Site Help

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

Explaining Your TrueAchievement Score

• Posted on 26 March 20 at 15:56Permalink
    I love this, i have much points from hard games.
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 15:58Permalink
    I like my TA score to be double my gamerscore ;)
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n633,258
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 16:07Permalink
    Here's my TA scored explanation: play what I want not every game that releases.
  • xLsWxxLsWx885,737
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 16:26Permalink
    if I missed it sorry

But why root it why not average?
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 16:27Permalink
    Would it be possible to do an article about editing multiple items in "My Game Collection" at one time? Or maybe someone can quickly explain it in a comment. I can edit single items but when selecting edit multiple it tells me to select items to edit but I can't really figure out how to select any of them...I'm sure it's something simple but here I am nine years on the site and confused. facepalm
    I brake for Hulking Phase Beasts!
  • Ganon255Ganon255308,717
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 16:32Permalink
    Personally, I could do without the True Score, I get the premise behind it, but feel it's pointless anymore.
    Praise the Sun!
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer1,287,371
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 16:44Permalink
    To this day I don't care about TA score. Sure it's more accurate than Gamerscore but far from perfect. The biggest problem is that TA score can never go below Gamerscore. 30 min 1000G completions will therefore always be worth at least 1000TA.
    At the same time a 5G achievement with a 10.0 ratio is worth only 50 TA while a 20G achievement with a 2.5 ratio is also worth 50 TA.
    Bottom line, TA score is build upon a flawed system (Gamerscore) and can therefore never be accurate.
  • LaB1LaB1424,911
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 16:48Permalink
    In some ways TA difference can be a pretty good indicator. The biggest gripe I have is that older games usually have much lower TA scores and with gamepass/gold/ea access and people abandoning TA accounts is that comparable new games will be worth 3-5x what an older game would be worth.
  • JeffMommJeffMomm322,682
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 17:00Permalink
    CHERRY CHEERIOS said:
    Would it be possible to do an article about editing multiple items in "My Game Collection" at one time? Or maybe someone can quickly explain it in a comment. I can edit single items but when selecting edit multiple it tells me to select items to edit but I can't really figure out how to select any of them...I'm sure it's something simple but here I am nine years on the site and confused. facepalm
    In that view, there are check boxes way over to the right, with a "Select All" checkbox at the top.
  • Cobra SinCobra Sin557,913
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 17:07Permalink
    I'm also wondering why the root is used rather than an average?
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 17:11Permalink
    Can you change it so a challenge I unlocked in a game isn't counted towards my completion?

I played a pinball game, no achievements unlocked but unlocked a challenge and I have to stare at that ugly 0/10 all the time :(
  • XEN610XEN610339,560
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 17:24Permalink
    For those wondering about the square root, the calculation is a geometric mean versus an arithmetic mean. Geometric mean shows a more a weighted tendency.
  • VivaFavomVivaFavom84,531
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 17:48Permalink
    Is there a way to see your score against xbox's data rather than only TA subscribers. I notice that Xbox only enable LD this feature in the last few years where you could see 1% unlocked an achievement. That would be an even more accurate true score.
  • Victor I3Victor I3657,180
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 17:56Permalink
    Very interesting this article. Out there are gamers that play for gamerscore in general and don't mind much TA score and those that play for TA score. Whatever is their choices it's great anyways. The important thing is that they can feel they have achieved their goal somehow.
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 18:35Permalink
    I've only ever used this site for a few guides here and there, now that my old profile was (unjustly) banned and I'm slowly adding all my games to a new one I might actually care about achievements and other stats. Well not care but pay attention anyway so this article was actually very helpful for me personally.

• imaidiot19imaidiot19740,862
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 18:54Permalink
    Let me explain my TrueAchievement Score...

I used to buy and play 1 game at a time, then Achievements happened, and sales on games happened. Then I bought and played a lot of garbage games...The End.
    Yes, I know I am.
  • stebeer85stebeer85461,734
    Posted on 26 March 20 at 19:41Permalink
    It would be nice if I can properly read these articles, I understand Iā€™m not PRO but u replay the same video ad every time I click on something šŸ¤›šŸ»
    #illholdyourbeer
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 19:47Permalink
    JeffMomm said:
    CHERRY CHEERIOS said:
    In that view, there are check boxes way over to the right, with a "Select All" checkbox at the top.
    Got it! Thank you toast I was in tile view as soon as I changed it to list your comment made perfect sense.
    I brake for Hulking Phase Beasts!
  • Posted on 26 March 20 at 21:27Permalink
    I love this system. I have a mix of easy, medium and hard achievements. just looking at the TA score before even trying for an achievement can sort of tell me what kind of difficulty to expect when trying for certain achievements.
    Gamegoddess 21
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.