Site News

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

Introducing the latest TrueAchievements Community Challenge - CRAB!

• matdanmatdan709,419
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 01:24Permalink
    Ooh, good thing I can edit because my first list was a stinker. Love these contests, haven't done one in an age.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • SPACE ODDITYSPACE ODDITY987,658
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 01:43Permalink
    xStupid Zombiex said:
    The way I edited my game collection was to go to my "Games" tab. Then hover over the the games cover art. Then click "Edit". Then change the drop down bar next to ownership from "Owned" to "Not for contests". It updates right then and there
    You are a Star, thank you so much.
    QUAKE 4 Number One GRAW Solo Number One
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC628,170
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 06:06Permalink
    My list definitely has a bunch of stinkers like

Dishonored 2Empire in ChaosThe Empire in Chaos achievement in Dishonored 2 worth 67 pointsComplete the game in high chaos

Saints Row 2Partners in CrimeThe Partners in Crime achievement in Saints Row 2 worth 282 pointsComplete all campaign missions in co-op

Batman: Arkham OriginsPersonal TrainerThe Personal Trainer achievement in Batman: Arkham Origins worth 29 pointsObtain all the medals on Combat Training maps

Hyper Light DrifterSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Hyper Light Drifter worth 195 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Perfect DarkPerfect AgentThe Perfect Agent achievement in Perfect Dark worth 124 pointsComplete the Solo Missions on Perfect Agent.

Got 10 total for completing games again on harder difficulties or coop.

Should be fun nonetheless and looking forward to get into it.
    Will you love me when there's nothing left to love?
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 09:43Permalink
    OH god i have to do finish halo 2 on legendary in under 3 hours, god dammit.
  • JBS 80JBS 80574,045
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 11:22Permalink
    EternallyBroken said:
    JBS 80 said:
    EternallyBroken said:
    First challenge that I have entered. I should have read all these comments before I accepted. Got lots of versus multiplayer achievements in games where I have completed all or most of the singleplayer achievements, and that I wasn't planning to EVER play any multiplayer in.
    Together with stuff like "Expert Tour Champ" in Guitar Hero 2 where I'm a normal player only and lots of other crap achievements.

Anyway it's my own fault since I don't have any previous experience with challenges and that I didn't read the comments from people before registering for the challenge. Now I learned that you can exclude games from reading these comments. So if I ever will try it again I will take 10-15 minutes to exclude games where I'm done with singleplayer and only have versus multiplayer achievements left that I'm never planning to do.

It could have been fun but now I will just ignore it. Good luck to everyone else though! smile
    Hard luck, EternallyBroken. I had a similar situation in last year's UHH challenge, but I learned my lesson from that for this one. It's unfortunate that this is your first experience of community challenges, but I hope it doesn't put you off entering future ones. They can be great fun.
    Thanks for the support. I see they made so you could unregister for the challenge. So I did that and going to sort out the games where I have completed all the singleplayer/coop achievements and only have versus multiplayer achievements left.
    I thought that the might implement an unregister/reroll function as I was writing my last comment, but I didn't want to tempt fate. I'm glad to see from your other post that you got a workable list second time around, and I hope you have fun going for the 15.
  • Fluke939Fluke939280,409
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:30Permalink
    I was hoping you'd do something like this whilst I was stuck at home. Lockdown life got me bored as hell
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 18:27Permalink
    Aww man, I got an online achievement for a game released in 2013. F1 2013. I couldn't even beat the tutorial in that game.
  • KACG FeaRKACG FeaR300,659
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 19:22Permalink
    Curious if the code picks up games that you have removed from your game collection but have started in the past? Would love to know as I am trying to update my collection that's been growing for 15 years and realize the games I have hidden do not show up on the game collection screen for me to mark as "no longer have" or "not for contests"
  • FreshAspekFreshAspek352,422
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 20:39Permalink
    AtlantisRhythm said:
    A Dreadful Shot said:
    Reina Watt said:
    So I have no chance of being able to do this challenge with the challenges provided, I tried to update the games list and it looks like my updates were ignored.
    Just curious, what did you do to update the games list? Maybe the site needs to make an article on how to edit ownership in My Game Collection.
    Pretty sure they've been changing the Play Status and not Ownership. Rich made it quite clear in his message.
    I think you are right given that they reference "On Hold." Their updates were not ignored, they just updated the wrong section.
  • Silver1337Silver1337354,334
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 21:31Permalink
    KACG FeaR said:
    Curious if the code picks up games that you have removed from your game collection but have started in the past? Would love to know as I am trying to update my collection that's been growing for 15 years and realize the games I have hidden do not show up on the game collection screen for me to mark as "no longer have" or "not for contests"
    Hidden games are still technically in My Game Collection, so you have to change the ownership status to exclude them from the challenge. To find hidden games, filter your list by Play Status --> Hidden.

