Guides

A forum for game tips, tricks, and guide news articles.

The Walking Dead walkthrough – a complete Xbox achievement guide

• Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:12Permalink
    Really stupid post....
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:15Permalink
    RallyForLife#742 said:
    Really stupid post....
    Agreed. Oh wait. You meant the article. I thought you meant your post. My bad.
  • BownzinhoBownzinho254,670
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:23Permalink
    No offence to the guide writer but this game didn’t need a walkthrough.

While you’re doing these posts you probably should be doing games which have walkthroughs that were necessary. I would recommend giving credit for something like Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age which has a fantastic walkthrough
  • FreshAspekFreshAspek352,422
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:26Permalink
    Yeah this is a great game to play when you don't want to be glued to a guide!
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:30Permalink
    Bownzinho said:

While you’re doing these posts you probably should be doing games which have walkthroughs that were necessary.
    Agreed; I'm not going to disparage anybody who has taken the time to put together a walkthrough, some games simply do not really need one, in my honest opinion. The Telltale games in particular really seem to only need, at most, a couple of achievement guides to make sure you don't miss a particular achievement or two. Your choices don't really seem to matter in these games, as far as the outcome, or achievements are concerned.
  • BownzinhoBownzinho254,670
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:31Permalink
    FreshAspek said:
    Yeah this is a great game to play when you don't want to be glued to a guide!
    Unlike some of the other games it does have an engaging story. It’s certainly better than the Game of Thrones one which tbh was crap
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:33Permalink
    Bownzinho said:

While you’re doing these posts you probably should be doing games which have walkthroughs that were necessary. I would recommend giving credit for something like Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age which has a fantastic walkthrough
    I totally agree. Some games really need a guide because you can easily miss something and extend a completion time by hours and hours. This isn't one of them.
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:34Permalink
    These guides are the literal opposite of pointless and absolutely do need to exist.
    The point of guides like this is to MAXIMIZE your playing time to finish the game as quickly as possible, so you don't waste time doing pointless sidequests or taking to stupid NPCs.

"Blah blah blah take the time to enjoy the game" = wrong forum for that. These kind of guides are my favourite because they save me so much time since Telltale refused to ever let you skip dialogue or cut scenes. And let me tell you, considering how hard their stories went down after this game that was SORELY needed.
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:42Permalink
    You're more than welcome to your opinion. I just think more walkthroughs like the massive Halo: MCC that was highlighted recently should be the focus here. That game requires much more effort to go through than a game like the Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us. I'm not saying that you're wrong for utilizing the walkthrough so that you don't have to waste time talking to pointless NPCs, etc., or you just want to skip the story. If that's the way you play, more power to you. I'm certainly not the "Blah blah blah take the time to enjoy the game" type that you were suggesting. While my opinion is that if you're taking the time to read a walkthrough on one of these games, you are probably just using about the same amount of time,that doesn't mean I'm correct.

TL,DR: I don't think walkthroughs like this save enough time or are utilized by a large enough group to be worth the spotlight, but it's just one man's opinion, for whatever that's worth.
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer1,287,371
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:42Permalink
    Remember when Telltale games had at least some kind of gameplay? This was one of them.
  • I Boz lI Boz l579,782
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:46Permalink
    I'll always be grateful to anyone who spent time to write walkthroughs.

But to be honest, writing walkthroughs for Telltales games is a waste of time
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer1,287,371
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:49, Edited on 26 March 20 at 14:49 by GerbasgamerPermalink
    Bownzinho said:

There are some Telltale games I didn't care about at all and just played them muted using guides to get to the end as fast as possible. Most of these games play themselves but when there's some kind of interaction needed, I'm happy I don't have to interact with every object to get the story moving.

Also keep in mind that many of their games are stackable so using guides on your second or third run could speed these things up a little.

Just to be clear I played quite a few of them "legit".
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 14:49Permalink
    HyruleBalverine said:
    You're more than welcome to your opinion. I just think more walkthroughs like the massive Halo: MCC that was highlighted recently should be the focus here. That game requires much more effort to go through than a game like the Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us. I'm not saying that you're wrong for utilizing the walkthrough so that you don't have to waste time talking to pointless NPCs, etc., or you just want to skip the story. If that's the way you play, more power to you. I'm certainly not the "Blah blah blah take the time to enjoy the game" type that you were suggesting. While my opinion is that if you're taking the time to read a walkthrough on one of these games, you are probably just using about the same amount of time,that doesn't mean I'm correct.

TL,DR: I don't think walkthroughs like this save enough time or are utilized by a large enough group to be worth the spotlight, but it's just one man's opinion, for whatever that's worth.
    They are specifically using Game Pass games, so it's going to be really any kind of walkthrough. Though I hope everyone still appreciated the time that the writer took to make the guide!
    If war never changes, then men must change, and so must their symbols. Even if it is nothing at all, know what you follow, Courier
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 15:31Permalink
    NicoleRenee00 said:
    They are specifically using Game Pass games, so it's going to be really any kind of walkthrough.
    Didn't realize that they were using Gamepass games (I must have missed that in a previous article).

NicoleRenee00 said:
    Though I hope everyone still appreciated the time that the writer took to make the guide!
    Like I said, I don't disparage anybody who's taken the time to create one. It takes time and effort to put one together, even for a game like Telltale's The Walking Dead.
  • Dragonborn GearDragonborn Gear1,131,370
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 15:51Permalink
    I am on team "this game didn't need a full guide". I am not a huge fan of walkthroughs that are more game walktrhoughs. I prefer achievement walkthroughs. Way too often in some walktrhoughs does it tell me how to play through the main story and I feel like I am wasting time reading or trying to find just the pertinent information for the achievements. While I see the point of wanting to burn through a game, I want to enjoy the story on my own (which I usually play at a quick pace anyways), but reading through how to beat a story on something super striaghtforward is a waste of time.I LOVE the guides that are super simple, in bullet format, and don't use superfluous commentary or try to be funny. I also can't stand when there is so much context or story plot points added to guides... lol I am playing the game, I don't need to know that the main character is talking with the NPC in the guide when I can see it happening. I only would see benefit in this context if it was right next to a missable achievement.

A game like Dark Souls, I could probably let slide as it is because the game is relatively difficult to the average gamer, so being a little more specific on what to do and when is acceptable. As with most things in life, this can be a gray area, and I don't think anyone is inherently wrong in how they want to play the game, but I prefer to read as little as possible when going for achievements. :)

Regardless, cheers to those who put the effort in making these guides with superfluous comments or not, I appreciate an unnecessarily descriptive guide versus no guide. toast
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 19:31Permalink
    Ok, this one was not a good call. It's cool to be highlighting some of the big walkthroughs for 40, 80, 150+ hour games, but the base game had literally no missable achievements. Just play the story.
  • LORDOFDOOKIE69LORDOFDOOKIE691,092,444
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 21:47Permalink
    Just get the top 50 guides and put them in one post. Copy and paste the text here and alter it slightly. Boom now you can focus on articles that are productive and entertaining.
  • HaZheR MxHaZheR Mx248,848
    Posted on 27 March 20 at 09:26Permalink
    facepalm
  • LLboxedLLboxed214,504
    Posted on 27 March 20 at 10:51Permalink
    To be fair TWD1 had some puzzles to solve.

The others not so much. laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.