Windows Phone

Forum for general Windows Phone discussion, from the gaming to everyday use

WP Achievement Syncing Issues? Post HERE!

• Posted on 18 January 21 at 12:28
    kliqIMB said:
    Wincelow said:
    I popped about 8 achievements and nothing showed up on the Xbox app, hence came across this thread. Let me know what you need. Thanks!
    If there's a game you still have achievements in, can you follow the steps to run a Fiddler trace on them? It's a few pages back but I have a detailed walkthrough and video guide as well.
    I sent you my fiddler results
    ore wa ochinchin ga daisuki nandayo
  • kliqIMBkliqIMB531,419
    Posted on 18 January 21 at 16:45
    VisibleRaptor5 said:
    I have more achievements in Breeze to collect. I did not hit the air brake as yet. I will fiddle that one for you. I was just telling you what I told them. I am supposed to add what I observed.
    Awesome!

Kikoo123 said:
    kliqIMB said:
    Wincelow said:
    I popped about 8 achievements and nothing showed up on the Xbox app, hence came across this thread. Let me know what you need. Thanks!
    If there's a game you still have achievements in, can you follow the steps to run a Fiddler trace on them? It's a few pages back but I have a detailed walkthrough and video guide as well.
    I sent you my fiddler results
    Received! Thanks so much.
  • FaultyshadowFaultyshadow327,336
    Posted on 18 January 21 at 18:00
    Ah it seems I started spectating this thread at the right time. I hope when you show the engineers they take action by fixing the syncing and not just announcing the death of windows mobile and or dancing around the issue for many more years to come. I want to do some windows phone games but it seems 2020 on up was a bad time to start focusing on them.
    Daddy
  • Posted on 19 January 21 at 05:13
    Faultyshadow said:
    Ah it seems I started spectating this thread at the right time. I hope when you show the engineers they take action by fixing the syncing and not just announcing the death of windows mobile and or dancing around the issue for many more years to come. I want to do some windows phone games but it seems 2020 on up was a bad time to start focusing on them.
    The fat joke is that WP 8.1 lost support in 2017 and everything worked until 2019 (when the store closed) and achievements stopped syncing in March 2020. That is understood. For Windows 10 Mobile, supported ended in January 2020 and achievements stopped syncing in November 2020. The Store is still open and those WP apps can still be bought (many of them that is). Bad trade off.
  • A 0 UB3RLOZ3RA 0 UB3RLOZ3R1,044,029
    Posted on 19 January 21 at 15:30
    How long until we throw in the towel? Its been going on 3 months
  • Posted on 19 January 21 at 21:01
    A 0 UB3RLOZ3R said:
    never give up
    ore wa ochinchin ga daisuki nandayo
  • Posted on 19 January 21 at 21:39
    Yeah. The fact that these games are still being sold as the store is still up, the fact that the ms office apps are still occasionally updated, the fact that the Xbox app has had updates, and the surprise from the few engineers we've had contact with... Everything screams that this was unintentional. I still believe it will be fixed. But it's not a huge part of their profits, they've sold support to another company so the in house team that knows the platform has likely broken up and moved to other divisions, and their focusing on the new console launch means we may need to wait for a while before this has the focus it needs. I just hope its done before April so I can get the bingo achievements before its shut down. Once I finish the pc versions, it looks like id just need to launch it for them to pop.
  • Posted on 19 January 21 at 22:08
    Honestly, having to deal with COVID for the past week, all I've wanted to do is wrap up some games on my WP and no motivation to do it right now with no achievement progress. cry
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 January 21 at 22:11
    I've got a Windows 10 phone and am hoping to unlock the achievements on Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike. I've got the games installed but the achievements obviously aren't syncing. Just wanted to add my vote for Microsoft to work on fixing this at least temporarily for those of us who hope to finish some achievements.
    Posted on 19 January 21 at 23:45
    ChickenPossible said:
    I've got a Windows 10 phone and am hoping to unlock the achievements on Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike. I've got the games installed but the achievements obviously aren't syncing. Just wanted to add my vote for Microsoft to work on fixing this at least temporarily for those of us who hope to finish some achievements.
    I suggest you start completing the achievements that way if the servers are brought online again you can just connect to the internet and the achievements would theoretically sync up
    Daddy
  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 00:38, Edited on 20 January 21 at 02:45 by VisibleRaptor5
    Kikoo123 said:
    A 0 UB3RLOZ3R said:
    never give up
    I agree. I can go back to them every two weeks until 2022 for all I care. I am prepared and willing to do that. The more we keep going, the more likely they will look into this. Add to the mix that they should really fix the issue for the sake of us trying to finish our achievements for the following which are likely to stop functioning on April 5, 2021:

