without the help of my daughter it would be hard. It's good to have a helper in Lego games. Good luck next time.
  • lightsup55lightsup55247,082
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 21:39, Edited on 26 March 20 at 22:08 by lightsup55Permalink
    KarenMack87 said:
    To remove games that are Not started and are available with a subscription, but your subscription expired:
    1) For Xbox Game Pass titles, click the red I no longer have Xbox Game Pass button on the page (found in Subscription Manager area; you may need to scroll down if on mobile)
    2) For Xbox Game Pass for PC titles, click the red I no longer have Xbox Game Pass for PC button on the page (found in Subscription Manager area; you may need to scroll down if on mobile)
    3) For EA Access titles, click the red I no longer have EA Access Vault button on the page (found in Subscription Manager area; you may need to scroll down if on mobile)

To remove games that are Not started, you can:
    1a) Go to your game collection, click View and Filter, then click List view. For each game that you don't want included for this and future events, click Edit, then change Ownership to either Loaned out, No longer have, Unable to play, or Not for contests (whatever the case is).
    OR
    1b) Go to your game collection, click View and Filter, then click List view. For each game that you want to remove, click Edit, then click Remove from collection
    OR
    2) Go to the game's achievement page, click ... (ellipsis), then click Remove from my Game Collection.

Started games (unlocked at least 1 achievement) cannot be completely removed your game collection, however, you can change the ownership status for Started games as detailed below.

For games that were Started (unlocked at least 1 achievement):
    - Go to your game collection, click View and Filter, then click List view. For each game that you don't want included for this and future events, click Edit, then change Ownership to either Loaned out, No longer have, Unable to play, or Not for contests (whatever the case is)
  • KarenMack87KarenMack87113,708
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 22:26Permalink
    lightsup55 said:
    KarenMack87 said:
    To remove games that are Not started, you can either:
    1a) Go to your game collection, click View and Filter, then click List view. For each game that you don't want included for this and future events, click Edit, then change Ownership to either Loaned out, No longer have, Unable to play, or Not for contests (whatever the case is).
    OR
    1b) Go to your game collection, click View and Filter, then click List view. For each game that you want to remove, click Edit, then click Remove from collection.
    OR
    2) Go to the game's achievement page, click ... (ellipsis), then click Remove from my Game Collection.

Started games (unlocked at least 1 achievement) cannot be completely removed your game collection, however, you can change the ownership status as detailed below.

For games that were Started (unlocked at least 1 achievement):
    - Go to your game collection, click View and Filter, then click List view. For each game that you don't want included for this and future events, click Edit, then change Ownership to either Loaned out, No longer have, Unable to play, or Not for contests (whatever the case is).
    Thanks!
  • CauseCause380,173
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 23:23Permalink
    I heard each person has one reset available. Can I request a reset? I didn't realize you could remove games prior to having your list compile. Thanks in advance.
    Grammar Nazi. I do it for the posts.
  • AhayzoAhayzo684,966
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 23:24Permalink
    Cause said:
    I heard each person has one reset available. Can I request a reset? I didn't realize you could remove games prior to having your list compile. Thanks in advance.
    No need to request. Go back to the registration page and click the Unregister button. Make your changes to your collection, and even change which platforms are included if you want, then reregister.
  • lightsup55lightsup55247,082
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 23:41Permalink
    Cause said:
    You'll find the Unregister from Contest button at the bottom of this page:
    Register for Crazy Random Achievement Bash

After unregistering, do not re-register for the event again just yet. You need to get your collection in order.

Make changes to your game collection. Now click View and Filter, then click List view. For each game that you don't want included for this and future events, click Edit, then change Ownership to either Loaned out, No longer have, Unable to play, or Not for contests (whatever the case is).

You can also easily add/remove your game access subscriptions using the following links: Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Game Pass for PC, and EA Access.

After you have your collection in order, you'll find the Register now for Crazy Random Achievement Bash button at the bottom of this page:

Good luck!
  • CauseCause380,173
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 23:42Permalink
    Ahayzo said:
    No need to request. Go back to the registration page and click the Unregister button. Make your changes to your collection, and even change which platforms are included if you want, then reregister.
    I was looking for that, I don't have an unregister option. Is it maybe because I just registered 10 minutes ago?
  • CauseCause380,173
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 23:43Permalink
    lightsup55 said:
    You'll find the Unregister from Contest button at the bottom of this page:

After unregistering, do not re-register for the event again just yet. You need to get your collection in order.

Make changes to your game collection. Now click View and Filter, then click List view. For each game that you don't want included for this and future events, click Edit, then change Ownership to either Loaned out, No longer have, Unable to play, or Not for contests (whatever the case is).

You can also easily add/remove your game access subscriptions using the following links: Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Game Pass for PC, and EA Access.

After you have your collection in order, you'll find the Register now for Crazy Random Achievement Bash button at the bottom of this page:

Good luck!
    Thanks for the link, lightsup, that did the trick!
  • Posted on 27 March 20 at 03:21Permalink
    So far this is really fun, but I came across 2 that I got that I think definitely qualify as time-consuming.

Long Service Medal in Mass Effect (2 complete playthroughs)
    and
    (#SPOILERS) in Fable Anniversary (final boss)
  • Timww572Timww572788,530
    Posted on 27 March 20 at 03:48Permalink
    Grumpy0lLady said:
    So far this is really fun, but I came across 2 that I got that I think definitely qualify as time-consuming.

and
    Time Consuming is typically only applied to achievements that require a lot of boosting/grinding/idling. TA doesn't consider story progress and multiple playthroughs time consuming. You can see the definitions for flags here
  • Runner eGirlRunner eGirl461,006
    Posted on 27 March 20 at 04:04Permalink
    Timww572 said:
    Grumpy0lLady said:

and
    Time Consuming is typically only applied to achievements that require a lot of boosting/grinding/idling. TA doesn't consider story progress and multiple playthroughs time consuming. You can see the definitions for flags here
    Well, the time consuming flag is not very accurate, there are achievements that are clearly time consuming but because of the way they are worded (achievement description), they are not considered as such. As an example, you can read these two posts:

1) Flags I submitted for some Gears 5 achievements (notice the detailed math on BFFs):
    Gears 5 - Achievement Flag submissions

2) Explanation as to why BFFs is NOT(?) time-consuming...
    Gears 5 - Achievement Flag submissions

So anyone with Gears 5 in their game collection for this challenge could potentially have gotten BFFs despite the fact that time-consuming achievements are specifically excluded from the valid achievements pool... (the only reason no one did get that achievement is because it has a ratio above 10, which will go down in the future as more people put in the time to unlock it)

I get that there has to be an objective line drawn somewhere, but there should also be some way of handling exceptions (if we want accurate flags of course, if not, just leave it as is and who cares)
    embrace your inner freak
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.