Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Journey to the Savage Planet, Alvastia Chronicles and more coming to Xbox Game Pass

• JullianGGJullianGG938,970
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 01:27
    I might be taking a Journey to the savage planet but thats about it.
    JuIIIian
  • Posted on 08 April 20 at 02:11
    I'm interested in 4 out of 5 of these :D Pretty exciting stuff.
  • noeneonnoeneon569,391
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 03:34
    This is what I get for buying JttSP
  • Posted on 08 April 20 at 03:51
    Can't wait for FM2020. Hope the Xbox Live port of it will be better than last years. It took a long time to bring in basic features, with a lot of achievements being broken for a while.
  • Posted on 08 April 20 at 05:43, Edited on 08 April 20 at 06:15 by Unpredictable D
    just bought Journey yesterday because sale was about to end...I don't know why but somehow I could see this happening dance

guess this means two things:

game is meant to have a special place in my heart

probably I won't be able to pick up code vein
    "I'm proud of you Sheldon" "yeah, I'm proud of me too" - lol
  • Posted on 08 April 20 at 06:07
    will defo be buying FM2020 even though it in gamepass, not being burned again by a sudden delisting like they did with FM2019
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76619,269
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 07:36
    superniceguy said:
    Journey to the Savage Planet and Alvastia Chrnicles does not look too bad, but no where near the awesomeness of Rise of the Tomb Raider, Prey, Shenmue, Lego Worlds, cities skylines, Vampyr etc
    Well, I'd rather have Savage Planet than Tomb Raider, Prey, Shenmue, Lego Worlds, Cities Skylines and Vampyr combined, since I've already played or have no interest in them.

It's all subjective...
  • ThisIsPrfctThisIsPrfct272,749
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 07:41
    EarthboundX said:
    Ah, one of those Kemco RPGS huh? Been keeping an eye on those, to see if they ever get cheaper than half off, so far no dice, so this is welcome news.
    Did you miss the Korean free GWG? Its been three months already that kemco rpgs have been used to replace games over there... you can just go to the korean store and get them. So far Asdivine Hearts 1 & 2 and Revenant Saga have been offered.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,588,907
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 08:13
    ThisIsPrfct said:
    EarthboundX said:
    Ah, one of those Kemco RPGS huh? Been keeping an eye on those, to see if they ever get cheaper than half off, so far no dice, so this is welcome news.
    Did you miss the Korean free GWG? Its been three months already that kemco rpgs have been used to replace games over there... you can just go to the korean store and get them. So far Asdivine Hearts 1 & 2 and Revenant Saga have been offered.
    Hmm, isn't that against the MS ToS? I know people were banned in the past for doing that, getting other region's GWG.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,332,527
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 08:33
    Unpredictable D said:
    just bought Journey yesterday because sale was about to end...I don't know why but somehow I could see this happening dance

guess this means two things:

game is meant to have a special place in my heart

probably I won't be able to pick up code vein
    If you haven’t played it, you can get a refund. If you have, I believe they still can do it dependent on your playtime. Wanna say it has to be less than an hour or two. Not 100% sure on the exact amount of game time sorry. Definitely worth checking, so you can use that money towards the other game ya want. toast
    Matthew
  • J4LHJ4LH34,882
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 11:20
    Just give us Final Fantasy already
  • Posted on 08 April 20 at 11:30, Edited on 08 April 20 at 11:31 by TrueAssassin86x
    I knew Journey to the Savage Planet was gonna land on gamepass sooner or later glad i held off from buying it
    Gamer for life Fan of games not plastic boxs
  • Posted on 08 April 20 at 11:42
    Awesome, was just about to buy Journey and Stranger Things. Glad I don't have to know!

I've been trash at actually playing Game Pass games lately but I'm so glad this service exists. It's so nice.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy353,705
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 12:43, Edited on 08 April 20 at 12:46 by superniceguy
    SilentJay76 said:
    superniceguy said:
    Journey to the Savage Planet and Alvastia Chrnicles does not look too bad, but no where near the awesomeness of Rise of the Tomb Raider, Prey, Shenmue, Lego Worlds, cities skylines, Vampyr etc
    Well, I'd rather have Savage Planet than Tomb Raider, Prey, Shenmue, Lego Worlds, Cities Skylines and Vampyr combined, since I've already played or have no interest in them.

It's all subjective...
    I suppose Vampyr is not worth replaying if already played 100%, but there is certainly no end to Cities Skylines or Lego Worlds.

If you played Cities (or Lego Worlds) created something like this?:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-04-someones-built...

Now that is a true achievement!
  • Throni360Throni3601,791,540
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 13:16
    EarthboundX said:
    I know people were banned in the past for doing that, getting other region's GWG.
    Is that really true? I hear those claims from time to time but no proof.
  • Posted on 08 April 20 at 13:39
    superniceguy said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    superniceguy said:

It's all subjective...
    I suppose Vampyr is not worth replaying if already played 100%, but there is certainly no end to Cities Skylines or Lego Worlds.

We've had Surge2 and Nier automata or whatever and those 2 games are better than any game that has left GP in the last 2 months. I pay full price for GPU and consider it unbelievable value for money at £11 a month ;) Cheap bastards! :P
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,588,907
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 13:58
    Throni360 said:
    EarthboundX said:
    I know people were banned in the past for doing that, getting other region's GWG.
    Is that really true? I hear those claims from time to time but no proof.
    Yeah, I had a friend get a temp ban IIRC, they removed the other region games from his account at least.
  • Posted on 08 April 20 at 14:08, Edited on 08 April 20 at 15:35 by Unpredictable D
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    If you haven’t played it, you can get a refundtoast
    thanks for the info !
    "I'm proud of you Sheldon" "yeah, I'm proud of me too" - lol
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,157,469
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 14:08, Edited on 08 April 20 at 14:09 by xPut Name Herex
    I've not heard of people having issues with changing regions to get GwG; the main issue comes with changing regions and then using a VPN or false billing credentials to get the games. Changing store region with the built-in tools on the Xbox One is not against ToS to the best of my knowledge, but using a VPN to access XBL or using false account info has always been.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy353,705
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 14:16
    Stinky Big Buds said:
    superniceguy said:
    SilentJay76 said:
    superniceguy said:

It's all subjective...

We've had Surge2 and Nier automata or whatever and those 2 games are better than any game that has left GP in the last 2 months. I pay full price for GPU and consider it unbelievable value for money at £11 a month ;) Cheap bastards! :P
    Nier Autmata too good for game pass, worth the purchase.

I am Still playing first Surge, Surge 2 will probably be gone before get to it, so that is going to have to be a purchase.

Kingdom Hearts 3 was good too, but that will be gone before play through 1.5 and 2.8 before its gone, and that will be a purchase.

I just get ultmate with reward points, so does not cost anything really, if it did would not be worth it as dunno when all these will leave, and 2 weeks is not enough.

I enjoy playing bought games or games in PS Now with long warnings of departure as you can choose which games to play in the service and which ones to buy but I feel stressed playng games on game pass, and end up having to buy all of them.

If I do not start Savage planet then I may not buy it, but if I start it and do not finish it before it leaves, then I will have to buy it.

I lost confidence in Game Pass when Cities Skylines and Lego Worlds left same time. Cities Skylines was in there 2 years yet Lego Worlds was 6 months. The time frame frames are too unpredictable, and I think some games have only been there a month.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.