Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Astrologaster (Win 10) Walkthrough Discussion

• TheOnlyMattoTheOnlyMatto1,431,541
    Posted on 01 May 20 at 22:19Permalink
    Great WT, easy to follow and a nice quick finish. Ty again and I look forward to the next WT you write. toasttoasttoast
    See you in Valhalla
  • imaidiot19imaidiot19811,664
    Posted on 01 May 20 at 22:47, Edited on 01 May 20 at 22:48 by imaidiot19Permalink
    Walkthrough is great, but the it seems all of the non 'complete story' achievements after the first letter of recommendation need to be moved up. - (The second one unlocks a couple lines earlier than in the walkthrough)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Simon Forman 4: Any choice

(You will gain +10 for Alice Blague in a letter)
    Emilia Lanier 5 (will gain +55 as you speak): B – Up (+10)
    Astrologaster (Win 10)Second letter of recommendationimaidiot19The Second letter of recommendation achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 41 pointsRecieve two letters of recommendation.

Riccardo Ferraro 4: Aries - Left (+20)

Nicholas Mugg 3 (will gain +20 as you speak): Libra – Right (+20)
    Astrologaster (Win 10)Third letter of recommendationimaidiot19The Third letter of recommendation achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 41 pointsRecieve three letters of recommendation.

Thomas Blague 3 (will gain +70 as you speak): B – Up (+20)
    Astrologaster (Win 10)Fourth letter of recommendationimaidiot19The Fourth letter of recommendation achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 41 pointsRecieve four letters of recommendation.

and so on
    Yes, I know I am.
  • PangoBaraPangoBara1,128,114
    Posted on 01 May 20 at 23:13Permalink
    imaidiot19 said:
    Walkthrough is great, but the it seems all of the non 'complete story' achievements after the first letter of recommendation need to be moved up. - (The second one unlocks a couple lines earlier than in the walkthrough)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Simon Forman 4: Any choice

(You will gain +10 for Alice Blague in a letter)
    Emilia Lanier 5 (will gain +55 as you speak): B – Up (+10)
    Astrologaster (Win 10)Second letter of recommendationimaidiot19The Second letter of recommendation achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 41 pointsRecieve two letters of recommendation.

Riccardo Ferraro 4: Aries - Left (+20)

Nicholas Mugg 3 (will gain +20 as you speak): Libra – Right (+20)
    Astrologaster (Win 10)Third letter of recommendationimaidiot19The Third letter of recommendation achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 41 pointsRecieve three letters of recommendation.

Thomas Blague 3 (will gain +70 as you speak): B – Up (+20)
    Astrologaster (Win 10)Fourth letter of recommendationimaidiot19The Fourth letter of recommendation achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 41 pointsRecieve four letters of recommendation.

and so on
    Thanks for that catch. I'll double check real quick tomorrow, then submit a fix
    Santino
  • Posted on 08 May 20 at 00:18Permalink
    Yea you get earlier. Also nothing talks about having sex with a patient
    Iceberg Right Ahead
    Posted on 08 May 20 at 01:50, Edited on 23 May 20 at 23:32 by PangoBaraPermalink
    Iceberg082006 said:
    Yea you get earlier. Also nothing talks about having sex with a patient
    The sex thing is this achievement:
    Astrologaster (Win 10)Secret AchievementPangoBaraThe Secret Achievement achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 40 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    Santino
  • SpeleoFoolSpeleoFool1,288,117
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 05:29Permalink
    Pray tell whither stars didst thou gaze upon?

I didn't see the walkthrough before the request to move the achievements up, but the order it's in now did not match at all what happened in my game. I began to suspect the walkthrough was way off once Emilia Lanier did not give me a letter at all; if you add up the scores in the walkthrough, it's plain you don't reach 100 points by the point the guide says "2nd Letter" should unlock:

Emilia Lanier: Scorpio - Up (+20) = 20
    Emilia Lanier 2: Virgo - Right (+20) = 40
    Emilia Lanier 3: C - Right (-5) = 35
    Emilia Lanier 4: C – Right (-10) = 25
    Emilia Lanier 5 (will gain +55 as you speak): B – Up (+10) = 90

The guide says 2nd letter should unlock here, but it did not and does not appear that it should have.

Emilia Lanier 6: A – Left (-15)

I did briefly gain some points, followed by losing points, so never got a letter, but did unlock "Emelia Lanier" for finishing her storyline. Meanwhile, I still had not unlocked even a second letter (much less a 4th) by this point. Thomas Blague is at 90/100, Nicholas Mugg is at 95, and Ricardo Ferraro is also at 95. Both Robert Devereux and Sybil Fortescue are at 80.

--

Here is a corrected list of when achievements actually popped for me. You can confirm that the ratios / # of people unlocking line up with the list below, but not the walkthrough in its present form:

Nicholas Mugg 4: Cancer – Left
    Astrologaster (Win 10)Second letter of recommendationThe Second letter of recommendation achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 41 pointsRecieve two letters of recommendation.

Robert Devereux 3 (will gain +20 as you speak): Any choice
    Astrologaster (Win 10)Third letter of recommendationThe Third letter of recommendation achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 41 pointsRecieve three letters of recommendation.

Lancelot Moore 4 (will go down to 0 as you speak): Libra – Up (+35)
    - Scoring was wrong--I dropped from 35 to 20 (not zero) while speaking, but then did gain +35 to reach a new total of 55.

