The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: The 18 quickest game completions from the Xbox Spring Sale

• CanezzaCanezza124,554
  • Posted on 03 April 20 at 11:07
    Do you classify easiest as being shortest? Would be good if games could get a difficulty rating that's based on community voting.
  • lightsup55lightsup55377,410
  • Noodles JrNoodles Jr1,296,192
    Posted on 03 April 20 at 11:57
    lightsup55 said:
    Danny Eight said:
    Do you classify easiest as being shortest? Would be good if games could get a difficulty rating that's based on community voting.
    Heh... that post reminds me of Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Burning Earth (easiest and shortest).
    Not anymore, Rememoried is the new shortest after a button combo was found to skip levels. Game takes ~45 seconds
    If at first you don't succeed, lag switch.
  • Posted on 03 April 20 at 12:09
    Still don't get why the Life is Strange titles/Telltale completion times all show 2-3 hours, but then the article mentions that it actually takes 10-12 with all episodes.
    Life is strange: Before the storm is the shortest of the group(LiS) because it only has the three chapters.
    Transference is buggy with the collection achievements. I was stuck playing through 3 times trying to get the video log one to pop, even though I had all 13 unlocked. Ended up having to completely delete my save(local and cloud) and play through a 4th time. Luckily Maka has a good guide for it.
    Black the fall is Limbo-esque sidescroller. Pretty neat, and the walkthrough is good.
  • Posted on 03 April 20 at 12:16
    Oh, and apparently FORM is VR only?
    Posted on 03 April 20 at 12:24
    ADrunkDillweed said:
    Still don't get why the Life is Strange titles/Telltale completion times all show 2-3 hours, but then the article mentions that it actually takes 10-12 with all episodes.
    Life is strange: Before the storm is the shortest of the group(LiS) because it only has the three chapters.
    Transference is buggy with the collection achievements. I was stuck playing through 3 times trying to get the video log one to pop, even though I had all 13 unlocked. Ended up having to completely delete my save(local and cloud) and play through a 4th time. Luckily Maka has a good guide for it.
    Black the fall is Limbo-esque sidescroller. Pretty neat, and the walkthrough is good.
    2-3 hours is for base game achievements only (a.k.a. Episode 1) in most Telltale point-and-click games.
  • Posted on 03 April 20 at 13:53
    lightsup55 said:
    ADrunkDillweed said:
    2-3 hours is for base game achievements only (a.k.a. Episode 1) in most Telltale point-and-click games.
    So I should rephrase that, I disagree with using just one chapter of a multi-chaptered game as it's estimated completion time. I've seen that explanation dozens of times, and always on the "quickest" completions lists. Not really completing it if there's multiple chapters and your completion list doesn't update with chapter completions right?
  • Osmo76Osmo761,021,436
    Posted on 03 April 20 at 13:56
    I think Seasons After Fall should be on the list as well if 6-8 hours qualifies.
    Posted on 03 April 20 at 15:51
    ADrunkDillweed said:
    lightsup55 said:
    ADrunkDillweed said:
    So I should rephrase that, I disagree with using just one chapter of a multi-chaptered game as it's estimated completion time. I've seen that explanation dozens of times, and always on the "quickest" completions lists. Not really completing it if there's multiple chapters and your completion list doesn't update with chapter completions right?
    Site articles don't consider your DLC inclusion setting (login required) when they are written. They only consider base game completion time based on the average completion time of other gamers.

This sounds more like a site feature request to have the site articles use the DLC inclusion setting for logged-in users.

As for right now, you'll just need to click each individual game page and go to each DLC pack to see the average completion time. I know, it is a bit more annoying.
  • AnToN XnAnToN Xn468,108
    Posted on 03 April 20 at 15:58
    That huge sale is great and appropriate regarding world's context..
    I think I'll take Virginia, but also use that time we have ahead of us to complete some games from the eternal backlog facepalm
  • Nod NolanNod Nolan663,219
    Posted on 03 April 20 at 16:45
    I class these articles as "don't touch these games if youre trying to improve your ratio" articles.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 April 20 at 16:56
    Danny Eight said:
    If a game is easy its going to have a short average completion time, in fact, I'd say average completion time is the best indication of how easy a game is. Ratio is good too, but very popular games can have skewed ratios because of how many people play them and have little interest in completing them.
  • JORAXJORAX1,644,758
    Posted on 03 April 20 at 17:56
    What is the sort order on this list? It doesn't appear to be any of the columns (alphabetic, completion time, or discount %) nor platform. Minor thing, but it kinda bugs me :).

Always love the lists though, thanks!
  • HaZheR MxHaZheR Mx418,146
    Posted on 04 April 20 at 04:16
    clap
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76590,490
    Posted on 04 April 20 at 09:38
    Arkham#8076 said:
    Danny Eight said:
    If a game is easy its going to have a short average completion time, in fact, I'd say average completion time is the best indication of how easy a game is. Ratio is good too, but very popular games can have skewed ratios because of how many people play them and have little interest in completing them.
    The problem with completion times is that they're only submitted by people who have actually completed the game. I've come across games with a 1-2 hour completion estimate which I simply wasn't able to complete at all.

Sometimes people have invested dozens or even hundreds of hours into a previous version of a game (going all the way back to arcade games from the 1980's), and then complete the achievements in 1 hour. Anyone new to the game will be hopelessly lost.

Other times achievements will carry over from Windows to Xbox, etc. - "completion" in 5 minutes. Ignoring the 25 hours spent on the other version.

And, just like anything else in life, some people are better at "gaming" than others.

That said - in general - completion estimates combined with the ratio are a pretty good guide if you're looking for quick and/or easy gamerscore.
  • Posted on 05 April 20 at 07:00
    SilentJay76 said:
    Arkham#8076 said:
    Danny Eight said:
    The problem with completion times is that they're only submitted by people who have actually completed the game. I've come across games with a 1-2 hour completion estimate which I simply wasn't able to complete at all.

Sometimes people have invested dozens or even hundreds of hours into a previous version of a game (going all the way back to arcade games from the 1980's), and then complete the achievements in 1 hour. Anyone new to the game will be hopelessly lost.

Other times achievements will carry over from Windows to Xbox, etc. - "completion" in 5 minutes. Ignoring the 25 hours spent on the other version.

And, just like anything else in life, some people are better at "gaming" than others.

That said - in general - completion estimates combined with the ratio are a pretty good guide if you're looking for quick and/or easy gamerscore.
    Right. The Elder Scrolls IV has three completion estimates of less than an hour. Whilst this is possible (I've seen speedruns using glitches) it hardly represents that vast majority of gamers. When people post their completion estimates, they should do so on how much time they invested in their first play through.
    zero cool 4406
  • N30YRDN30YRD590,268
    Posted on 05 April 20 at 13:32
    Black the fall for me...

Everything else I have completed or is still too expensive
    No. 1 - Wreckfest - time to complete - 14 hours 25 mins
  • Smudgenat0rSmudgenat0r740,964
    Posted on 07 April 20 at 12:22
    Arkham#8076 said:
    Danny Eight said:
    That theory doesn’t always apply though, take the ACA NEOGEOs which all have short completion times and some of them are damn hard completions.

Also a game could be an easy completion but be a long game or hard but very short if you’ve got the skill.

I agree that ratios are a much better way of gauging difficulty but again not always perfect.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.