- Microsoft Solitaire Collection (WP)
    - Microsoft Minesweeper (WP)
    - Microsoft Mahjong (WP)
    - Microsoft Bingo (WP)
    - Wordament (WP)

Concerning the last one, services can also shut down on these variants too:
    - Wordament (iOS)
    - Wordament (Android)

UPDATE: Regardless of the operating systems, ALL Windows 8.1 versions of the casual games will cease to function. I just confirmed this with someone from the Microsoft Casual Games team. Please let TA know about this ASAP. I will find out about Taptiles (Win 8) and Microsoft Jackpot (Win 8).
    Posted on 20 January 21 at 01:38
    VisibleRaptor5 said:
    Kikoo123 said:
    A 0 UB3RLOZ3R said:
    never give up
    I agree. I can go back to them every two weeks until 2022 for all I care. I am prepared and willing to do that. The more we keep going, the more likely they will look into this. Add to the mix that they should really fix the issue for the sake of us trying to finish our achievements for the following which are likely to stop functioning on April 5, 2021:

- Microsoft Mahjong (WP)
    - Microsoft Bingo (WP)
    - Wordament (WP)

- Wordament (iOS)
    - Wordament (Android)

UPDATE: Regardless of the operating systems, ALL Windows 8.1 versions of the games will cease to function. I just confirmed this with someone from the Microsoft Casual Games team. Please let TA know about this ASAP. I will find out about Taptiles (Win 8) and Microsoft Jackpot (Win 8).
    Fuckkkk
    Daddy
  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 02:17, Edited on 20 January 21 at 02:18 by FoolontheHill24
    VisibleRaptor5 said:
    Kikoo123 said:
    A 0 UB3RLOZ3R said:
    never give up

- Microsoft Mahjong (WP)
    - Microsoft Bingo (WP)
    - Wordament (WP)

- Wordament (iOS)
    - Wordament (Android)

