Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Five Xbox One games for when you're short on time

• Springbok NLSpringbok NL661,919
    Posted on 09 April 20 at 07:34
    or Gems Of War
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76545,533
    Posted on 09 April 20 at 08:59
    My Friend Pedro would also be perfect, since the levels are only about 5 minutes long. I quite enjoyed it. (Definitely not a "family" game, though.)
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,231,572
    Posted on 09 April 20 at 09:16
    SilentJay76 said:
    My Friend Pedro would also be perfect, since the levels are only about 5 minutes long. I quite enjoyed it. (Definitely not a "family" game, though.)
    Great game, the completion is pretty tough though. I would also add Lonely Mountains Downhill. Each run is about 5 mins with crashes. Great game too.
    Legohead 1977
  • ArkzeinArkzein328,322
    Posted on 09 April 20 at 11:36
    R3f1CuL said:
    Spinal22 said:
    Children of Morta is a jewel.
    I recommand it
    Agreed whole heartedly. Played it a few weeks ago and loved it. Was really just playing it to sooth some dungeon crawling cravings that hadn't been satisfied in a while and well... I got this wonderful little beauty that surpassed all my expectations. Glad to see so many others have liked it too. Hopefully it catches on in GP and gets some praise. I'd love to see more from the developer :D
    Couldn't have said it better and glad a few here share the sentiment. There are a lot of retro style games out there at the moment, some mediocre at best, but this was a brilliant game, all the better for the surprise.
  • halohogghalohogg103,814
    Posted on 09 April 20 at 13:01
    I jump in and out of gaming with the latest racer I have installed. Grinding laps and slowly clearing the career grid is my easy go to.
  • rob25Xrob25X593,283
    Posted on 09 April 20 at 14:54
    Riverbond might be a shortish completion (8 hours or so) but each level takes about 30 minutes each + annoying bosses and collectibles to locate. Ideal for jumping into 1 hour at a time with a collectibles guide but not less.

That's how I did it, roughly 1 hour sessions each day after work.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 April 20 at 16:34
    Completed Riverbond in about 5 hours yesterday. Nice aesthetic, but not a very compelling. There is literally no challenge - just a time killer.
  • XellizXelliz258,431
    Posted on 21 April 20 at 15:15
    Children of Morta was a lot of fun. Just trying to get the last few achievements now.
  • x1c1clex1c1cle175,598
    Posted on 11 May 20 at 16:16
    AZChristopher said:
    Thank you for this. I often only have a short time to play and just stare at my list of games before deciding to just turn off my Xbox since I don’t have hours of time to play.
    hat tip. my life.
  • TheOnlyMattoTheOnlyMatto1,641,918
    Posted on 13 May 20 at 08:25
    MagicalChild said:
    Is Overcooked 2 doable solo? Got stuck on one of the last levels in the first one.
    Yes, much easier than the first. I am currently running it for a second time on the comp (game pass pc)
    See you in Valhalla
  • MagicalChildMagicalChild766,906
    Posted on 13 May 20 at 09:13
    TheOnlyMatto said:
    MagicalChild said:
    Is Overcooked 2 doable solo? Got stuck on one of the last levels in the first one.
    Yes, much easier than the first. I am currently running it for a second time on the comp (game pass pc)
    Great! Thanks!
    I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!
  • JCB DUKEJCB DUKE812,227
    Posted on 15 May 20 at 12:52
    Bad North was great - a bit like Advance Wars -it looks deceptively simple and then you get murdered... a lot. I'm undecided on Children of Morta but I may have to give it a go.
  • ChooseMyFateChooseMyFate452,204
    Posted on 07 June 20 at 15:44
    Only thing about Rocket League being on here is that you can't exactly just put it down or pause it. My time is fragmented so that's what I need when I'm short on time.
    -CMF
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.