Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Five Xbox One games for when you're short on time

• KJer25KJer25691,939
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 13:37
    Recently picked up Children of Morra on sale. I can’t wait to give it a go!
  • KameraKamera670,736
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 13:46
    I see Bad North on Game Pass. Am I missing something?
  • HieronimusHieronimus463,996
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 13:47, Edited on 08 April 20 at 13:48 by Hieronimus
    Are you sure Bad North is not on Gamepass? Xbox app says it is.

Edit: beat me to it.
  • Posted on 08 April 20 at 13:52
    Children of Morta is fantastic! Excited for the new content they have planned.
    The Ferg
  • Ingen kommentarIngen kommentar1,678,825
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 13:58
    I really loved Bad North, can't recommend it enough if your into this genre..
    Ingen Kommentar
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 April 20 at 14:13, Edited on 08 April 20 at 14:16 by
    Is the goal to have games that you can play in short bursts or complete in one sitting? Ok.

First, go to your My Game Collection and sort by COMPletion ESTimate. You probably already have a bunch of short games, especially if you have Game Pass.

Personally, I would recommend Donut County (not on GP), The Gardens Between and Tacoma. Short good games and achievements are not hard either.

Second, pick long games with easy mechanics that you can remember from a short session to a short session. Here I more hesitant to recommend something because it is more of a personal taste thing, but, just for example, Starlink is free until 22 of April (Xbox Free Play Days: Monster Energy Supercross 3, Starlink and WWE 2K20 free this weekend) and if you put it on easy you don’t need to worry about most of the game systems, really.
  • LockieLockie442,132
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 14:21
    Gotta agree with Rocket League! The only game I still play despite getting all the achievements. smile
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • Posted on 08 April 20 at 14:39
    Thank you for this. I often only have a short time to play and just stare at my list of games before deciding to just turn off my Xbox since I don’t have hours of time to play.
  • snake42069snake42069907,777
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 15:20
    short on time? Play any Ratalaika game.
  • VivaFavomVivaFavom99,842
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 16:31
    I've installed bad north, sounds good
  • SeitzzSeitzz970,003
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 16:51
    Bad North and Overcooked 2 were some really amazing games to play for me. I'm really glad that Bad North found it's way to game pass, otherwise I don't think I would have stumbled on to it. Overcooked 2 I have GwG to thank for me playing the first one. Going to go through the Win 10 version when the DLC gets a price that I'm alright with.
  • Posted on 08 April 20 at 17:02
    Depends on how you define short, but I like doing a quick run of Slay the Spire when I just have a bit of time. Tough completion but I believe in myself to get it one day.
    I would be Unstoppable, if not for Law Enforcement and Physics
  • Spinal22Spinal22565,471
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 17:19
    Children of Morta is a jewel.
    I recommand it
    Never say DIE
  • FalensaranoFalensarano936,997
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 18:37
    Assault Android Cactus deserves a mention here. Up until I completed it, it was one of those games where if I had 20 minutes, that was a couple of games worth of time. Not to mention it’s fun destroying robots!
  • Posted on 08 April 20 at 18:54
    Thanks for this. I'm short on time lately with everything so I appreciate this. Children of Morta and Bad North are on my list now especially since I have GP.
    Don't bro me if you don't know me.
  • VivaFavomVivaFavom99,842
    Posted on 08 April 20 at 19:32, Edited on 08 April 20 at 19:33 by VivaFavom
    UnstoppableKD said:
    Depends on how you define short, but I like doing a quick run of Slay the Spire when I just have a bit of time. Tough completion but I believe in myself to get it one day.
    Definately consider Slay the spire, on gamepass. I don't have much history with card games but it's highly addictive and rewarding. I completed it not long ago!
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL880,043
    Posted on 09 April 20 at 02:43
    Spinal22 said:
    Children of Morta is a jewel.
    I recommand it
    Agreed whole heartedly. Played it a few weeks ago and loved it. Was really just playing it to sooth some dungeon crawling cravings that hadn't been satisfied in a while and well... I got this wonderful little beauty that surpassed all my expectations. Glad to see so many others have liked it too. Hopefully it catches on in GP and gets some praise. I'd love to see more from the developer :D
  • neeker75neeker751,139,393
    Posted on 09 April 20 at 04:43
    Thanks for recommending Children of Morta. I really enjoyed it when playing through it last month. It takes quite a while to complete, but the dungeons typically take 10-15 minutes to clear, and there's really no need to follow any walkthrough at all, making it my go-to game whenever I need a quick dose of gaming.

Of course Riverbond as well. It's my son's favorite. Thumbs up for this article.
  • MagicalChildMagicalChild767,234
    Posted on 09 April 20 at 06:42
    Is Overcooked 2 doable solo? Got stuck on one of the last levels in the first one.
    I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.