Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Bleeding Edge review: fun third-person action, but Ranked and more game modes are needed

• Nelson TNNelson TN111,075
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 16:06
    Genuinely one of the worst games ive played, expected a hack and slash devoloper to add more variety in attack. A single xxx string is pandering to the children audience
  • TheBongoFuryTheBongoFury1,137,197
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 16:14, Edited on 26 March 20 at 19:47 by TheBongoFury
    We miss:
    * Localisation. You end in ANY server now. Most online games allow you to choose a region.
    * The hoverboard should activate right away when you respawn.
    *The characters can be much faster. They move like slugs.
    *More emphasis on team work. People walk around solo so healers have little to no work at all.
    *More maps! More modes. Two or three maps will be boring very fast.
    *The samurai needs a nerf. He can kill people in mere seconds.

Oh. And more achievements. The game will only be played by people who need the Fiddy achievement and that will be it for the moment until they fix these things.
  • ggallinftwggallinftw548,906
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 16:19
    MidwestMonsterX said:
    The game is also rampant with quitters. People don't work together, then get mad and leave. Please tell me they don't receive any XP when they quit.
    As far as I know they put you in a pool and match you with other quitters for a while.
  • WobbloWobblo1,217,234
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 16:35
    ggallinftw said:
    MidwestMonsterX said:
    The game is also rampant with quitters. People don't work together, then get mad and leave. Please tell me they don't receive any XP when they quit.
    As far as I know they put you in a pool and match you with other quitters for a while.
    I imagine most of the people leaving games are either people who are playing their first game and realising it's not for them and never coming back or it's people who are trying really hard to like the game but ended up falling asleep out of boredom and the inactivity timer kicks them.

I'm really trying to enjoy the game as it's my kind of genre but it just feels so threadbare. I try to think of it more of a Rocket League than an Overwatch in terms of how I perceive it but it's just not clicking.
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite5,401,780
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 21:34
    This is one of the worse games I've played. It's extremely unbalanced, and it's really crap, and boring.

I'll just copy my message on twitter:

"Bleeding Edge is truly one of the worse games that I've ever played. It's an unbalanced piece of shit that tries so hard to be #Overwatch, but fails, because it's so crap, and that's why it's on gamepass, because they know if it wasn't, they'd get fuck all for sales."
  • TheBongoFuryTheBongoFury1,137,197
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 22:13
    Wobblo said:
    ggallinftw said:
    MidwestMonsterX said:
    I imagine most of the people leaving games are either people who are playing their first game and realising it's not for them and never coming back or it's people who are trying really hard to like the game but ended up falling asleep out of boredom and the inactivity timer kicks them.

I'm really trying to enjoy the game as it's my kind of genre but it just feels so threadbare. I try to think of it more of a Rocket League than an Overwatch in terms of how I perceive it but it's just not clicking.
    People pick the most powered characters. The samurai is WAY too overpowered. Just like the big Maori guy. They wreck and kill people in seconds and there is pretty much nothing to do against it.
    And yes. You can be a healer all you want, but no one plays around that same healer.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,271,599
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 22:33
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Chill tf out it's a beta more will be added. Not like they're charging $60 it's a fun time waster for me I play on PC while I'm playing another game on console that doesn't require my full attention.
    Posts like this are why games keep being released without being finished, people will accept it and put up with it.
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n2,006,650
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 22:43
    EarthboundX said:
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Chill tf out it's a beta more will be added. Not like they're charging $60 it's a fun time waster for me I play on PC while I'm playing another game on console that doesn't require my full attention.
    Posts like this are why games keep being released without being finished, people will accept it and put up with it.
    Game is $30(even less as GP) not paying for a full price game so I don't get why people complain so much. And no posts like this aren't why games get released unfinished,l. Games get released unfinished because publishers have to meet a revenue expectations by fiscal year so they rush the development to meet said revenue expectations with MTXs that idiots buy to look cool in a digital game.
  • GtechApocalypseGtechApocalypse2,589,308
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 23:02
    Not a bad game for being on game pass that you can play for free, but myself I got board with a full squad after about 10 matches. The last few achievements you need are grindy but not to bad. If I didn't get board those last few achievements would not have ben bad.
    Gtech
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,271,599
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 23:17, Edited on 26 March 20 at 23:18 by EarthboundX
    Maxumilli0n said:
    EarthboundX said:
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Game is $30(even less as GP) not paying for a full price game so I don't get why people complain so much. And no posts like this aren't why games get released unfinished,l. Games get released unfinished because publishers have to meet a revenue expectations by fiscal year so they rush the development to meet said revenue expectations with MTXs that idiots buy to look cool in a digital game.
    If that was the real reason, why is this a newer thing? Games never used to be released unfinished. Nobody should accept paying any price for an unfinished or broken game.

It keeps happening because people are buying the games, so the publishers see it as acceptance.
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin572,979
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 23:29
    ggallinftw said:
    MidwestMonsterX said:
    When they had put me in that pool for 3 matches one time. Those were where I had my most competitive matches.
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n2,006,650
    Posted on 27 March 20 at 00:43
    It's now a newer thing, unfinished games been going on forever, it wasn't until 360 allowed it and opened the floodgates for publishers to start adding extra content when in reality most of it was more than likely intended for the launch with the full game. People just went along with it and now look DLC all over the place and people just don't care that its being piecemealed for an extra 5-15 bucks when it should've been in the game at launch.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 March 20 at 09:45
    Testava said:
    Another boring game in Microsofts portfolio.
    Yep, Tried it as an insider while back and thought this game won’t last long, Personally I want some FPS’S invested in we only have Halo really
    #illholdyourbeer
  • Posted on 27 March 20 at 11:19
    this game literally released in its alpha laugh
    it even has the report bug feature all over it how about an actual testing phase
  • Posted on 27 March 20 at 17:44
    I have to say I've been delightfully surprised by Bleeding Edge. It looks great and is a great addition to Game Pass. Work as a team people!!
    Stay Safe!
  • MarknessMarkness23,115
    Posted on 28 March 20 at 08:03
    Is this the best game ever? No.

Are people over-reacting and whining like babies? Yes.

Verdict from someone that has Game Pass: Play it, get those achievements and enjoy the ride. It is not nearly as bad as the cry babies make it out to be.
  • Posted on 29 March 20 at 21:39
    The game isn't great. I've played a few games and it's so unbalanced. Playing as Kulev and had many games where I've had most damage and most healing. Even went 20+ kills and 0 deaths in 2 matches.

It's a very easy game to be good at. Once I get the achievements done I'll stop playing. They are easy enough to do. Not even done the 10 games one yet and already over 25% done with damage and healing.
  • neeker75neeker751,915,845
    Posted on 30 March 20 at 02:11
    ggallinftw said:
    MidwestMonsterX said:
    I had to quit a match because my daughter fell off the bed laugh - was slapped with a three-match quitter penalty. No XP, no rewards for three matches, matched with other quitters (of which during the three games, some quit again!).
  • ggallinftwggallinftw548,906
    Posted on 30 March 20 at 09:09
    neeker75 said:
    ggallinftw said:
    MidwestMonsterX said:
    I had to quit a match because my daughter fell off the bed laugh - was slapped with a three-match quitter penalty. No XP, no rewards for three matches, matched with other quitters (of which during the three games, some quit again!).
    Yeah, they know that lack of ranked mode is gonna frustrate ppl so they're tryin to force ppl to stay in matches.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 March 20 at 22:41
    This is a moderately fun game. I just finished it and gave it a 3.5 too.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads