Game Discussion: Growtopia

What is this game and why are there no completions?

• Johnny SinisterJohnny Sinister1,421,546
    Posted on 30 May 20 at 15:52
    Prof BOOM said:
    Given this game a try. Like someone said oddly addictive. Wished I started playing a year ago probably be well ahead. But I’m going to “attempt” to do like what someone had said an grind for some of the elusive ones. Rather not hard to get along in the game. It’s just a pain. Kinda sucks they shut the console side off, be better to just merge it into the computer/mobile side.
    I was talking to someone last night in-game and they were giving me some information about a possible merger between the servers. Unfortunately, it wouldn't help achievement hunters like us. It would simply make it (if implemented) for you to carry your stats and items over to the PC/Mobile servers to continue playing Growtopia there. The console version are definitely going away.

I also found out that the Legendary achievement was, in fact, never possible on the console version, as certain required items were never made available on those servers.

Depending on how much time you have already invested, about 6 of the achievements are probably possible. I just finished the surgery achievement and it took an unbelievable amount of time and resources. I am trying for two more achievements (ringu and boss ghost) then I am calling it quits. Nothing beyond that is possible at this point.
  • Prof BOOMProf BOOM194,821
    Posted on 02 June 20 at 20:31
    If they merge our stuff over that’ll at least be nice so we can not have to restart if anyone ever picks it up on there. But they definitely didn’t plan this all the way out I am guessing when they ported the game over. I am close to defeating a villain an I might attempt to try an grab the ghost hunter one, I’d like to get the fishing one but I couldn’t imagine the amount of time it might take. But good luck I really hope you get the remaining ones you can, I’ll be rather jealous as they are not gonna be gained ever again with the game being so young.
    Posted on 02 June 20 at 22:29
    Prof BOOM said:
    If they merge our stuff over that’ll at least be nice so we can not have to restart if anyone ever picks it up on there. But they definitely didn’t plan this all the way out I am guessing when they ported the game over. I am close to defeating a villain an I might attempt to try an grab the ghost hunter one, I’d like to get the fishing one but I couldn’t imagine the amount of time it might take. But good luck I really hope you get the remaining ones you can, I’ll be rather jealous as they are not gonna be gained ever again with the game being so young.
    I am an expert at ghost hunting right now, lol. If you find me online, I would be more than happy to lend you some gear to save you the time and.money.
    Posted on 04 June 20 at 19:39, Edited on 04 June 20 at 22:52 by Johnny Sinister
    Fucking wow. So close to getting the boss ghost achievement tonight. The boss ghost appears literally 1 night a month. Me and another capable player set up the entire, expensive 'trap grid' required to fight the ghost and then a bunch of randoms just run in and destroy the whole thing. HOURS of work and saving for this moment and they just run and break shit like 5 year olds (of course, they very well may have been).

Can't believe this shit.

EDIT:

Spent the rest of my savings for items and gave it another run. Again, some kid runs in and thinks "What is that shiny expensive looking thing? Let me destroy it!"

Not sure this is possible with such a toxic community.

EDIT AGAIN:

Just sent a profanity filled feedback ticket to the Growtopia site. I half expect to see a profile suspension next time I try logging on.
  • Prof BOOMProf BOOM194,821
    Posted on 08 June 20 at 07:57
    Oh wow!! I am extremely sorry to hear that! I completely understand how long it takes to save an try an get enough to even feel nearly stable. I could only imagine how it was beforehand. But I do hope if you happen to not get suspended that you get another chance before it is to late!!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.