The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: The 18 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

• MizerisMoneyMizerisMoney485,039
    Posted on 22 April 20 at 10:56
    nightw0lf said:
    DaBlackAlbino said:
    I often forget just how severely gamerscore has been devalued by the prevalence of low quality easily completed indie games this generation.
    So you complain about gamer score being "devalued" this generation, but you have Avatar, NBA 2K6, Hannah Montana, King Kong, Terminator Salvation, Shaq Fu, and various other 360 "low quality easily completed" games on your profile. You also obtained most of your Surviving Mars achievements in one day, right after the mod method was published.

I don't fault you for playing games with easy gamerscore (I do it, too), but you don't have much room to say stuff like this when a good chunk of your gamerscore is from easier games.

And there are many high-quality indie games this generation, too, some of which are also easily-completed.
    He's right. Gamerscore has been devalued big time. You have all these games that takes less than 1 hour to complete, and they require no effort or skill. Also they have jacked up every games gamerscore to over 2000 now with crappy dlc.
    So what if he has easy games on his profile, everybody does. A few of those games actually took hours to complete. I never played Avatar though because its like 5 minutes.
  • nightw0lfnightw0lf888,340
    Posted on 22 April 20 at 11:17
    MizerisMoney said:
    nightw0lf said:
    DaBlackAlbino said:
    I often forget just how severely gamerscore has been devalued by the prevalence of low quality easily completed indie games this generation.
    So you complain about gamer score being "devalued" this generation, but you have Avatar, NBA 2K6, Hannah Montana, King Kong, Terminator Salvation, Shaq Fu, and various other 360 "low quality easily completed" games on your profile. You also obtained most of your Surviving Mars achievements in one day, right after the mod method was published.

I don't fault you for playing games with easy gamerscore (I do it, too), but you don't have much room to say stuff like this when a good chunk of your gamerscore is from easier games.

And there are many high-quality indie games this generation, too, some of which are also easily-completed.
    He's right. Gamerscore has been devalued big time. You have all these games that takes less than 1 hour to complete, and they require no effort or skill. Also they have jacked up every games gamerscore to over 2000 now with crappy dlc.
    There are plenty of 360 games that don't take any skill either.

Regardless, gamerscore never had any "value" in the first place. It has never indicated skill. You can have a high gamerscore by completing a bunch of games (regardless of difficulty or platform) or by playing parts of hundreds (or thousands) of games. Any "value" or "devaluing" is subjective and imagined.
  • MizerisMoneyMizerisMoney485,039
    Posted on 22 April 20 at 14:05
    nightw0lf said:
    MizerisMoney said:
    nightw0lf said:
    DaBlackAlbino said:

There are plenty of 360 games that don't take any skill either.

Regardless, gamerscore never had any "value" in the first place. It has never indicated skill. You can have a high gamerscore by completing a bunch of games (regardless of difficulty or platform) or by playing parts of hundreds (or thousands) of games. Any "value" or "devaluing" is subjective and imagined.
    Its got value to people to people like us, that's why we're on this site. I agree with you that overall it doesn't really mean anything, and doesn't indicate the skill of a gamer, but its more of a reminder of all the time and effort you put in to completing all those specific tasks.
    Getting 1000 gamerscore in less than an hour doesn't do anything for me. I would much rather spend 8 hours or more to do that because at least i know i put some time into it.
  • Posted on 22 April 20 at 16:44
    For those of us that have lives where time isn't easy to come by (job, family, etc.) ... bite-sized games and completions fill a need. I think that as Gen 1 gamers age into middle adulthood, you see more and more of these games hitting the market to fill that need.
  • Drazer76Drazer76632,800
    Posted on 23 April 20 at 00:47
    A monthly list like this for all the Gamepass additions that month would be good.
    Game completion time, difficulty etc..
  • GamesOfDAYNEGamesOfDAYNE1,110,644
    Posted on 23 April 20 at 20:35
    Of course I had been stockpiling most of these and they’re finally on sale 😭 I’ve been ploughing through them to smash out 106K Gamerscore for April so far, those that care about TA ratio I’m sure would be disgusted
    TheDAYNE 815 Facebook: Games of DAYNE Twitter: @gamesofdayne815
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.