UPDATE: Regardless of the operating systems, ALL Windows 8.1 versions of the games will cease to function. I just confirmed this with someone from the Microsoft Casual Games team. Please let TA know about this ASAP. I will find out about Taptiles (Win 8) and Microsoft Jackpot (Win 8).
    Jackpot is arkadium and msgs, so you may as well toss it into the mix. It was already sunset back in 2019, so i think it's pretty much a given. I started it 6 days ago and only have 2 achievements left. It's still 100% completable. Taptiles is all msgs, so its probably on the chopping block, too.
  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 02:51
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    Jackpot is arkadium and msgs, so you may as well toss it into the mix. It was already sunset back in 2019, so i think it's pretty much a given. I started it 6 days ago and only have 2 achievements left. It's still 100% completable. Taptiles is all msgs, so its probably on the chopping block, too.
    Hurry and get that done. I sent you my conversation in a DM. Daily Challenge progress can sync to Windows 10 apps from Windows 8.1 for Microsoft Solitaire Collection via Version 3.18 of the app (UWP app on PC and Windows 10 Mobile). That is still on the site. The same thing probably goes for Microsoft Bingo (installers are still on that RG site) and Microsoft Mahjong (Version 3 of that app is gone). If anyone has a copy of version 2 or 3 of the app, let me know. Concerning progress transfer, that has to be done by Feb 15.
  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 03:05
    Aware of the shutdown. Team member brought it up today. I'll try to get those dates set tomorrow.
  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 04:32
    VisibleRaptor5 said:
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    Hurry and get that done. I sent you my conversation in a DM. Daily Challenge progress can sync to Windows 10 apps from Windows 8.1 for Microsoft Solitaire Collection via Version 3.18 of the app (UWP app on PC and Windows 10 Mobile). That is still on the site. The same thing probably goes for Microsoft Bingo (installers are still on that RG site) and Microsoft Mahjong (Version 3 of that app is gone). If anyone has a copy of version 2 or 3 of the app, let me know. Concerning progress transfer, that has to be done by Feb 15.
    I'm almost done. 2 left in jackpot, finished taptile, finished mahjong, finished jigsaw, finished sudoku, finished minesweeper, finished wordament. Only have solitaire, sudoku jp, treasure hunt, and bingo left.
  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 06:50
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    I'm almost done. 2 left in jackpot, finished taptile, finished mahjong, finished jigsaw, finished sudoku, finished minesweeper, finished wordament. Only have solitaire, sudoku jp, treasure hunt, and bingo left.
    Cutting my losses on Taptiles (will finish the 3 DLCs though). Will finish Sudoku and MNP in a couple of weeks. Not doing Minesweeper. Did not do Bingo or Jackpot. Finished Mahjong and Solitaire and Wordament. Iffy about Jigsaw and Treasure Hunt.
  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 07:51, Edited on 20 January 21 at 08:07 by FoolontheHill24
    VisibleRaptor5 said:
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    Cutting my losses on Taptiles (will finish the 3 DLCs though). Will finish Sudoku and MNP in a couple of weeks. Not doing Minesweeper. Did not do Bingo or Jackpot. Finished Mahjong and Solitaire and Wordament. Iffy about Jigsaw and Treasure Hunt.
    If you buy one month of premium, they become a lot easier.
    1.) Buy premium, find a daily challenge mode you like (for me on taptiles it was sprint match)
    2.) Set your clock to the last day of the month and do every daily challenge of that mode for that month. That will get you a little over silver.
    3.) For the 8 months you need gold, move on to your second favorite mode (mix and match or slide match. Don't worry about the expert challenges if they are too hard in that mode. That's why I skipped tap turbine and color match). Bronze = ~20-30 mins, silver = ~1hr, gold = ~1.5-2hr.
    4.) Once medals are done, pick up the rest of the achievements.

That's been my method for all casual games. It takes too long trying to max out each week and the weekly bonuses aren't worth it. The $1.49 for the premium mode is absolutely worth the time saved for the double coin reward. Once the windows 8 version is complete, install win 10 and auto pop the achievements there (for those with win 10 versions). Did the same for minesweeper (treasure hunt was my chosen mode. Sometimes the challenge can be knocked out in 30 seconds, even on expert).
  • Posted on 20 January 21 at 16:43
    FoolontheHill24 said:
    If you buy one month of premium, they become a lot easier.
    1.) Buy premium, find a daily challenge mode you like (for me on taptiles it was sprint match)
    2.) Set your clock to the last day of the month and do every daily challenge of that mode for that month. That will get you a little over silver.
    3.) For the 8 months you need gold, move on to your second favorite mode (mix and match or slide match. Don't worry about the expert challenges if they are too hard in that mode. That's why I skipped tap turbine and color match). Bronze = ~20-30 mins, silver = ~1hr, gold = ~1.5-2hr.
    4.) Once medals are done, pick up the rest of the achievements.

That's been my method for all casual games. It takes too long trying to max out each week and the weekly bonuses aren't worth it. The $1.49 for the premium mode is absolutely worth the time saved for the double coin reward. Once the windows 8 version is complete, install win 10 and auto pop the achievements there (for those with win 10 versions). Did the same for minesweeper (treasure hunt was my chosen mode. Sometimes the challenge can be knocked out in 30 seconds, even on expert).
    Looks like I will have to mash my mouse. Sighs...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.