Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Bleeding Edge review: fun third-person action, but Ranked and more game modes are needed

• CanezzaCanezza54,869
  • hi3gie12hi3gie12225,092
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 12:05Permalink
    3,5/5,0? laugh
  • supkrissupkris711,352
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 12:08Permalink
    JustTwo game modes is really baffling. Just 8 games and I am already bored
  • SplyntaSplynta470,319
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 12:09Permalink
    It feels very average at first glance. It seems like a game that will probably die due to not many people playing it in a few months.
  • RallyForLifeRallyForLife104,488
  • CLARION 85CLARION 852,382,903
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 12:37Permalink
    yeah i found it Unabalanced and a bit too slow moving the charakters...we need more speed faster movement...
  • SilentRich69SilentRich69720,506
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 12:45Permalink
    I think the game is alright, the gamepass should let it float around more than just being on normal sale would. Just depends on Ninja Theory sticking by it in the long term.
    I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all!
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 12:55Permalink
    Five maps? What is it with games nowadays? Even Quake 1 had 6 deathmatch maps + you could play on any of the 30+ from the sp campaign.
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 13:05Permalink
    I've found the game mildly uninspiring so far. Really just a bit meh.
    Come and see my snakes, lizards, frogs and inverts: https://www.instagram.com/maidstone_menagerie
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 13:07Permalink
    That's the main reason I don't play Overwatch etc because it's to team orientated, playing with randoms was to hit and miss. Still not tried it yet, the days of me playing in a team are long past, to much hassle and drama.

Sounds good though for people that play in groups.
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n699,459
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 13:15Permalink
    Chill tf out it's a beta more will be added. Not like they're charging $60 it's a fun time waster for me I play on PC while I'm playing another game on console that doesn't require my full attention.
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 13:23Permalink
    Another boring game in Microsofts portfolio.
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 13:32Permalink
    I knew this was gonna flop. Ninja Theory should just stick to single player game Roll on to Devil May Cry 6 .....
    Gamer for life Fan of games not plastic boxs
  • onnovdwonnovdw310,127
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 13:35Permalink
    I think the division of time put into the characters and gameplay is a bit off. The characters look and act very cool and original, but the gameplay feels stale. Hope they will change that.
    " they told me the classics never go out of style, but they do, they do "
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 13:48Permalink
    The game is also rampant with quitters. People don't work together, then get mad and leave. Please tell me they don't receive any XP when they quit.
  • KingyOwlKingyOwl373,173
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 13:51Permalink
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Chill tf out it's a beta more will be added. Not like they're charging $60 it's a fun time waster for me I play on PC while I'm playing another game on console that doesn't require my full attention.
    It is not a beta, it's a released product. The fact it may or may not get additional content later is irrelevant.
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:05Permalink
    I'm liking it so far but I understand most people's frustrations. Also haven't played a lot yet so I can't speak to wether or not it gets stale after a while.
    Doc, Doc, noose
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:18Permalink
    I’m not a fan of MOBAs and couldn’t get into Overwatch, but this is fun, but you are spot on. It’s definitely one you need friends to play with.

It will grow over time, once it gets more Modes and Maps etc, and Microsoft made the right decision putting it on Game Pass Day One, as in a world where Overwatch 2 is round the corner, this would have possibly gone the same way as LawBreakers if the £25 option was the only option.

I’m not bad at it, and won’t be spending hours on it, but I will dip my toes into to pool every so often, especially when more Game Modes are added.
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin333,769
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:27Permalink
    If you don't have a team then don't bother play this outside of the achievements. It is not fun wondering if one match you are going to steamroll or be steamrolled
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:34Permalink
    very accurate article

Cudos to you for being able to play enough to write it
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.