Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

GreedFall Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 19 April 20 at 00:40
    Please use this thread to discuss the GreedFall walkthrough.
  • WulfTekWulfTek857,021
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 21:17
    How's this coming along?
  • Bashemgud 03Bashemgud 031,322,392
    Posted on 01 August 20 at 00:38
    Very curious how this is going also...
  • Posted on 05 August 20 at 18:47
    Likewise. Appreciate the work going into this walkthrough.
  • Bashemgud 03Bashemgud 031,322,392
    Posted on 23 August 20 at 04:38
    I am guessing dead in the water...damn
  • Shh I am BatmanShh I am Batman1,296,370
    Posted on 25 August 20 at 19:22
    This guide needs a little bit of polish before it's publish ready. Not quite dead in the water.
    "It's not that I can, and others can't. It's that I will, and others won't."
  • Posted on 18 September 20 at 01:16
    Any update on the progress of this walkthrough??
  • Posted on 22 September 20 at 21:04
    I'm considering this game in my 2021 backlog.
    Looks like there are achievements for multiple endings here, so I'm curious how many playthroughs will be required.
  • Information
    Posted on 02 October 20 at 21:54
    The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: GreedFall Walkthrough
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn327,785
    Posted on 17 December 20 at 22:09
    Great walkthrough, thank you.
    I'd move
    GreedFallSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in GreedFall worth 168 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

right after
    GreedFallSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in GreedFall worth 215 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

as there is the earliest possibility, plus this will leave the one for extreme difficulty as the last achievement, which would be a perfect ending for the game.
  • SinFluxxSinFluxx590,854
    Posted on 01 January 21 at 09:12
    ^ I agree on moving the above into the first playthrough, no reason it can't be done then.

Also, in the Extreme playthrough it recommends putting a point into Lockpicking to be able to open the chests throughout Serene - you can instead take Kurt's armor off him and wear it as it has +1 Lockpicking on it. It does make it a bit of a faff in the Naut buildings as, if you don't want to piss off the Nauts, you have to be out of sight, swap to Kurt's armor, and stealth kill the Nauts around so that you can lockpick the chests without risking being seen - I think saving the Talent point is worth it though.
  • ScaroveseScarovese821,369
    Posted on 10 May 21 at 16:39
    There might be more wiggle room in the Naut relationship if you do "The Suffering of Constantin" before "The Spy from Theleme". When I did them in the order recommended in the walkthrough, I lost 2 rep points when I found Alba dead, then only gained back 3 by completing the spying for the Admiral. But when I did The Suffering of Constantin first, Alba was alive and I gained a total of 8 rep points with the Nauts and no losses.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv752,404
    Posted on 27 June 21 at 08:30
    I just encountered the issue stated above today. I was worried about the -2 points after finding Alba dead, so found a guide online about how to avoid that happening. Had to re-do a couple hours of work, but better than nothing. I'm not even sure it matters since the guide doesn't mention it, but I figured it would be better to play it safe.
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv752,404
    Posted on 01 July 21 at 21:38, Edited on 01 July 21 at 22:25 by Schinderdiv
    Vinbar's Sanctuary (Part 2) says you'll lose -1 rep with the natives, but I lost -3. The only difference in my playthrough from the guide is that I started my game as a male character before deciding to use this guide and I didn't want to restart the first few hours, so I've not romanced Kurt, but Aphra instead. I've stuck with it for all other choices and companions for particular missions/scenarios.

Edit: Main Story Quest: A New High King also says you'll lose -1 rep, but I again lost -3 rep.
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • SighrisSighris2,012,647
    Posted on 23 July 21 at 03:39
    Walkthrough is missing bit of info, early on you mention picking up quest The Man with the Silver Coin, but hold off on it and never bring it up again in walkthrough, but it has to be done to be able to do contraband quest.
    Moo
  • Rista BRista B703,014
    Posted on 03 August 21 at 02:08
    Just a couple of comments about some possible "efficiency" improvements. Was able to clean up all the playthrough one wrap up achievements on the three endings by re-specing the character with a memory crystal each time. The only achievement I still had open was getting all the campfires. Also, the last ending on the extreme playthrough can be completed at the end of any of the playthroughs on easy.
  • Rista BRista B703,014
    Posted on 13 August 21 at 12:51
    Question regarding the quest Dr. Asili's Experiments on the extreme playthrough. I let the assistants go and killed the Dr. as described in the walkthrough. Also picked up the documents in the house regarding his research. When returning to the governor I get +2 reputation but must proceed with more dialog that leads to only two options, something about the Nauts and "reveal everything". Either one I pick ends up with a -10 reputation hit turning them immediately to suspicious. I tried reloading a couple different times and I get the same outcome. I guess I will have to redo the entire quest and turn him in alive. At that point maybe I can skip the trial quest if the reputation is high enough.

Anyone else have this happen?
  • TOKAREV FLTOKAREV FL486,530
    Posted on 16 October 21 at 20:41, Edited on 17 October 21 at 23:21 by TOKAREV FL
    I've been following this walkthrough and noticed an issue.

- I was unable to start the mission "Coin Guard Side Quest: Contraband". This was because there was no mention of "The Man With The Silver Coin" side quest in the walkthrough anywhere. I'd suggest including that somewhere as it was missed. Correct me if I'm wrong. This was also mentioned by @Sighris so it seems like this still isn't fixed.

EDIT: Also there is no mention of the DLC Achievements anywhere. I'm assuming the walkthrough was made before any DLC was added.
  • LockieLockie650,903
    Posted on 16 June 22 at 02:19, Edited on 16 June 22 at 02:51 by Lockie
    Great walkthrough, but I feel like it could've been condensed into 1.5 playthroughs.

I wonder if you hold off on doing the Kurt quests and do a strategic save, then you could get all the coup achievements on the first playthrough? Then reload the save, do all his quests to make him Friendly and get the good ending for it.

Also I wonder if, with a strategic save you could leave a faction as Nice/Suspicious so that you can get the ending which you have at the end of the 2nd playthrough, then reload the save to get all the endings in the 1st playthrough.

That would leave just having to get the final romance on the 2nd playthrough rather than completing the game again. (Personally I played on Extreme for the 1st playthrough too. It's not hard if you focus on pistols).
    Console: Series X on an LG CX // PC: Ryzen 5 5600X w/ RTX 3060 Ti
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.