Thomas Blague 4 (will lose -10 as you speak): A – Left (- 10)

Sybil Fortescue 3: Taurus – Right (+20)
    Astrologaster (Win 10)Fourth letter of recommendationThe Fourth letter of recommendation achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 41 pointsRecieve four letters of recommendation.

Alice Blague 5 (will gain +20 as you speak): A – Left (+10)
    - No letter of recommendation yet; total = 90

John Whitgift 4 (will gain +20 as you speak): Scorpio – Right
    Astrologaster (Win 10)Fifth letter of recommendationThe Fifth letter of recommendation achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 41 pointsRecieve five letters of recommendation.

Thomas Blague 5: Aries – Left
    Astrologaster (Win 10)Thomas BlagueThe Thomas Blague achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 42 pointsComplete Thomas Blague's storyline.

Astrologaster (Win 10)Sixth letter of recommendationThe Sixth letter of recommendation achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 42 pointsRecieve six letters of recommendation.

Alice Blague 6 (will lose -20 as you speak): Aries – Right

Mary Payne 4 (will raise to 100 as you speak): A – Left
    Astrologaster (Win 10)Seventh letter of recommendationThe Seventh letter of recommendation achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 42 pointsRecieve seven letters of recommendation.

Humphrey Bell 3 (will gain +20 as you speak): Aries – Right (+10)

Alice Blague 7 (will raise to 100 as you speak): A – Left
    Astrologaster (Win 10)Alice BlagueThe Alice Blague achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 42 pointsComplete Alice Blague's storyline.

Astrologaster (Win 10)'Doctor' Simon FormanThe 'Doctor' Simon Forman achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 42 pointsWin a medical licence.

Astrologaster (Win 10)Eigth letter of recommendationThe Eigth letter of recommendation achievement in Astrologaster (Win 10) worth 42 pointsRecieve eight letters of recommendation.
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 08:55, Edited on 26 May 20 at 08:57 by PangoBaraPermalink
    SpeleoFool said:
    Pray tell whither stars didst thou gaze upon?

I didn't see the walkthrough before the request to move the achievements up, but the order it's in now did not match at all what happened in my game. I began to suspect the walkthrough was way off once Emilia Lanier did not give me a letter at all; if you add up the scores in the walkthrough, it's plain you don't reach 100 points by the point the guide says "2nd Letter" should unlock:

Emilia Lanier: Scorpio - Up (+20) = 20
    Emilia Lanier 2: Virgo - Right (+20) = 40
    Emilia Lanier 3: C - Right (-5) = 35
    Emilia Lanier 4: C – Right (-10) = 25
    Emilia Lanier 5 (will gain +55 as you speak): B – Up (+10) = 90

The guide says 2nd letter should unlock here, but it did not and does not appear that it should have.

Emilia Lanier 6: A – Left (-15)

I did briefly gain some points, followed by losing points, so never got a letter, but did unlock "Emelia Lanier" for finishing her storyline. Meanwhile, I still had not unlocked even a second letter (much less a 4th) by this point. Thomas Blague is at 90/100, Nicholas Mugg is at 95, and Ricardo Ferraro is also at 95. Both Robert Devereux and Sybil Fortescue are at 80.
    Thanks for the information. This is genuinely kind of confusing for me.

Looking back at my own unlock order, I had 3 letters of recommendation before finishing Emilia's story.
    With yours, you had 1 before finishing hers.
    With the comment above and looking at the person who upvoted the walkthrough most recently, they had 4.

I'm gonna have to manage to personally get ahold of the game again and play through on a fresh account to figure out what's up because what you're saying makes sense when I look into the walkthrough
    Santino
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 09:48Permalink
    Ok, having gone through the beginning of the game again using my walkthrough.

Some of the numbers were off (I'll be fixing them), but as long as the walkthrough was followed 4 Letters of Recommendations should be received before Emilia Lanier's story is finished. I received them in the exact location that the previous comment corrected me with as well.

For example, Emilia actually started at 35 instead of 20. That extra 15 filled the gap enough for the letter to be got.

There were a couple other number issues, but the instructions were correct so far
    Santino
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 15:06Permalink
    Maybe some of the "any option" choices have subtle effects? I dunno. I followed the guide closely except in those few choices where it was up to me, in which case I went for funny answers.
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 15:31Permalink
    SpeleoFool said:
    Maybe some of the "any option" choices have subtle effects? I dunno. I followed the guide closely except in those few choices where it was up to me, in which case I went for funny answers.
    I thought that may have been possible too, but I made sure to go with different answers than I did previously.

I don't know. Hopefully, if there is still some sort of issue, people will continue to let me know
    Santino
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 15:38Permalink
    Well, the upside is that by the end of the game I had way more than 8 letters of recommendation, so there's no risk to the completion, and the steps in the walkthrough were all good. Just came down to a a little confusion and early concern while things misaligned.
  • Posted on 28 May 20 at 04:02Permalink
    That's good to know that the completion is in order. I'm observing the exactly same thing as SpeleoFool. My progress so far lines up exactly with yours.
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 04:55Permalink
    Mike Marcelais said:
    That's good to know that the completion is in order. I'm observing the exactly same thing as SpeleoFool. My progress so far lines up exactly with yours.
    I'm genuinely just curious about what's causing the difference.
    The walkthrough will unlock everything regardless, but it's strange
    Santino
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.