Windows Phone

Forum for general Windows Phone discussion, from the gaming to everyday use

WP Achievement Syncing Issues? Post HERE!

• Posted on 06 June 20 at 03:45Permalink
    Yup, this could literally take minutes to do
    Artur
  • Posted on 06 June 20 at 03:46Permalink
    Are there any windows phones that still sync??
    Artur
  • Posted on 06 June 20 at 12:54Permalink
    Yup, I could literally take a minute to tell you.
  • NutriWhipNutriWhip1,909,947
    Posted on 08 June 20 at 04:57Permalink
    I just finished AC Pirates over the last few days on WP10. From my experience, 10 has the possibility to not sync either. Sometimes another achievement would sync the previous ones that didn't sync initially. What I did do twice, with success, was to restart my phone, open the Xbox app and click the refresh up top, hit the Windows button to minimize the app but not close it, open the game and view the achievements and leaderboards in game. This worked twice to sync my achievements, 5-6 at one time and the final achievement when there were none left to unlock.
  • DallasthedudeDallasthedude2,966,840
    Posted on 08 June 20 at 12:45Permalink
    NutriWhip said:
    I just finished AC Pirates over the last few days on WP10. From my experience, 10 has the possibility to not sync either. Sometimes another achievement would sync the previous ones that didn't sync initially. What I did do twice, with success, was to restart my phone, open the Xbox app and click the refresh up top, hit the Windows button to minimize the app but not close it, open the game and view the achievements and leaderboards in game. This worked twice to sync my achievements, 5-6 at one time and the final achievement when there were none left to unlock.
    I tried this and it didn't work for me so I tried repeatedly going in and out of the achievements menu on Final Fantasy while occasionally switching back to the (still opened in the background) Xbox companion app to refresh. I also don't have cell service with this phone anymore and use wifi for doing games, so I also disconnected and reconnected my wifi while doing the other steps and it eventually synced my last two achievements (which were the only ones that had trouble syncing).

This took about 10-15 minutes of doing all these things and an occasional restart of my phone before they finally synced. So a variation of what you suggested worked for me. I'm curious if this will help anyone else or if anyone else finds success with another variation because I'm about to start Final Fantasy III now and I'd hate to have this happen again.
  • Jamal2807Jamal28071,199,948
    Posted on 08 June 20 at 22:35Permalink
    Didn’t work for me . I bought a windows 10 phone and played uno wp today I unlocked 18 achievements. But no matter what I do the achievements won’t show up on my account . Sigh any more advices ?should I try to unlock them on my wp8.1 ?
  • Jamal2807Jamal28071,199,948
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 08:07, Edited on 09 June 20 at 08:09 by Jamal2807Permalink
    Nevermind i finished Uno wp In 2015 I started a new game zumas revenge wp but it haven’t sync yet on my windows phone 10 . How long does it take till the first sync ? On windows phone it used to worked immediately... good Times
    Also evergame I’m playing doesn’t show me my gamertag ? It’s always just „hello player“ instead of my gamertag is that normal? I also can’t see the leaderboards for any . It tells my I lost connection even though my phone is connected to the internet the. Who,e time ?
  • Posted on 09 June 20 at 16:36Permalink
    It takes a few minutes before it syncs. It’s slow. Opening up halo spartan strike wp helps to speed up syncing
  • Kikoo123Kikoo123305,810
    Posted on 11 June 20 at 11:02Permalink
    my wp10 syncs maybe within like 1-10 minutes. I wish they could fix the wp7/8 syncing and make it like when they fixed it back in november achievements would sync in 1 second. I would literally just have my xbox one dashboard opened up, pop an ach on wp8 and the dashboard would just refresh by itself and the gamerscore added and ach synced.
    ore wa ochinchin ga daisuki nandayo
  • Posted on 18 June 20 at 02:39Permalink
    my windows phone 8 won't even connect to LIVE it was connected this morning but now i can't connect. spartan strike won't load doodle god blitz won't sign in.
    Please excuse my typos I'm typing on my ducking phone.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw304,176
    Posted on 28 June 20 at 03:57Permalink
    Homunculus Fury said:
    my windows phone 8 won't even connect to LIVE it was connected this morning but now i can't connect. spartan strike won't load doodle god blitz won't sign in.
    Have you been successful in connecting since?
  • Posted on 28 June 20 at 08:00Permalink
    Got it back a couple days later but it still won't sync achievements to my profile
  • Posted on 28 June 20 at 13:37Permalink
    No WP8 will...
  • Posted on 29 June 20 at 03:34Permalink
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    No WP8 will...
    My issue is halo Spartan strike won't finish missions on win 8 but plays fine on my WP. Which does me no good as I can't progress in one and the other one won't sync
  • Posted on 29 June 20 at 15:18Permalink
    You would need to update your phone to W10M and it would resolve the problem.
  • Posted on 03 July 20 at 15:05Permalink
    Hello everyone,
    Unfortunately, the team looking into this issue has exhausted their resources and time and we not able to resolve the problem. I greatly appreciate the time and effort put that was put into it, but the workaround of force upgrading the device to W10M is the only known "fix" for syncing achievements earned on Windows Phone 8.

I'm currently working through a title on my WP8 and will put together a blog for the process of upgrading when I've finished.
  • IdleEnigmaIdleEnigma263,807
    Posted on 05 July 20 at 22:38Permalink
    Thanks for chasing this Shadow. Hopefully we’ll see a move across to Android and iOS supporting achievements more to cover my achievement hunting on the move fix
  • Posted on 06 July 20 at 11:06Permalink
    Right now it's 1st party, but Gameloft has Xbox integration waiting on Android/iOS for Asphalt 9. It was promised back in November but removed at the last minute, so it seems Microsoft haven't given the go-ahead for non-XGS titles to enable it yet.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.