Xbox Quests

Tips and tricks for completing Xbox Game Pass Quests. All new Xbox Quests are posted here as soon as they are released.

Descenders Xbox Quest

• WyyvernWyyvern520,090
    Posted on 25 March 20 at 20:48Permalink
    Just did those steps and didn't get the quest, is XBL having issues again?
    Here be dragons.
  • AmethystineAmethystine891,164
    Posted on 25 March 20 at 20:59Permalink
    It seems, currently, the only way for Xbox Game Pass Quests to be recognized [or for the system to realize you're playing a game at all], is for you to unlock an achievement.

For example, my achievements screen, on the Xbox, shows the same games in the same order, no matter what I do, lately. Xbox's servers in general do not realize I have played a game I never had before, and have not put it into that list. It's a game I don't wish to begin, and I have not unlocked achievements in it.

Moreover, the game that is second in my list on my xbox's achievement page has not moved to the top, even though I have played it most recently, and have unlocked new achievements in it.

The whole system is overloaded these days, it seems.
    -Amethystine
  • tifosidavetifosidave55,322
    Posted on 25 March 20 at 23:14Permalink
    I got it by losing all lives twice, completing skull never did it for me!
  • Posted on 25 March 20 at 23:20Permalink
    sCoRpTanK said:
    1 - From the Lobby, press Start and select "Ride".
    2 - Select "Multiplayer Lobby" then Press A to "Create New Game".
    3 - Press A to "Ride" (You can setup a Password so no one join your Session)
    4 - Finish the Tracks until you arrive at the Skull Mark on the map.
    5 - After you beat Skull Level (Boss Track), you will have completed your first Session
    6 - Repeat one more time and you should have 2 Sessions Completed.

Depending on the route you have taken on the map, you should have completed in total 10 Tracks and 2 Boss Tracks.
    thank you for 1,2&3!!

I did your guide but my
    4- Rekt till game over
    5- Collect random reward if any
    6- Repeat one more time
  • DarqStalkerDarqStalker679,681
    Posted on 25 March 20 at 23:23Permalink
    Creating your own multiplayer lobby, hit a rock or obstacle to lose all your health, repeat, works.
  • DarqStalkerDarqStalker679,681
    Posted on 25 March 20 at 23:24Permalink
    No need to get to the skull. Just start the ride, kill yourself and leave. That's 1 session. Check the stats page to see if you got credit.
  • DAVIIKUSDAVIIKUS260,512
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 00:40Permalink
    for people who have problems with Sea of Thieves, it only works on PC with ultimate pass, that's where I got it, installing it on PC
  • 嘎嘎嘎嘎嘎嘎42,777
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 03:05Permalink
    thanks to `sCoRpTanK`, keep crash until game over is easy and quick
  • OMAAADOMAAAD26,352
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 03:45Permalink
    BUZZARDBAIT1974 said:
    Can anybody tell me how to start my own session. I went into multiplayer but I don't see the option to start my own or create session.

Got this from User: FreedomGirl85. her full instruction worked for me.

But if you dont want to play the game, start the level and die so it end the session, which makes one session done.
    repeat this and you complete the quest.
  • AmethystineAmethystine891,164
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 04:05Permalink
    To anyone who is following the advice of 'just start a game and crash/kill yourself until it ends' THIS WILL GIVE YOU THE 'WIPEOUT' ACHIEVEMENT.
    -Amethystine
  • SouperH2OSouperH2O307,409
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 04:41Permalink
    Managed without any unlocks thankfully. Thanks a ton for the multiplayer lobby tip. Game is so confusing lol. I just went a little ways then hopped up and upended my guy until I was out of lives/health. Had to create my own session twice to get through it but wanted to make sure no achievements in this.
  • SouperH2OSouperH2O307,409
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 04:43Permalink
    Btw as to the WIPEOUT achievement I'm guessing you went into a career session, instead of a multiplayer lobby of your own. that's why you got the achievement.
  • NostromoXPNostromoXP332,566
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 04:48Permalink
    I have just done this with Project xCloud using the method above (start a new multiplayer game then crash until all lives are gone).

After two sessions I got the quest unlocked but I didn't get any achievements.

The guide for the Wipeout achievements states "Start a new Career and crash 4 times." so might not count if you are not in a career mode.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong261,104
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 09:15Permalink
    Raw Remedy said:
    sCoRpTanK said:
    3 - Press A to "Ride" (You can setup a Password so no one join your Session)
    4 - Finish the Tracks until you arrive at the Skull Mark on the map.
    5 - After you beat Skull Level (Boss Track), you will have completed your first Session
    6 - Repeat one more time and you should have 2 Sessions Completed.

Depending on the route you have taken on the map, you should have completed in total 10 Tracks and 2 Boss Tracks.
    I completed the quest following these steps, so thanks.
    Just to add I didn't complete the jump on the Highlands boss track - just went straight through to the finish line. I also just kept crashing to use all my remaining respawns on the following first level on Forest.
    So this is the question I have, if you fail to get to or complete the boss level does it still count? It seems from your comment that maybe it does.
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 13:45Permalink
    Just so people know, you don't actually have to "complete" the two sessions. Just deliberately die and run out of lives as soon as you start a session and that will count as "finishing" the session. I just got both by doing it this way.
  • Jo12danJamesJo12danJames134,851
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 15:37Permalink
    I got 4 achievements in this game trying to do the quest. Make sure you don't lose all your health. Or you will unlock the get rekt achievement. Health is shown I'm top left corner. Also so t do any of the special nodes and you should be fine.
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 19:00Permalink
    Confirming that death works. No achievement popped.
  • Dom2096Dom20961,066,907
    Posted on 27 March 20 at 03:15Permalink
    Creating a new room in multiplayer worked for me, thanks! Just want to point out you can intentionally smash into objects to finish the run ASAP. No need to finish the boss objective or pop any cheevos.
  • Darzu84Darzu8473,245
    Posted on 27 March 20 at 07:34Permalink
    Hello, I confirm starting game in lobby and die right after it counts as a finished session.
  • Posted on 27 March 20 at 09:56Permalink
    I did as the friend above indicated, I created my lobby and I did 2 runs, then I left and started another one, creating a new lobby, it worked
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.