Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Machinarium Walkthrough Discussion

• Posted on 17 April 20 at 03:57Permalink
    Please use this thread to discuss the Machinarium walkthrough.
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x1,046,860
    Posted on 18 April 20 at 17:52Permalink
    I'll be working on this over the next week or so, in between working from home.

It's a great game and really satisfying to play through, so I'm toying with the idea of splitting the walkthrough into two: a gradual hints system using spoiler tags, and the full walkthrough with step by step instructions.
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • KingyOwlKingyOwl373,494
    Posted on 19 April 20 at 08:26, Edited on 19 April 20 at 08:46 by KingyOwlPermalink
    x Mataeus x said:
    I'll be working on this over the next week or so, in between working from home.

It's a great game and really satisfying to play through, so I'm toying with the idea of splitting the walkthrough into two: a gradual hints system using spoiler tags, and the full walkthrough with step by step instructions.
    Could you give me a little preview and write a guide for the ringer achievement? I went through the whole game and this was the achievement I missed cause I didn’t spot a man in a turban!

EDIT - found him, for anyone wondering before the walkthrough is finished, you use the town square clock and crank to set it to the time on one of the notes on the wall.
    Posted on 09 May 20 at 16:15Permalink
    Sorry dude, I never read these things!

The walkthrough is now 100% complete and submitted for approval.
    In the hints and tips page I have included a spoiler free guide for the four missable achievements for those who want to enjoy the adventure at their own pace without worrying about them.

As always, if you have any queries or corrections, please PM me, thank you!
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
    Posted on 13 May 20 at 06:14Permalink
    Please PM me with feedback, mistakes etc.
  • neeker75neeker751,048,718
    Posted on 18 May 20 at 04:29, Edited on 18 May 20 at 04:51 by neeker75Permalink
    I don't know if it's the game acting weird or the walkthorugh isn't entirely clear. There are many parts that don't work. For example, the part where the walkthrough says to use the light bulb on yourself doesn't work that way. I could only add the light bulb to the cone by combining them in inventory.

Also the "Back in Town" achievement unlocks after the Valley, not the Furnace.

For the Furnace, the machine refuses to pick me up from the cart. I had to connect the wires in the middle of the machine before it does.
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 13:51Permalink
    This guide has so many errors/ missed steps it's unbelievable. I'm sorry but you really need to rework it if you want to help.
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 13:04Permalink
    I'll take a look at it for you right now my friend. I'd appreciate it if you could PM me, as I requested above.
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 13:12Permalink
    I have clarified the light bulb / cone combo. I have also moved the location of the achievement unlock to the screen before.

Can you explain to me what you mean about the wiring? You only have to adjust it the second time around, so the claw moves in the opposite direction. The first time around, you just have to make sure the levers are in the correct order.

Please PM me if you find any more errors (again, as I originally requested) so I can correct them.

As an aside, the walkthrough follows the developer guide in sequence, as referenced by the screenshots which I pulled from the tips system within the game itself.
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 13:13Permalink
    It always take a short while before the WT update goes live, so please be patient until you can see the first lot of changes. Also, I wrote it as I was playing through, as you can see from my 100% completion (Think I was the first on site to complete it, not sure though).
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 13:19Permalink
    For connecting the wires in the middle of the machine, I think you've gotten two steps mixed up.

You can't actually reach the wires WITHOUT being picked up FIRST so this is definitely not the case.

If you're referring to the control panel with the levers, it's clearly spelled out in the walkthrough:

Collect the key from by the door on the far right
    Just to the left of that, push the glowing button to open a control panel
    Set the three switches inside the panel to bottom, top, bottom
    Push the plunger on the right of the control panel, and immediately run and enter the cart on the left. You have to be quick!
    As soon as you are picked up, click on the arrow which appears by you to jump to the left platform
    Use the key on the control panel, and use it
    Move the wires on the top connectors so it goes black, red, black, red
    Go back to the panel on the right, and click the plunger
    Run to the cart and get in again, and click the open pipe on the top right of the area as you pass it to EXIT
    So, so far, I've moved the location of an achievement (which is unmissable and actually unlocks a screen earlier than where I pasted it into the guide) and I've changed the description of the bulb / cone so it's clear you have to combine them.

I think to say "This guide has so many errors/ missed steps it's unbelievable." is a massive exaggeration, don't you?
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 13:23Permalink
    Happy to clear up any more errors / anything which is unclear. As I always ask, PM me because I don't check these forums, ever. I will not see what you write unless someone brings it to my attention, which in this case they kindly did.
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 13:33Permalink
    Updates will be live soon.
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 14:41Permalink
    Updates are now live.
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 12:54Permalink
    neeker75 said:
    This guide has so many errors/ missed steps it's unbelievable. I'm sorry but you really need to rework it if you want to help.
    I noticed you completed this two days ago. Any more feedback? Did everything else work fine?

Please leave a thumbs up if it helped.

Thank you.
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 00:19Permalink
    This is a point-and-click adventure game. These games required specific steps to trigger the next available things to do. The ones I listed aren't the only things I had issues with the WT.

Even up till the final few levels, there were steps that were missed. E.g., after leaving the elevator, you mentioned to go left to use the lever, when you'd actually need to go right to press the power button to activate power first before the left lever would work. In the greenhouse, the part about the butterfly was really confusing - following the WT, the butterfly never gets collected to be shown on the projector. The easiest way to solve it for me was to take a photo of the butterfly when using the magnifying glass on the top railings. It's things like this that happen regularly enough when using the WT to make it a frustrating affair. Even the final part about how to trigger the ladders at the roof was wrong.

I used the solutions on the individual achievements on TA to get past areas where I was stuck. The final few levels have no detailed solutions, so I mostly figured them out on my own.
    Posted on 25 May 20 at 19:29, Edited on 26 May 20 at 06:38 by x Mataeus xPermalink
    After growing the right-hand plant, head up the rear stairs and use the stick you collected on the plant
    Reach inside and collect the magnifying glass
    Use the magnifying glass with the butterfly just by the window
    Now go back downstairs, and attach the magnifying glass to the projector

Um, there's the part about using the magnifying glass on the butterfly. If you want to take a photo of it at that point, do so. That's your preference.

As for the elevator, I forgot the power is off when you first arrive. Added that step in. Thank you.

For the final part, I've added the word "Have" in front of "Berta: Rotate the switch to keep the stairs open" so that others aren't as confused as you were. Again, thank you.

Speaking of following simple instructions, what happened to PMing me with other suggestions? You haven't.
  • Posted on 31 May 20 at 14:06Permalink
    x Mataeus x said:
    After growing the right-hand plant, head up the rear stairs and use the stick you collected on the plant
    Reach inside and collect the magnifying glass
    Use the magnifying glass with the butterfly just by the window
    Now go back downstairs, and attach the magnifying glass to the projector

Um, there's the part about using the magnifying glass on the butterfly. If you want to take a photo of it at that point, do so. That's your preference.

As for the elevator, I forgot the power is off when you first arrive. Added that step in. Thank you.

For the final part, I've added the word "Have" in front of "Berta: Rotate the switch to keep the stairs open" so that others aren't as confused as you were. Again, thank you.

Speaking of following simple instructions, what happened to PMing me with other suggestions? You haven't.
    Suggestions should be made in the public forum so we can track them. Let's not get personal over some community assistance on a guide.
    "It's not that I can, and others can't. It's that I will, and others won't."
    Posted on 31 May 20 at 20:28Permalink
    Please read the full thread - he was making a mountain our of a mole hill, and some things were just lies, because they're impossible in the game, like arranging the wires before getting in the cart.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.