I assume that once they're correctly set as "no longer have" or "not for contests," you can re-hide them. Alternatively, My Game Collection has a checkbox for excluding unowned games from view; anything set as "no longer have" will be auto-hidden with that, but it's more easily toggled.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285301,027
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 23:42Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Actually no I think it’s perfectly fair to make these as fun and accessible as possible to the majority of users.

I believe quite a large proportion of the site don’t really know how to get to grips with a lot of its features, including managing their game collections. So it’s perfectly reasonable for them to have messed up on their first go around and be given the opportunity to reroll.

Nothing about the challenge itself has changed for those who want to stick with their first go and without curating their lists. It’s not a contest or competition. If you want to do it hard mode you can. If someone wants to do it easy mode they can.
    I stand corrected then. It's not a challenge if you can say no I don't like that one then make it your own way.

Anyways til next time within 24 hours when the 1xx post basically stating we didn't bother reading the rules and they change it again for your minuscule proportion of the site
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce794,199
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 23:57, Edited on 27 March 20 at 00:05 by ChewieOnIcePermalink
    EazyE2285 said:
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Actually no I think it’s perfectly fair to make these as fun and accessible as possible to the majority of users.

I believe quite a large proportion of the site don’t really know how to get to grips with a lot of its features, including managing their game collections. So it’s perfectly reasonable for them to have messed up on their first go around and be given the opportunity to reroll.

Nothing about the challenge itself has changed for those who want to stick with their first go and without curating their lists. It’s not a contest or competition. If you want to do it hard mode you can. If someone wants to do it easy mode they can.
    I stand corrected then. It's not a challenge if you can say no I don't like that one then make it your own way.

Anyways til next time within 24 hours when the 1xx post basically stating we didn't bother reading the rules and they change it again for your minuscule proportion of the site
    I don't know why you keep mentioning the 100% club. Most of the people who were concerned about their original lists and have since been grateful for the reroll are not in that group.

In fact I'd say that most of the people in that group are site veterans and know exactly how game collections and these events work so it would be less likely to be a problem for them. Most of the people having issues were people who seemed completely unfamiliar with how the collection worked and had accidentally got things set to owned when they didn't actually own them. Again, I think it's fair enough to educate those people about these features and give them the opportunity to reroll.

You seem to be very annoyed about something that has no impact on your participation in the event in the slightest.
    @ChewieOnIce | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • KirklessKirkless689,677
    Posted on 27 March 20 at 13:25, Edited on 27 March 20 at 13:26 by KirklessPermalink
    I messed mine up when re-registering and picked "My Collection" not reading that it meant every game on Game Pass that I have no intention of playing. My new list has only 1 achievement from a game I've actually started and I can't unregister and re-register again. Oh well, I guess I'm done with this event before it started. Should've stuck with my original list. Could've possibly gotten 10 off of that one.
    Light is always relevant.
  • Posted on 28 March 20 at 08:32Permalink
    Ehh, got to make a list after all :)

Mostly 360 games...

Came to start this morning...

360 red ringed

Lol
  • ShinnizleShinnizle841,116
    Posted on 01 April 20 at 15:57Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:
    EazyE2285 said:

I don't know why you keep mentioning the 100% club. Most of the people who were concerned about their original lists and have since been grateful for the reroll are not in that group.
    Exactly. It sounds like he's trying to push a narrative that simply isn't there.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.